[Reported]BUG 1 - Client groups with more than one client not accessible in multiplay

All,

This BUG report is for multi-player only! When a joining a remote server mission in multi player, and logging into a new slot once the mission is loaded, the client groups are non-existing on the server.

Underlying is an explanation following the attached test mission documenting the bug so that ED can reproduce it. It involves a dummy Client group setup as a MP slot in the mission. Take a look at the continuous trigger in the test mission documenting the behaviour when executed in two different scenarios:

OK - The working scenario, joining locally "Client Connection Test":

When running the underlying attached test mission on the server PC locally, and then joining the SU-25T slot
on the server PC
, the DCS MP server will execute the following scripting functions successfully:

1. local ClientData = Group.getByName( "Client Connection Test" )

--> ClientData will be populated with a reference to the Group as defined in the ME "Client Connection Test". ClientData will not be nil.

2. ClientData:isExist()

--> This function will correctly return true.

NOT OK - The non-working scenario and BUG, joining "Client Connection Test" remotely...

When
running the underlying attached test mission on the server PC, and then joining the SU-25T slot
from a second remote PC
, the DCS MP server will execute the following scripting functions with errors:

1. local ClientData = Group.getByName( "Client Connection Test" )

--> ClientData will be populated with a reference to the Group as defined in the ME "Client Connection Test". ClientData will not be nil.

2. ClientData:isExist()

--> This function will INCORRECTLY return false!!!! <--- BUG!!!

I have re-tested this issue with the attached mission file on the following DCSW versions, and the bug is consistent in these versions:

Server hosters, please try to verify this with the attached mission yourself on your MP server and client installation (2 PCs). If you can resimulate this, please help to report to ED this issue. It is rather serious as it blocks my complete MOOSE framework from working correctly in a MP environment. I also believe lots of other scripts created by the community will not work due to this error.

Probably, this error is only a symptom and the problem may be larger, like related to other scripting functions not working correctly.

Please report back your findings below.

Thank you in advance,

Sven

Client Connection Test Bug in 1.5.2.miz

Edited by BIGNEWY
TITLE

[TABLE][sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]|

[/TABLE]

It's a known bug that multiplayer client groups are not accessable.

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=147792

Edit: I run into this problem with my EWRS script. There is a workaround in that thread I posted.

Edited by Steggles

-16AGR- 16th Air Guards Regiment is always looking for pilots - http://www.16agr.com

EWRS - Early Warning Radar Script

Specs:

Gigabyte Sniper Z5-S

Intel i5-4670k 3.4GHz OC'd 3.9GHz w/ Thermaltake 120mm Water 3.0 Pro Liquid CPU Cooler

16GB RAM

Gigabyte GTX 1080

TM Hotas Warthog: SN: 06976

Saitek Pro Flight Combat Rudder Pedals

TrackIR5 with TrackClipPro & Oculus Rift

2x 28" 4k UHD Monitors (3840x2160 each) + 1280x1024

Post 5 in that thread ciribob has posted a fix that uses MIST.

-16AGR- 16th Air Guards Regiment is always looking for pilots - http://www.16agr.com

Specs:

Gigabyte Sniper Z5-S

Intel i5-4670k 3.4GHz OC'd 3.9GHz w/ Thermaltake 120mm Water 3.0 Pro Liquid CPU Cooler

16GB RAM

Gigabyte GTX 1080

Hi Steggles,

Thanks for the help, but i think this report is about something different. The MIST solution is not a valid workaround and we should try not to distract ourselves.

The group CAN be retrieved with the Group.getByName() function server, but the problem is, that the Group:isExist() returns false on the server when the client is started remotely.

Anyway, the moderators have alraedy confirmed the issue and are looking into it.

kind regards,

Sven

[/TABLE]

No worries man. When you hear back, could you please pass on the info?

Specs:

Gigabyte Sniper Z5-S

16GB RAM

Gigabyte GTX 1080

I will! The moderators will flag the report as REPORTED, once it has been confirmed by the ED dev team.

Also would like to say the great idea and script you made on the EWR :-)

[/TABLE]

• 4 weeks later...

I really really hope that version 1.5.3 will fix this issue. Anybody aware of a work around? The MOOSE scripting framework is heavily relying on the Client existence detection using :isExist()...

[/TABLE]

There was a release scheduled for this weekend but it had some compiling issues and is now planned for next week. Lets hope they fixed a couple of the scripting issues. I also have a script that won't work in MP, luckily it's not an important script.

-

If man were meant to fly he'd be filled with helium.

Well, nothing is really important, as DCS is a game in the end. But ED is for sure aware that people have patience, just for how long... I hope it is not going to take them another 6 months to get these fixes in.

[/TABLE]

• 4 weeks later...

DCS version 1.5.3 Update 1 does not fix this issue neither.

Just a small additional comment: there is no birth event fired of the unit in the simulator, when a player joins a client or slot.

[/TABLE]

• 7 months later...
  • 1 year later...

BUG 1 - Client groups with more than one client not accessible in multiplayer.

BUG 1: Client groups not accessible in multiplayer for groups containing more than one client.

Description: Group lua functions of remote Client (groups) are not working. They return "group does not exist".

Consequence: <URGENT> This bug is preventing missions to be designed using scripting where groups have more than one client to fly co-op missions.

References of posts on the forum:

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.ph...ght=client+bug

Done this for a dedicated bug report on this on the forums.

[/TABLE]

• ED Team

Hi Sven

as mentioned in the title of the other thread this is reported

this has been requested to ED but it is not so much a bug, it has never been this way so would be a new feature. Currently low priority.

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2