F-16C Pilot 3D Model / Canopy Colour Update Needed

STNGersk

Good Morning to ED Team,

I have already made this query on the forum at DC 2.5 section in wishlist's requests in regards the 3D model for the Pilots for F-16C and FA-18, but once more would like to bring this up here only dedicated to the F-16C, as I have spent all day yesterday testing and doing some modifications to the pilots visor transparency and adding that glow colour along with fixing the canopy colour and trying to achieve that same results as in the Hornet as Hornets canopy is just beautifully made the colours and glow is amazing! Wish F-16C had same treatment and possibility to have different colours of canopy's just as in real F-16's. Now back to F-16C pilot why we cannot have same treat for pilots for both Hornet and F-16 as per below some other in game 3rd parties already have got their pilots updated and they now

Some pics of current pilots 3D models in DCS and compare to F-16/Hornet pilot.

F/A-18 /F-16C - Pilot must be better than this ED pls you can make it! We know that! The F16C pilot is the same pilot currently in F18.

lIIrsHj.jpg

bv08L9d.jpg

F-15C Pilot - My question how the F15C pilot get the oxygen mask as modern as that and F-18 pilot is using the old gen mask with modern Helmet, something is off here at least rework the pilot new 3D model along with a corrected helmet and nice modern oxygen mask as on F15C 1

uEhTX7F.jpg

not bad for the old 3D model pilot is properly strapped into an ejection seat.

kYfC8Cu.jpg

Now Heatblur F14B pilot artwork, the helmet wires all in place the pilots even got a wristwatch, great work here.

kRfN1Xx.jpg

H2pkRzY.jpg

Some Pilot compares of AV-8B Harrier and Mirage 2000.

w4BJfDy.jpg

5FhIUYU.jpg

Now some real-life pilot suits and variations F-16/F18, and canopy current USAF F-16C colours.

defense-large.JPG

some top view of Helmet mounted JHMCS system Helmet and see below other related flight gear and helmets along with oxygen masks.

sM5mA11.jpg

72wxerr.jpg

Pilots Helmet transparency in DCS is so dark and wrong see below how it should be.

w6qjy2B.jpg

Oldk4wL.jpg

OjhV60T.jpg

es0k4EN.jpg

FAP Pilot F16MLU -TOP

AnQwd0i.png

F18 Pilot looks not same as we currently have in DCS :cry:

7oaTN76.jpg

So leave your comments your thoughts on this case and more we raise this up more we can achieve as a community as all of us here enjoy our best SIM!!

Hope ED can advise something on this matter :thumbup:

This post is purely my opinion and I'm not here to offend no one, and I want as much as you see this SIM project at the top of the world!

• Like 1

GIVE US!

Obvious F-16 C/D/A and B (MLU ver.)

The Tornado F3/ GR4

The EuroFighter Typhoon

Intel Core I7 6850K 6/12 core OC@4.3Ghz /Gigabyte X99 Wifi/ Corsair DDR4 3400Mhz 32Gb VENGENCE LED/ PSU Corsair RM 850 Fully Modular 80+Gold/ MSI GamingX GTX1080OC/ SSD M.2 500GB Samsung Evo970 and 1TB FireCuda SSHD HYBRID/ 24'5inch AOC75Hz Gsync Monitor 1ms/ Win10Pro 64Bit/ Cooling 4 LED 120mm Fans, CPU Cooling Corsair H80i V2. Flight equip. HOTAS COUGAR F-16 modded.:joystick:

+1

i9-11900K, alle Kerne 5100 MHz  –  Asus ROG Maximus XIII Extreme – 64 GB DDR4 3733 MHz Cl17 – NVIDIA Rtx Asus Strix Oc 2080 super (4090 später 🕹️) – Hotas Warthog mit Drossel – Vpc Mongoos T50CM2 & Vpc 200 mm Verlängerung – Vpc ACE Sammlung Pedale -Trackir5

we have this topic all over again and iam on your side. I feel the same. But I think this is not high on there priority list.

+1 the pilot model needs a complete rework as it is just a copy paste from the Hornet and doesn't have the right size or "feel".

+1

Thanks Guys for support!

Yes I understand that they are currently working hard on the updates, but I do believe they have team resources that can also focus on the updates such as 3D pilots models to be in pair with the quality of F-16C and F/A-18, same time they can update the F-16C canopy colours and variants and not to forget the skins :thumbup:

Cheers guys for support and your comments

GIVE US!

The Tornado F3/ GR4

The EuroFighter Typhoon

Intel Core I7 6850K 6/12 core OC@4.3Ghz /Gigabyte X99 Wifi/ Corsair DDR4 3400Mhz 32Gb VENGENCE LED/ PSU Corsair RM 850 Fully Modular 80+Gold/ MSI GamingX GTX1080OC/ SSD M.2 500GB Samsung Evo970 and 1TB FireCuda SSHD HYBRID/ 24'5inch AOC75Hz Gsync Monitor 1ms/ Win10Pro 64Bit/ Cooling 4 LED 120mm Fans, CPU Cooling Corsair H80i V2. Flight equip. HOTAS COUGAR F-16 modded.:joystick:

Hey Guys,

Please see below my reworked Landing gear textures for rear rims now they have red marking and writings that I have taken from my 8K photo of F-16C at BA5 Monte Real, also I have reworked the pilots helmets glass transparency and added to it some glow with few colours and helmets colour also changed according to current FAP Pilots helmets, and I have reworked the glass canopy colour and made it slight look-alike FA-18 using original textures from viper.

Landing gear HD textures with red pinting on rim

In game text 4k

Wrwdgym.png

Real Life

1527358190.jpg

190219-F-DB163-1031.JPG

Canopy Fixed Colour text

FlFNYoM.png

iST3Gln.png

mgMtq4k.png

Let me know what you think boys should we have something like this? If anyone needs the DDS let me know I wish that ED would see this and adopt my High Reso textures for Landing gear

:thumbup:

GIVE US!

The Tornado F3/ GR4

The EuroFighter Typhoon

STUNNING WORK! I would love to get a closer look ;)

it is possible to get this skin somewhere?

Hi Josh,

I was all afternoon working on more stuff like pilot wise and once come back from work will post more pics of my last USAF and Portuguese pilot reworks, fixed patches and ranks of pilots to look right, also trying to blend more colours in to pilots visor and will try to game up the textures of landing gear, I also want to up bit more the textures of engines fan blades and cone of the engine to match the real life looking, stay tuned! I have seen this F-16’s since age of 8 as I do live next to BA5 just on backs of it and know lots of members and staff of air base ;)

Stay tuned :thumbup:

GIVE US!

The Tornado F3/ GR4

The EuroFighter Typhoon

I don't care about pilot models that much, but I agree that they shouldn't be just copied and pasted between different modules.

Would also very much like to have a non-yellow canopy option. I spend a lot of time in the Viper, and after three or four hours of flying it starts to get annoying.

All in all, I don't think this should be ED's top priority. They have more than enough problems on their plate atm.

Dima | My DCS uploads

I don't care about pilot models that much, but I agree that they shouldn't be just copied and pasted between different modules.

Would also very much like to have a non-yellow canopy option. I spend a lot of time in the Viper, and after three or four hours of flying it starts to get annoying.

All in all, I don't think this should be ED's top priority. They have more than enough problems on their plate atm.

Well as partially agree with you, I have to say that pilot 3D model must be on pair with the aircraft 's model and just as anything else pretty much is accurate aircrafts wise they must look in to pilots model, and an quick example how they made wrong way the pilots US flag how come that possible? Same I would say the US patches that's one of big question I have as I have mention already on the post. I have made fixes on the pilots patches and the pilots rank patch, will post some photos once get back form work.

Agree on the canopy possibility of change as an option would be much appreciated and would love see different variants as shows on my pictures of in life F-16C's but they way it is at the moment stock canopy is not even golden glow is a yellow green dark canopy that looks just near anything like in real life F-16, and we community are forced to take this in our hands and try find best solution to be closer to real life thing, thanks boys and see you all later

Keep posting here and if you have photos of your workings on fixes and would like to share feel free show us all and to ED what we could have in our beautiful SIM :thumbup:

Edited by STNGersk

GIVE US!

The Tornado F3/ GR4

The EuroFighter Typhoon

Well as partially agree with you, I have to say that pilot 3D model must be on pair with the aircraft 's model and just as anything else pretty much is accurate aircrafts wise they must look in to pilots model, and an quick example how they made wrong way the pilots US flag how come that possible? Same I would say the US patches that's one of big question I have as I have mention already on the post. I have made fixes on the pilots patches and the pilots rank patch, will post some photos once get back form work.

Agree on the canopy possibility of change as an option would be much appreciated and would love see different variants as shows on my pictures of in life F-16C's but they way it is at the moment stock canopy is not even golden glow is a yellow green dark canopy that looks just near anything like in real life F-16, and we community are forced to take this in our hands and try find best solution to be closer to real life thing, thanks boys and see you all later

I bet ED will update pilot's model when the time comes - it's just a relatively minor issue compared to other things missing in the Viper.

Also, I think we will be able to properly change canopy's colour once they implement custom cockpits later in early access.

In other words, our best strategy right now is to simply wait.

By the way, I always thought that there's something wrong with Viper's wheels: they are too white and boring. I like your version a lot more! Is it possible to somehow combine it with other 3rd party liveries? lee1hy did a very good job updating the base Viper livery with the extra details. Maybe you guys could combine your forces?

Dima | My DCS uploads

I bet ED will update pilot's model when the time comes - it's just a relatively minor issue compared to other things missing in the Viper.

Also, I think we will be able to properly change canopy's colour once they implement custom cockpits later in early access.

In other words, our best strategy right now is to simply wait.

By the way, I always thought that there's something wrong with Viper's wheels: they are too white and boring. I like your version a lot more! Is it possible to somehow combine it with other 3rd party liveries? lee1hy did a very good job updating the base Viper livery with the extra details. Maybe you guys could combine your forces?

Hi Minsky,

Thanks for your headsup I will be posting updates today as quite busy at home doing some stuff and plus work leave me with not much time, but do you actually know how i can reach this person lee1hy ? if he have a profile here at forum so i can leave him email and get over to Discord so we can do some joint work also see my textures data base as I'm not only Flight sim guy I did in past lot more like ETS2 and I also do sounds but more in ETS2 and used to build sounds for FSX I still have airsofts F16 skins on their data base under nike name BanditOne :thumbup: and also at my youtube channel I have sounds mods reviews and my workings back in the days :joystick:

So stay tuned and will post some cool stuff about our DCS F-16

Links for my stuff:

https://forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?/files/file/1735-klu-j-021-313sqn-callsign-cylon-2-by-banditone/&tab=reviews&sort=newest#review-1338

https://forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?/files/file/1734-f-16-fs-098-180fw-real-v4-update-fix/&tab=reviews&sort=newest#review-1335

https://forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?/files/file/1715-f-16-bucaneros-156fg-and-update/&tab=reviews&sort=newest#review-1295

FAP Skins FSX

https://forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?/files/file/1737-realistic-f-16a-50-years-fap-sabre-esq-201-falcoes/&tab=reviews&sort=newest#review-1341

https://forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?/files/file/1738-301sq-fap-tiger-meet-nato-2011-15106/&tab=reviews&sort=newest#review-1343

My Youtube channel with sound example video for F-16 and my Photo at Monte Real BA5 next to our F-16 MLU ver from 201 squadron Falcons

Textures on Flickr Acc:

Textures HD COne

:thumbup:

Edited by STNGersk

GIVE US!

The Tornado F3/ GR4

The EuroFighter Typhoon

Hey Thanks Minsky for profile,

I would like to combine forces to make stunning skins for our Viper, I have huge data base for textures and files plus extensiveness experience in the field and sounds making I also have changed vipers sounds like idle the transaction of power states and the viper now purrs like beast with that F110 and the afterburner is more aggressive feels more specially with my subwoofer it shakes my windows at home hehe :lol:

Now see below reworked as closer I can the F-16 Pilot helmets colour the suit the patches and glow flair on the glass those are my works on the Viper atm, I'm slowly getting each day more updates done more closer I get to the authentic look of vipers, also wish that ED could look in to this and I know for fact that FA-18 Pilot as navy pilot have different gear than the USAF pilots as F-16C pilots even the strapping to the ejection seat is different, so I have changed the textures and now more tuns I believe the Vipers pilot will look much much better, I have changed the kneeboard that boring map over worn now is a map of airfield but i think i will just replace it with a check list of viper and this will give more default look and better than just random airfield approach map :)

Also dno why with the changed textures I have lost on viper the vapour G force effect only the two of them from the fuselage as rest of vapour effects are there, so trying to find out what might cause that and need help if anyone know hwy this happen :book:

B64ZIYy.jpg

See pics below:

v1IERfN.png

GzIQVUM.png

a1nW9VY.png

uMBOy97.jpg

TD0knIn.png

4DcXAEz.png

USAF Pilot:

ZSkc6PW.png

hLg8ElH.png

bH0sUDm.png

lloaTgI.png

Thanks and more to come :) I will keep posting some cool stuff as me and Viper is a love 4ever!

:beer:

GIVE US!

The Tornado F3/ GR4

The EuroFighter Typhoon

Funny, how the community always has to show ED how it's done. :thumbup: Nice job man.

Hey Airhunter,

Thanks for support and your comment appreciate a lot, now is sad indeed! That we have to pay full amount of tagged price for a “ready product/ WIP ” and based on what we believe this product will be in near future that vision and many of us having that picture in our heads of this iconic pice of tech perfect fighter just as it is in real life. But unfortunately is not the case atm with all our imputes of (community) yet we move slow and things like this small details actually make all difference for a bigger picture in future. I do believe in team work as more can be achieved now I haven’t seen any response or sign of ED even looking or reading this posts. Now as per above my photos you can clearly see a much better in overall the representation of this F-16, the look of pilot with in cockpit both the USAF and FAP brings things to life and look better for overall picture

I do believe we need this work to be done to set 3D of pilots on pair with aircraft’s (F-16, F/A-18) fingers crossed for ED’s announcement for new 3D reworked pilots to standards of 2020 :thumbup:

Edited by STNGersk

GIVE US!

The Tornado F3/ GR4

The EuroFighter Typhoon

Hey Guys!

Got more small updates on my reworked pilot for F-16C, just see yourself's I have adjusted colour of safe vest around pilots chest to match the F-16 pilots one, now also I have added a second kneeboard on pilots lege with flight plan for practice and changed the kneeboard with checklist of F16C :thumbup: now make it cooler and closer to real thing

SmHuQur.png

o9tNKIi.png

X58wsmc.png

2CE9U5C.png

ucqXIE6.png

FAP Pilot

2rS7izA.png

Xtzvkgi.png

bd9seek.jpg

jeHhtks.png

ahKx1Yd.png

cheers guys and will do small adjustment and can say finish!

GIVE US!

The Tornado F3/ GR4

The EuroFighter Typhoon

Many thanks for this job

It's a whole new pleasure to fly the F-16 with our colors

Muito Obrigado mesmo pelo esforço

Obrigada Camarada!!! Estamos aqui a trabalhar com forca toda para o nosso pais seja bem representatdo!

Quero Ver Portugal entre os paises Nato no Simulador, que de momento pesnso que faz muita falta!

I hope to see in very close future Portugal being represented in DCS as we make part of NATO and we make difference in the world's security we provide for several countries air protection the once that have no own air force! Salute to all our women and men Pilots in Portuguese Airforce and army!:thumbup:

Here my last reworks on Pilots suit now corrected pilots suit colors and life-saving gear color adjusted as per above real-life FAP pilot!

FAP PORTUGUESE F-16 MLU Pilot updated reworked helmet, visor, patches, the suits and flight gear along with tire textures lot's more like FAP skins got cockpit glass dif glow and added two kneeboards with F-16 startup checklist and flight demo performance, two variant pilots t-shirt for each skin. :thumbup:

jpAR3NX.png

1KWyq23.png

h1uA5Jv.png

aZbk6vL.png

Cprf09y.png

USAF F-16C reworked engine F110 Nozzles photo-realistic textures, tire/wheels rims photo-real textures, pilot reworked patches and colors of flight suit and flight gear along with helmet and helmets glass glow and added two kneeboards with F-16C startup checklist and flight demo performance.

6tKFug1.png

dDLXYXA.png

tTf1YSy.png

YlxkAoY.png

Edacp3G.png

leiKvRU.png

7BzB0wL.png

Thanks All and this is not only my textures this has a mix of work of other people like FAP skins originally made by user Mispunt find original skins link below, and other elements that I have combined to make ultra-realistic textures of F-16!

FAP original skins - https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/?CREATED_BY=Mispunt&set_filter=Y

Please I would need someone that has ability to get this all textures packed up and skins so they can be uploaded for share with community, all credits to be addressed to all people that have done/created original artwork that I have combined with my textures like pilot helmet, flight suit, F16 landing gear textures, and helmet glass.

GIVE US!

The Tornado F3/ GR4

The EuroFighter Typhoon

Please I would need someone that has ability to get this all textures packed up and skins so they can be uploaded for share with community, all credits to be addressed to all people that have done/created original artwork that I have combined with my textures like pilot helmet, flight suit, F16 landing gear textures, and helmet glass.

Try to use already used skins as guide how to pack up skins. When you want, you can send me your files and i will try to help you.

Flag is wrong way!

You really think so Skyracer? Wow, see below! Thanks

:book:

120607-F-JZ012-723.jpg

GIVE US!

The Tornado F3/ GR4

The EuroFighter Typhoon

You really think so Skyracer? Wow, see below! Thanks

:book:

120607-F-JZ012-723.jpg

Yes, stars on the flag should be in front. AMERICA FIRST!!!!

lIIrsHj.jpg

• Like 1

MY SYSTEM SPECS: Hardware Intel pentium 3 @ 800 MHz, 256 Mb RAM, Geforce 2 64Mb, Dell screen 1024x768 + Microsoft sidewhiner joystick + TrackIR 2 + TrackClitPro SOFTWARE: Microsoft Windows 98, Noice Attack & VIASAT PRO, SnackView