Multi-Monitors in DCS? Easy

it's not necessary to use TH2G or softTH to use Multi-Monitors in DCS, even not to modify any .lua config file .Just changing some settings will work well. i use ATI Catalyst CCC 9.5 in following steps:

(in this case:

GC: ATI HD3850 512M with two DVI

Monitors: Samsung T220 22" wildscreen as main monitor

AOC 15" monitor as the second

the original resolution in DCS : 1680x1050

)

1. Connect your monitors on your graphics card, and launch CCC interface.

2. Click 'Displays Manager-Displays Properties', and right-click on the icon of your second monitor(as you see the second one will be shown as Desktop 2). change resolution to the same size as your Main Monitor(etc. 1680x1050 in this case, but i didn't adjust it on second one when i capture this screen:D) Click 'Stretch Desktop 1 horizontally onto monitor.

20090525_16d0c995f2159a9b19dc3L8JqsgcOL4S.jpg

click apply to save changes.

3. now on the bottom of screen, you will see that the task bar has been stretched over two monitors horizontall. it works!

4. Click the icon of 2nd monitor again, and click 'Swap displays->swap display order only'. this step will swap two desktops. if you don't want to modify .lua config files, or you still want to change any configurations in DCS, just do it.

20090525_a8586a0530dc05b09d8aFhgYLjGzT7Ez.jpg

now you will see the desktops have bee swaped and all icons have bee 'moved':D.

5. lauch DCS. Click Options, and adjust the resolution to 3360x1050 ( just the double size of the original width, and keep the hight), and adjust the monitor to Shikval+Camera. finally, input 3.333334 on Aspect. Click OK to save your changes.

6. lauch your mission and ....:D

20090525_bb5d9f918c987f181a0fbkBdGVxzWHXC.jpg

NOTE: if you want to skip the step of swaping monitors, please modify your graphics congifuration lua file in DCS( something in http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=41624 ). but at first you need to finish step 5 and make backup:music_whistling:.

enjoy!!

Smokyrain@gmail.com

Yeah but softTH is triple head - 3 monitors - I dont think you cant do that with Catalyst and 2 grafics cards without SoftTH or TH2G

if you have 3 monitors, maybe softTH is needed, or you can buy a Graphics Card with 3 DVI output( NOT a jok it is true). but in fact, i don't think it is impossible.

you can't strech a monitor with Vista

hmm, cough! yes you can :) Im running twin 22" wide off my 8800gt under vista32. You just need to "extend" the second monitor in your nvida setup. Then edit a couple of lua files.

D:\Ka-50\BlackShark\data\scripts\options.lua

["height"] = 1050,

["resolution"] = "5040x1050",

["width"] = 5040,

D:\Ka-50\Config\MonitorSetup\WidescreenCamera+Shkval+ABRIS-ls - 22x2ext.lua

Viewports =

{

Center =

{

x = 640;

y = 0;

width = 2720;

height = 1050;

viewDx = 0;

viewDy = 0;

aspect = 16/10;

}

}

ABRIS =

{

x = 0;

y = 0;

width = 640;

height = 570;

}

Shkval =

{

x = 0;

y = 570;

width = 640;

height = 510;

}

It looks quite good. The only issue so far is the menu stretching in the multiplay screen. Has anybody figured out how to fix the menus?

Info Link- http://www.vaaf.net/wiki2/index.php5?title=Black_Shark_MultiMonitors

Edited by Kurtz

Perhaps I can get some advice...

I've been trying this myself for some time and I don't have those options in my Catalyst Control Panel:

catalyst.jpg

And as such, can't select the option to get the monitor stretched. When I select multi-monitor in the game, I get them all squished into one screen and it completely ignores the second monitor.

This is on XP-SP2 with an ATI Radeon 4850x2.

You might have seen my previous post about this issue and Ultramon, but the result is the same with or without Ultramon running. I am beginning to think Ultramon isn't involved.

Any thoughts?

Mick

Perhaps I can get some advice...

I've been trying this myself for some time and I don't have those options in my Catalyst Control Panel:

Mick

The earlier catalyst drivers/software didn't have the option to "stretch" the desktop over two screens. Also, I believe that they don't do it in Vista either. The earlier software only had dual screen (as opposed to stretched).

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Virtual Australian Air Force

I wish that were the case, but I am running the latest 9.4 drivers...

Driver Packaging Version 8.60-090316a1-078234C-ATI

Catalyst™ Version 09.4

Provider ATI Technologies Inc.

2D Driver Version 6.14.10.6936

2D Driver File Path System/CurrentControlSet/Control/Video/{572DA7B7-870D-461D-BCD8-D84CAA11154F}/0000

Direct3D Version 6.14.10.0655

OpenGL Version 6.14.10.8577

Catalyst™ Control Center Version 2009.0317.2131.36802

AIW/VIVO WDM Driver Version 6.14.10.6238

AIW/VIVO WDM SP Driver Version 6.14.10.6238

Addmittedly, Sapphire had to tweak them a bit to make the 4in1 SLI work properly since they are the only ones that make the card.

Do you think I need to install Hydravision (ATIs multimon support dingus) as well?

The WINDOWS display properties (not thre ATI Catalyst Control panel) indicates that it IS stretched:

catalyst2.jpg

Mick

Edited by UUMickey
Added more information

• 2 weeks later...

Well finally got a copy of DCS as it was released in stores here in sweden this week. now i just have to get abris and Schval to be displayed on my old 19" 4:3 monitor while the camera view is on my 24" wide... needless to say they are not using the same res, and i REALLY dont want to lower the res. on my 24"... i have seen screenshots on the forum where ppl have abris and schval on another monitor windowed.

any clue how this is done?

// swetrekki

edit : running an Nvidia 9800gtx btw if that matters

tnx cyberkut, i had a look earlier since i posted, at most of the threads you menitoned here. what i forgot was to erase the question, but thank you anyway for a very good answer, hopefully others will find it handy aswell.

it seems like windowed mode is the only way to solve it, i was kind of hoping for another solution... oh well