FM RADIO?

rogonaut

hi guys,

it seems to me that the fm radio is not working atm? i tried to setup a FAC but he is not responding at all, works fine with am radio.

will the radio selector switch be implemented? would be damn sweet.

cheers

Do you have the mission file so we can look at it and make sure the FAC was set up correctly? FM radio should be working fie. Although avoid some of the radio stations in Vegas...they play too much metal.

Coder - Oculus Rift Guy - Court Jester

Receiving works for all radios, but it seems, transmitting only works for FM. At least when not using Easy Coms (not tested, though).

I already wondered in one other thread how to choose the radio to be used for sending, but you - or was it Pat - said, it would be done automatically. But how can that work, without Easy Comms enabled? You get only the Comms menu in DCS of one radio - there are no menu entries for the units that listen on the other radios. This can be illustrated quite well when enabeling Radio Assists (i.e. showing the choosen radio on top of the comms menu).

• 5 weeks later...

Bump

Are the FM radio PR4G and the UHF radio modeled right now? I'm using DCS 1.5.3.53279 open beta and the only radio in the gazelle that is working for me right now is the VHF AM radio.

I tried to contact ATC at Sochi-Adler and could only get a respond by using the VHF AM radio(127.00), i set the frequencies for Sochi into the PR4G FM radio(mission editor channel 1 - 39.6) and the UHF radio by typing in the frequency (256.000)by the numeric pad + the validation key but never got a response by ATC.

Edit: I was crosschecking the 39.6 frequency in the MI-8 and it wasn't working there too. So i guess there is a general problem in the sim or by myself setting up the channel with the frequency? Whereas the other radios in the MI-8 work with dialed in frequency (R-863 and YaDRO-1A) or selected channel.

Edited by unknown

Modules: KA-50, A-10C, FC3, UH-1H, MI-8MTV2, CA, MIG-21bis, FW-190D9, Bf-109K4, F-86F, MIG-15bis, M-2000C, SA342 Gazelle, AJS-37 Viggen, F/A-18C, F-14, C-101, FW-190A8, F-16C, F-5E, JF-17, SC, Mi-24P Hind, AH-64D Apache, Mirage F1, F-4E Phantom II

System: Win 11 Pro 64bit, Ryzen 3800X, 32gb RAM DDR4-3200, PowerColor Radeon RX 6900XT Red Devil ,1 x Samsung SSD 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe, 2 x Samsung SSD 2TB + 1TB SATA, MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals - VIRPIL T-50CM and VIRPIL MongoosT-50 Throttle - HP Reverg G2, using only the latest Open Beta, DCS settings

@unknown:

Sometimes missions get corrupted regarding radio comms.

Try a brand new test-mission in the mission editor.

Thats what i've done. I started the ME and placed the Gazelle on several airports trying to contact ATC, only the VHF AM radio is working for me in 1.5.3 open beta right now.

Modules: KA-50, A-10C, FC3, UH-1H, MI-8MTV2, CA, MIG-21bis, FW-190D9, Bf-109K4, F-86F, MIG-15bis, M-2000C, SA342 Gazelle, AJS-37 Viggen, F/A-18C, F-14, C-101, FW-190A8, F-16C, F-5E, JF-17, SC, Mi-24P Hind, AH-64D Apache, Mirage F1, F-4E Phantom II

System: Win 11 Pro 64bit, Ryzen 3800X, 32gb RAM DDR4-3200, PowerColor Radeon RX 6900XT Red Devil ,1 x Samsung SSD 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe, 2 x Samsung SSD 2TB + 1TB SATA, MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals - VIRPIL T-50CM and VIRPIL MongoosT-50 Throttle - HP Reverg G2, using only the latest Open Beta, DCS settings

Has anyone tried it with easy comms enabled?

Without that, how is it supposed to function anyways - as we have no radio selector or separate PTT buttons (yet?).

I switched easy comms on yesterday and tried it again with all three radios, no luck with the PR4G radio or the UHF radio, only the VHF AM radio is working. I turned off easy comms again. Today i tried to receive a mp3 music file(converted to ogg) and i had no problems receiving it with the PR4G radio and the UHF radio. So as stated earlier in this thread receiving transmissions on all three radios is ok but transmitting only works on the VHF AM radio.

This problem could really be related to the not implemented/simulated "Team relay device".

@Polychop-Simulations

Will this feature be implemented in the future of the module or are you going to simulate only the VHF AM radio? I'm asking because the manual says "The team relay device is not simulated."