INS Alignment.

Zomba

After the 1.5.6 patch I'm having trouble with the alignment as it appears to align -100deg from where it should be. Say, lining up with Batumi airfield at 305deg it will read 206deg. It makes no difference what class of alignment is done.

Am I doing something wrong? I've got quite a few hours in the Mirage and don't usuelly have trouble with it, but may have missed something in the update.

I don't test for bugs, but when I do I do it in production.

I just notice the same thing while flying in the Sierra Hotel server. But even the back up compass is off.

To whom it may concern,

I am an idiot, unfortunately for the world, I have a internet connection and a fondness for beer....apologies for that.

Thank you for you patience.

Many people don't want the truth, they want constant reassurance that whatever misconception/fallacies they believe in are true..

Fiddling with it a bit and I found that setting the HSI to Cv NAV will give you true values, but any other (NAV,TAC) will give you incorrect readings. Maybe one is true heading and the others are magnetic? I'm not sure what the drift is in that region of the world.

I don't test for bugs, but when I do I do it in production.

Same

To whom it may concern,

I am an idiot, unfortunately for the world, I have a internet connection and a fondness for beer....apologies for that.

Thank you for you patience.

Many people don't want the truth, they want constant reassurance that whatever misconception/fallacies they believe in are true..

POSSIBLE FIX

Had the same issue with 1.5.6 after updating Open Beta.

The FIX for me: disable all MODS and run a repair, then enable MODS.

Done. Normal magnetic variation, no erratic 100+ degrees off.

Simple and easy way to manage the MODS is via JSGME

Edited by docWilly

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]my rig specs: i7-4790K CPU 4.50GHz, 32GB RAM, 64bit WIN10, NVidia GeForce GTX 980 Ti, SSD+

A10C, UH-1H, M2C, F5E, Gazelle, KA 50, F18C, DCS 2.5x OB

I have the problem as well, also magnetic compass is off so looks like a problem with magnetic variation. Tried a repair but that did not help.

One other question, do more people have severe stutters in 1.5.6 (several seconds)? For example just when looking around the cockpit.

Same problem here (and also the stuttering/freezes), so I'm switching back to version 1.5.5.

Is it possible to manually change the magnetic variation in the INS in such a way, that the shown heading is correct again?

I7 6700K, Asus Z170 Pro Gaming, EVGA GTX1080Ti SC, 32GB DDR4 @ 3000, Win10 64, BenQ EW3270ZL 2560x1440, VPC WarBRD Base + TM Warthog Grip, TM Warthog Throttle, MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals, Oculus Rift S

Yes, it should be fixed. Flew mission 5 of the campaign today and headings were fine.:thumbup:

I7 6700K, Asus Z170 Pro Gaming, EVGA GTX1080Ti SC, 32GB DDR4 @ 3000, Win10 64, BenQ EW3270ZL 2560x1440, VPC WarBRD Base + TM Warthog Grip, TM Warthog Throttle, MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals, Oculus Rift S

I'm still getting the compass misalignment problem in the Mirage Campaign. Free Flight Quick Start Mission works right, but multiple Campaign missions have significant compass errors. Changing to Cv adjusts a little for magnetic offset, but still off by about 100 degrees. Currently using openbeta 1.5.6.1648.240. Tried a /repair but no improvement. Any ideas? thanks!

First time I updated to version 1.5.6, I accidentally didn`t deactivate Starways ground textures and had the problem with the compass misalignment. Then I switched back to version 1.5.5 and problems were gone.

After the latest patch I updated again to 1.5.6, but this time deactivated all mods. So far no problems in the campaign, played 3 missions with newest Beta.

Maybe the problem is related to mods in use.