stable flight

theropod

i hadnt check the flanker since 1.5.1 update, i just had a test flight and noticed that the flanker is flying more stable after 1.5.1 update.

before current update there was nose up behaviour after takeoff and also at low speeds(more trim needed) but now, no more trim needed until your speed over 500kmh.

overall, flanker flies much stable.

Awesome improvement thank you ED!

Also much less tendency to go inverted stall. Although it will if you push it. Especially with ACS off.

yes, i noticed that too.

the inverted stall was not the reason to crash during my 1.5.1 test flights:)

we entered the golden age of flanker i guiess, only high g stuctural damage left to add the flanker.

wing flex added on current version and now it is time to brake it:)

Edited by theropod

• 2 weeks later...

I read your post with interest ad I've always loved the Flanker but found the pitch up after take off frustrating. I've just taken the Flanker out for a quick flight and you're spot on, no more pitch up attitude, I think I'll be flying her a lot more now!

Thanks for posting this.

Worther_1

DCS Black Shark 2, A10-C, Huey, MiG-21bis, Hawk, Flaming Cliffs 3, F/A-18, Nevada Terrain.

Yep, it's true. Flanker is dead now.

Интернет-магазин для ЕАЭС, Стань частью команды VIRPIL Controls, VIRPIL Controls в ВК, Канал VIRPIL Controls на Youtube

Win10 / I7-4790K 4.6GHz / Z97X / GTX 1080Ti / 32 Gb / SSD Samsung 860 Pro 2Tb+HDD WD 2Tb/ 40" 4K Philips BDM4065UC / TrackIR 5 / VPC MongoosT-50CM2 Flightstick (pitch: soft center cam, stiff spring / roll: hard center cam, stiff spring) + VPC Extension 200mm (S-shaped)/ VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Throttle with Aerobatics Detents/ VPC Control Panel #1 / VPC Ace Flight Rudder Pedals

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

it flies stable and feels more comfortable now.

long live flanker!:thumbup:

If you are looking for comfort and stability, you need Cessna 172, not maneuverable combat aircraft as the Flanker is. She was originally created statically unstable.

Интернет-магазин для ЕАЭС, Стань частью команды VIRPIL Controls, VIRPIL Controls в ВК, Канал VIRPIL Controls на Youtube

Win10 / I7-4790K 4.6GHz / Z97X / GTX 1080Ti / 32 Gb / SSD Samsung 860 Pro 2Tb+HDD WD 2Tb/ 40" 4K Philips BDM4065UC / TrackIR 5 / VPC MongoosT-50CM2 Flightstick (pitch: soft center cam, stiff spring / roll: hard center cam, stiff spring) + VPC Extension 200mm (S-shaped)/ VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Throttle with Aerobatics Detents/ VPC Control Panel #1 / VPC Ace Flight Rudder Pedals

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

If you are looking for comfort and stability, you need Cessna 172, not maneuverable combat aircraft as the Flanker is. She was originally created statically unstable.

disagree with you,

yes it created unstable but when only flying without Direct Control(ACS) function.

FBW system corrections makes the plane stable on flight and that makes me feel comfortable.

I compared the current version with older version and result is far better for me.

I like cessna and I hope to see it on wide dcs world one day.

Edited by archer86

I read your post with interest ad I've always loved the Flanker but found the pitch up after take off frustrating. I've just taken the Flanker out for a quick flight and you're spot on, no more pitch up attitude, I think I'll be flying her a lot more now!

Thanks for posting this.

worther, thank you for your interest!

i guess more noticable things will add to flanker with future updates. more data and more correction , i like the way that ED follows:)

I'd say it's the other way around. How are you going to successfully engage enemy aircraft if your plane does not even fly? Difficulty does not equate to realism. That idea needs to be wiped out.

Awaiting: DCS F-15C

Win 10 i5-9600KF 4.6 GHz 64 GB RAM RTX2080Ti 11GB -- Win 7 64 i5-6600K 3.6 GHz 32 GB RAM GTX970 4GB -- A-10C, F-5E, Su-27, F-15C, F-14B, F-16C missions in User Files

Don't know if it's requiring less trimming. It does fly a bit differently, and especially seems different in the higher speed ranges. I haven't had time to test it but it almost feels as if, after around 850 km/hr, the nose starts pitching down instead of up as speed increases. If so, this is the reverse of what the trimmer law dictates.

YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCU1...CR6IZ7crfdZxDg

_____

Win 10 Pro x64, ASUS Z97 Pro MoBo, Intel i7-4790K, EVGA GTX 970 4GB, HyperX Savage 32GB, Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB SSD, 2x Seagate Hybrid Drive 2TB Raid 0.