[REPORTED]MAV F Slaved to TPOD Don't Match If MAV F is close to Gimbal

hein22

I noticed that the MAV F when slaved to TPOD TGT works great (thanks for the update!) BUT at a certain point of the MAV F gimbal it stops working that great. Two tracks attached. Both tracks show how it works perfect at a head on aspect (mav looks correctly at where the tpod is) but then the MAV starts not pointing to the correct location when its gimbal is close to limit. I even show that the limit is not reached by undesignating TGT and moving MAV manually. I really hope this helps and as always I hope I'm not wrong as not to bother anyone. Thanks.

mav f and tpod dont match2.trk

mav f and tpod dont match.trk

Stay safe

• ED Team

Hi

I believe this is related to another issue we have reported for slew limit overflow.

Please wait for the next patch and see if it helps

thank you

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

• ED Team
Hello Bignewy. As you requested, I checked after today's update and the issue still persists. The second track ending in "match2" is the one that shows much better the behaviour reported. Thanks.

Sorry the fix did not make it into this patch and is still under review.

thanks

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

Hey no worries of course, wasn't complaining rather than letting you all know this was still in since I felt you maybe intended to say that they were not sure if the fix in pipeline was indeed related to this one. :)

Stay safe

• 3 weeks later...
  • ED Team

It seems it was not related, but I have reported the problem to the team.

thanks

• 4 weeks later...

Ran into this tonight while trying to qual myself on mavs. Did eventually discover like others that flying *straight* at the target before uncaging the seeker works 80% of the time (the other 20% could easily have just been me becoming task saturated and doing something else wrong :/)

HOWEVER: I also discovered that a lot of times the tpod would clearly have a solid, zoomed in ptrk on a target right there in the DDI and yet my TGT diamond would be drawn in the hud a few hundred yards away. Of course, the TGT point was where the mavs wanted to look, not where the actual camera was placed....

• ED Team

Sorry all, I thought this had been resolved.

I have checked and a report has been made, as soon as I have news I will let you know.

thanks

• 2 weeks later...

The issue seems to be that the MAVF is locking the first suitable object that it sees while it slews the seeker to the designated target after uncageing.

So, at the extremes of the gimbal limits, the way it has to slew the seeker is long and chances are high that it encounters a random bush or hut that it then locks on to. If you point the borsighted MAVF as close as possible to the intended target, then only minimal slewing is necessary and thus a higher probability that it only sees the intended target and also locks on to it.

--> MAVF should only start to attempt a lock after the seeker head has reached its final position over the designated target.

(maybe all this is a side effect of not having "realistic TDC slew" enabled? Would the MAVF only attempt a a lock, if TDC-depress is released? And without "realistic TDC slew" the TDC is always in a "depress released"-state?)

edit: (no, "realistic TDC slew" has no effect on the MAVF behaviour in this case. just tested it - it still locks on at any random object along the way the seeker head is slewing to the intended tgt)

Edited by Flagrum

The issue seems to be that the MAVF is locking the first suitable object that it sees while it slews the seeker to the designated target after uncageing.

So, at the extremes of the gimbal limits, the way it has to slew the seeker is long and chances are high that it encounters a random bush or hut that it then locks on to. If you point the borsighted MAVF as close as possible to the intended target, then only minimal slewing is necessary and thus a higher probability that it only sees the intended target and also locks on to it.

--> MAVF should only start to attempt a lock after the seeker head has reached its final position over the designated target.

(maybe all this is a side effect of not having "realistic TDC slew" enabled? Would the MAVF only attempt a a lock, if TDC-depress is released? And without "realistic TDC slew" the TDC is always in a "depress released"-state?)

edit: (no, "realistic TDC slew" has no effect on the MAVF behaviour in this case. just tested it - it still locks on at any random object along the way the seeker head is slewing to the intended tgt)

No, that bug was fixed months ago and it is still fixed. Here we have a miss match between TGP and MAV F LOS. So the seeker head does not reach its final destination, it wont lock on anything either.

Edited by hein22

Stay safe

No, that bug was fixed months ago and it is still fixed. Here we have a miss match between TGP and MAV F LOS. So the seeker head does not reach its final destination, it wont lock on anything either.

Hrm, I tested it just a few hours ago - while the MAVF slews to the designated target, it locks on random objects on it's way. So, that is at least not fixed (or broken again).

Visually it looks as if the MAVF seeker head / the reticle stops half way between bore-sight position and designated target position. Are you sure that this is not the problem this thread is about?

Hrm, I tested it just a few hours ago - while the MAVF slews to the designated target, it locks on random objects on it's way. So, that is at least not fixed (or broken again).

Visually it looks as if the MAVF seeker head / the reticle stops half way between bore-sight position and designated target position. Are you sure that this is not the problem this thread is about?

Ok, the bug you refer to appears to be broken again... But it's definitely not related to this one. This bug I created months ago was about the MAV F not matching the TGT point in 3D space.

Stay safe

So the bug you mentioned was fixed but got broken again, confirmed by BN.

Stay safe