Feature request : Object outlines

TheSkipjack95

I believe this is a long time request since FC3 (or maybe even Lock On). Probably in works, hopefully. It helps a lot. Someone made a (quite complicated) hack in the sense that you had to have like 2 sessions opened so that you can see in real time how the objects look on the terrain but not on the map.

[sIGPIC]OK[/sIGPIC]

Primarily right now it is for placing static objects on ships.

On the static object menu there is a new option for "link unit" and "offset fixation".

Link unit is simply a list of ships in the mission.

Offset fixation allows you to move the object away from the center of the ship. It will maintain that position relative to the position and orientation of the ship. I can only assume and hope that it will come with further options for applicable aircraft to have wings folded and what not for storage purposes. Right now they are still static.

I've attached screenshots and a mission sample.

Screen_180524_010807.thumb.jpg.59e25b66ea9fc67d16e5aa5b5a63b5c4.jpg

Screen_180524_010927.thumb.jpg.312b93e6d154680237c8ff6674f5fb54.jpg

statics_on_ships.miz

The right man in the wrong place makes all the difference in the world.

Current Projects:  Grayflag ServerScripting Wiki

Useful Links: Mission Scripting Tools MIST-(GitHub) MIST-(Thread)

SLMOD, Wiki wishlist, Mission Editing Wiki!, Mission Building Forum

• 2 weeks later...

Would be nice if Link Unit could be anything. Or at least some object besides ships. So we could be reusable bases & HQs. And be able to move & rotate them with the Link Unit where we want.

I just tried the new Static Template, and it is not really what I would call a template. Where ever you build the template, then it is always loaded in the same location. All objects are not linked, so you cannot move or rotate it. Not very reusable as a template should be.

Intel I9-10850K (OC @ 5.0ghz) │ Asus Maximus XII Hero │ G.Skill Ripjaws 64GB (4x16GB) DDR4 3200 │ Thermaltake Water 360mm
Gigabyte RTX 4090 Gaming OC 24gb │ 2TB M.2 EVO Pro; 1T M.2 EVO; Sandisk SSD Drives │ 49" Samsung Curved Widescreen │ 28" Touchscreen

- ҉ - Blackshark Cockpit Trainer - ҉ -    Thread   | Download

I don't think is really needed. Sure, it would be nice to move the linked object and everything moving with it but how many times you will do that when building a mission? I just make sure the main object is in the place I really want and then play with the abjects aroun or on it. My understanding is that this is mainly for moving objects. Now with the outlines of the objects present you can arrange units on, say, an oil platform (it was possible even before but you did not know where they will be placed until you started the mission). What I would like is to have various statics, not only planes and helos, on the ship deck. I, for one, I am really happy with this.

[sIGPIC]OK[/sIGPIC]

Yes it would be nice to have an object outline instead of a box for all objects also a way to draw a loop around multiple objects and be able to copy them as a group and t be able to move them as a group

BlackeyCole 20years usaf

XP-11. Dcs 2.5OB

Acer predator laptop/ i7 7720, 2.4ghz, 32 gb ddr4 ram, 500gb ssd,1tb hdd,nvidia 1080 8gb vram

New FlightSim Blog at https://blackeysblog.wordpress.com. Go visit it and leave me feedback and or comments so I can make it better. A new post every Friday.