[FIXED] Substantial FPS drop when using SA Page

Guppy

I’ve only noticed this in multiplayer, but I see a substantial FPS drop when I switch to the SA page. Below is a YouTube video of me switching back and forth.

TRACK: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1DUXo7dwVA-x6k2NfkrqnnWNMIsQQp5am/view?usp=sharing

2080Ti

32GB

multiplayer; 104th server is where this was captured from. I have not been able to replicate this in single player. I had my simpit turned off to verify it happens without all of the exported sensors and other things running. It does.

Let me know if I should provide additional information.

*ADDED TRACK FILE*

Edited by Guppy
added track file

I also see a large drop in FPS when using the SA page not only in MP but also in SP - it seems to depend on the amount of units to render.

Track and example mission with lots of SAMs attached.

"[...] because, basically, in this day and age, if you get to the merge and no one's died - it's not good for anybody." - Keith 'Okie' Nance
"Nun siegt mal schön!" - Theodor Heuss, September 1958

"Nobody has any intention of building a wall." - Walter Ulbricht, June 1961
"Russia has no plans to invade either Ukraine or any other country.
" - Vladimir Chizhov, Russia's ambassador to the EU, January 2022

This FPS Drop© could be made by:

WAGS post here:

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3824342&postcount=141

No that's referring to the TDC cursor that it should populate on top of any other image on the SA page. There were symbols that would populate over it, making it hard to read which is not correct behavior.

It's gotten way better for me with the fps, thank you ED! Now I'm seeing the spikes someone else reported...

"[...] because, basically, in this day and age, if you get to the merge and no one's died - it's not good for anybody." - Keith 'Okie' Nance
"Nun siegt mal schön!" - Theodor Heuss, September 1958

"Nobody has any intention of building a wall." - Walter Ulbricht, June 1961
"Russia has no plans to invade either Ukraine or any other country.
" - Vladimir Chizhov, Russia's ambassador to the EU, January 2022

The fix went from about a 30+ FPS lost when opening the SA page to about 10 FPS lost. At least on my test mission with an absurd number of sams in a relatively small area. If anyone has worse results please say so.

The right man in the wrong place makes all the difference in the world.

Current Projects:  Grayflag ServerScripting Wiki

Useful Links: Mission Scripting Tools MIST-(GitHub) MIST-(Thread)

SLMOD, Wiki wishlist, Mission Editing Wiki!, Mission Building Forum

The patch certainly had a big affect much more playable. Though I seem to suffer from more of a stutter now when viewing at a large 160+ with many sam units in view. Tested on Blueflag PG server

Intel i7 6700 3.4Ghz , 32gig ripjaw ram , Asus Strix RX480 OC 8gb , Samsung 850 Pro SSD, Asus ROG VIII Ranger Z170 Motherboard.