Stennis Light's on option

Doum76

I know tihs might have been spoked of quite a bit, but i was wondering if it would be complicated, to add in the ME an option in the Stennis pages, where we got payloads, waypoints etc.. for aircraft, to add an option to keep lights on with a checkbox, pretty much like where the Hardpoints option is for the Huey or the IR Shield

As much as stupid as it sounds, in VR the lights does makes a huge difference to spot the carrier's runway on dusk or dawn day time when turning in for the Groove, which are the 2 time of day that really shine in DCS with all the lightning effects.

Specialy for people not running on max graphics setup, and got to admit, it's a bit annoying to always have to call the tower when doing Patterns practice to keep them up on all the time, and quite a few times, i got to recall it twice cuz it seems once in a while the ATC doesn't wanna talk to me :P, i know in RL it's not always on, but whe're not in RL and sometimes suff are hard to see on a 2D Screen or in VR.

+1

When doing carrier patterns the Hornet is already a handful when trimming for on-speed AoA while simultaneously descending to and maintaining 600 feet, while also simultaneously monitoring your position relative to the ship so you can time your 180 turn correctly. Having to hit the radio key and cycle through the F keys to get the carrier to turn it's lights on requires a third hand.

+1

When doing carrier patterns the Hornet is already a handful when trimming for on-speed AoA while simultaneously descending to and maintaining 600 feet, while also simultaneously monitoring your position relative to the ship so you can time your 180 turn correctly. Having to hit the radio key and cycle through the F keys to get the carrier to turn it's lights on requires a third hand.

+1

Totaly agree, that's why i ended up getting a trick, when i do full pattern practice sessions i ended up setting on the ATC as i turn and climb to free my left hand to contact tower..... need to say all this done blindly by the feeling of the keyboard as i am blind.... nah kidding, i'm in VR so all the access to menus are annoying, all this to get lights on.