[ALREADY REPORTED]2.5.6 OBJECTS VISIBILITY

med-taha

Hi,

After updating to 2.5.6, when I place a vehicle or a structure 4000Ft away from my view, I can no longer see them. they just disappear.

NB: Visibility Range is set to EXTREME.

in 2.5.5 I could see them from 25000 ft

Edited by med-taha

Yes, ground units disappear totally even though the distance is small. i.e Set an fuel-track AT-10, look at it in F-7 view & zoom out, it will vanish after a small distance out.

EDIT: Apparently only some ground units vanish other don't.

Edited by CoBlue

i7 8700k@4.7, 1080ti, DDR4 32GB, 2x SSD , HD 2TB, W10, ASUS 27", TrackIr5, TMWH, X-56, GProR.

Same thing here. Building a mission with factories and warehouses as the primary, and can't see them until I'm right on top of them. When I don't hit the ground I wind up getting tagged by a MANPAD!

Steam version, so I don't have the updater. But I've run the "Verify Integrity of Game Files" check a few times to fix issues with VAICOM, and the draw distance has not changed.

View distance set to Extreme. Playing in VR, but distances still short when running on the desktop.

ColdFront_WI

Home-built Hornet pit, detailed plans available on GitHub

Virpil WarBRD base, TM Hornet/Warthog grip, TM Warthog Throttle, Logitech G Pro rudder pedals

MSI MPG Z390M, i9-9900k @ 5.0GHz with Noctua NH-D15, RTX 2080ti FE, 32GB DDR4 @ 3200MHz, 1TB NVMe M.2 SSD, HP Reverb

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I figured out a fix that seems to work for me. Have only checked this using an external view, but will take a flight later to ensure it works from the cockpit and that it doesn't kill frame rates (Steam, HP Reverb).

Changed a couple of lines in ~\<DCS>\Config\graphics.lua:

1. Increased Camera --> Extreme --> lodMult from 1.0 to 100.0. Initially changed it to 10 and it got better, 100 was better still.
  2. For good measure, I also made the same change to CameraMirrors --> Extreme --> lodMult.
  3. Increased Terrain --> distancFactor --> Extreme from 1.5 to 2.4 based on an earlier post. This was the first change I made and did not seem to improve matters, but I didn't bother to put it back.

Note that I have my "Visibility Distance" set to Extreme...if you use a different setting, I think you'll need to change the relevant sections in the graphics.lua (e.g. Camera --> <your_distance_setting> --> lodMult.

Good luck, everybody...

ColdFront_WI

Virpil WarBRD base, TM Hornet/Warthog grip, TM Warthog Throttle, Logitech G Pro rudder pedals

MSI MPG Z390M, i9-9900k @ 5.0GHz with Noctua NH-D15, RTX 2080ti FE, 32GB DDR4 @ 3200MHz, 1TB NVMe M.2 SSD, HP Reverb

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Changed a couple of lines in ~\<DCS>\Config\graphics.lua:

1. Increased Camera --> Extreme --> lodMult from 1.0 to 100.0. Initially changed it to 10 and it got better, 100 was better still.
  2. For good measure, I also made the same change to CameraMirrors --> Extreme --> lodMult.
  3. Increased Terrain --> distancFactor --> Extreme from 1.5 to 2.4 based on an earlier post. This was the first change I made and did not seem to improve matters, but I didn't bother to put it back.

Just flew with the changes above and it worked fine. Factories / warehouses that appeared at less than half a mile before are now visible at the extent if my visual range. Haven't tried with a targeting pod, yet.

Attaching my version of graphics.lua for reference...

graphics.lua

ColdFront_WI

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]