[REPORTED] ACM RDR tracking speed

Kappa

Hello, I was wondering if the tracking speed of Bore, 20x30 and Vertical scan are modeled correctly.

I mean, it takes al loooooooot of time to lock a target and sometimes it so slow that I just give up and fire without a lock leavig all the hard work to the missle seeker...

Is really that slow IRL or it is WIP?

Edited by Kappa

--

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

36° Stormo Virtuale - Italian Virtual Flight Community

www.36stormovirtuale.net

Beware the know bug of ACM radar not centered, if you change radar elevator before switch to ACM.

So you can’t lock target because radar is pointing out of place.

You can check by look at radar caret (moving “T” symbol) if it centered or not.

Workaroud for now is, return radar elevator to center before switch to ACM.

Edited by Alfas

Hi Kappa,

It is covering a rather large area. For snag a lock faster, try bore or vert.

Thanks

Hi Wags,

thanks for your reply, it is very nice to see you ED guys taking care of us on the forum, very nice.

Maybe I wasn't clear enought in my previous message, unfortunately my english is rough and rusty.

I am talking about all ACM modes, so bore and vertical are very slow too.

It may be releted to the bug mentioned by Alfas (Thank you Alfas), I wans't aware of it.

I will try to pay attention to my radar elevation and if I find out something more I'll let you know.

Thanks

Edited by Kappa

--

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

36° Stormo Virtuale - Italian Virtual Flight Community

www.36stormovirtuale.net

Within ten miles ACM mode should lock up Mother Theresa instantly. That NEVER happens. Later when I get on my computer I’ll post SS after SS with a bandit right in front of me, in bore sight, 20x30 or 10x60 with the gun cross below the bandit and no lock. Anytime you switch to ACM mode (dog fight) except for 10x60 the radar should go to center. That’s what the DF master mode is for.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Intel i9 9900K @ 5.1Ghz HT Disabled, Asus RoG Strix z390E Gaming, 64GB G.Skill Trident Z 3200, Asus RoG Strix RTX2080Ti OC @ 1.9Ghz, 1TB Samsung Evo 970Pro M.2 TM Warthog, CH Pro Pedals, Saitek Pro Rudder Pedals, Samsung 49" Curved Gaming Monitor, Samsung 50" 4KUHD TV, Acer 27" Touch Panel, CV1, Pimax 5K+, Valve Index, FSSB3 Lighting, F-16SGRH, 3 TM Cougar's and a Saitek X36 that I can't bring myself to part with.

Radar beam is 4.6x3.3 degree oval and the antenna moves at something like 90 deg/sec. 10x60 is probably 4-5 bars of 60-65 degrees each which would take about 2.5-3.5 seconds each frame. I think I've heard that real F-16 pilots that typical ACM acquire is a little more than a second.

That sounds right. The issue I have is when in bore, pointing directly at the target, inside 10 miles and unloaded, it simply will not lock. It only locks correctly inside about 2.5 miles.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Intel i9 9900K @ 5.1Ghz HT Disabled, Asus RoG Strix z390E Gaming, 64GB G.Skill Trident Z 3200, Asus RoG Strix RTX2080Ti OC @ 1.9Ghz, 1TB Samsung Evo 970Pro M.2 TM Warthog, CH Pro Pedals, Saitek Pro Rudder Pedals, Samsung 49" Curved Gaming Monitor, Samsung 50" 4KUHD TV, Acer 27" Touch Panel, CV1, Pimax 5K+, Valve Index, FSSB3 Lighting, F-16SGRH, 3 TM Cougar's and a Saitek X36 that I can't bring myself to part with.

• ED Team
Hi Wags,

thanks for your reply, it is very nice to see you ED guys taking care of us on the forum, very nice.

Maybe I wasn't clear enought in my previous message, unfortunately my english is rough and rusty.

I am talking about all ACM modes, so bore and vertical are very slow too.

It may be releted to the bug mentioned by Alfas (Thank you Alfas), I wans't aware of it.

I will try to pay attention to my radar elevation and if I find out something more I'll let you know.

Thanks

Please provide some track files and we'll be happy to take a look.

Thanks

Same issue, attached is a track from the AIM9X instant action mission. Watch the full track. Sometimes it is fast sometimes very slow or even not locking at all. Very dependent on distance, more than 5 miles it doesn't lock or it takes a while. Aspect also affects it.

Not sure if it is correct or not and we are spoiled by FC3.

ACM.trk

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]