DCS: SA342 Gazelle - autohover keeps disconnecting

C_W_S

Dear community!

I'm quite new to the forum and have been DCSing for about a year, having started with FC3 and now getting my teeth into both the Viggen and the Gazelle.

I'm a complete duffer at helicopters, at the moment I feel that they don't really fly in real life and it's all black magic and optical illusions :smilewink:

However, I refuse to give up and am trying my best to learn :book::smartass:

Something that puzzles me is that in the Weapons training mission, my bird keeps snapping out of autohover, and I am as yet chanceless to get back into it! My question is, why does autohover keep disconnecting?? Has anyone else experienced this?

Best regards all

Something that puzzles me is that in the Weapons training mission, my bird keeps snapping out of autohover, and I am as yet chanceless to get back into it! My question is, why does autohover keep disconnecting?? Has anyone else experienced this?

IIRC some have had issues when the Fuel Flow Lever has been mapped to an axis (if moved from full - Auto Hover will disconnect).

bugjpg_sahrwap.jpg

The work around is to add a dead zone (Saturation X=95%, DeadZone=5%) at the end of the axis curve or disable the assignment.

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=2879312&postcount=33

• Like 1

i9 9900K @4.7GHz, 64GB DDR4, RTX4070 12GB, 1+2TB NVMe, 6+4TB HD, 4+1TB SSD, Winwing Orion 2 F-15EX Throttle + F-16EX Stick, TPR Pedals, TIR5, Win 10 Pro x64, 1920X1080

IIRC some have had issues when the Fuel Flow Lever has been mapped to an axis (if moved from full - Auto Hover will disconnect).

The work around is to add a dead zone (Saturation X=95%, DeadZone=5%) at the end of the axis curve or disable the assignment.

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=2879312&postcount=33

Ramsay, many thanks! I have a Saitek X-55, so I'd mapped the fuel flow lever to one of the throttle sticks. I tried to tune the axes with the dead zones at the end of travel, but that didn't actually help. Then I tried removing the axis altogether - which DID work! And I've subsequently realised it's far more comfortable using the throttles as one for the collective, rather than having it split.

THank you very much for taking your time to comment!

I'm guessing that it is over-torquing trying to maintain the hover. The "auto-hover" will disengage rather than blow out the engine to maintain the hover. If that "alarme" is flashing or the torque warning is flashing -- that's one clue.

Thank you for replying! It was to do with the hardware, see my answer to Ramsay below.