Firebee gunnery target

Gierasimov

When the new NTTR campaign availability was announced I asked if it will be possible to simulate attack with blue vs. blue scenarios. Answer was no.

I wish there were at least Firebee targets available so that it is more authentic.

Shooting down F's, even agressor side, looks silly. Shooting down reds looks so unreal over Nevada...

• Like 1

Intel i7-13700KF :: ROG STRIX Z790-A GAMING WIFI D4 :: Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB ::  MSI RTX 4080  Gaming X Trio  :: VKB Gunfighter MK.III MCG Ultimate :: VPC MongoosT-50 CM3 :: non-VR :: single player :: open beta

+1 for the firebee.

For those that don't know, firebees are basically cruise missiles with advanced piloting functions and bigger wings. They were (are?) Used as targets for early missiles.

DCS modules are built up to a spec, not down to a schedule.

In order to utilize a system to your advantage, you must know how it works.

Firebee development

+1 for the firebee.

They were (are?) Used as targets for early missiles.

Although the concept originated shortly after WWII with some early Firebees flying in the '50s they are still in use today - equipped with latest electronics that allow for better control and flight recording...

What is nice about these dummy targets is that these are not dummies at all, in a sense they can pretend to be real thing in terms of radar signature ...

Intel i7-13700KF :: ROG STRIX Z790-A GAMING WIFI D4 :: Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB ::  MSI RTX 4080  Gaming X Trio  :: VKB Gunfighter MK.III MCG Ultimate :: VPC MongoosT-50 CM3 :: non-VR :: single player :: open beta