Help needed: On the other side mission

TeTeT

Hello,

I'm struggling to get across the mountains in that mission. While I can climb up to 4km when I start and immediately ascend, my timing to perform this when needed is off. Any advice on where to be at what altitude in that mission to finally climb over the Caucasus ridge to Georgia? :pilotfly:

Start climbing immediately after takeoff. There is no reason to stay low really, since the route is in controlled territory (generally).

However, if you want to play it safe, to gain and keep that altitude you just need to maintain a minimum of 130km/h airspeed. Remember - your wings are actual wings and will give you lift, but they need airflow to do that. Keep your airspeed and you're good.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Daniel "EtherealN" Agorander | Даниэль "эфирныйн" Агорандер

Intel i7 2600K @ 4.4GHz, ASUS Sabertooth P67, 8GB Corsair Vengeance @ 1600MHz, ASUS GTX 560Ti DirectCU II 1GB, Samsung 830series 512GB SSD, Corsair AX850w, two BENQ screens and TM HOTAS Warthog

DCS: A-10C Warthog FAQ | DCS: P-51D FAQ | Remember to read the Forum Rules |

|
| Life of a Game Tester

Start climbing right away - maintain 130kph IAS (IAS you hear me? IAS!!! None of that HUD speed stuff) to get the best climb profile, and if necessary turn and spiral up slowly if you can't get over the mountain by the time you get to it.

Remember, maintain 130kph IAS.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

I love it! This must be the most asked question on the forum! Maybe it should be stickied - "How to get to the other side" :megalol:

:P

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

"Great minds think alike; idiots seldom differ.":pilotfly:

i5 3750K@4.3Ghz, MSI Z77A GD55, 8GB DDR3, Palit GTX 670, 24" Benq@1920*1080, X52 Pro, Win 7 64bit.

It's a punchline without a good joke.

Q: Why'd the Ka-50 pilot start climbing immediately after takeoff, maintaining 130 KIAS the whole way, turning on his rotor-anti ice AND engine anti-ice once he got to about 2000 m altitude?

A: To get to the other side!

Any advice on where to be at what altitude in that mission to finally climb over the Caucasus ridge to Georgia?
The important part to just to clear the mountain ridge. On more than one attempt at that mission I've had to make a couple climbing circles within that valley to gain enough altitude to make the ridge. Remember even though the Ka-50 is a badass helicopter, it climbs better with some forward airspeed than in a dead hover. It's also safer!
Edited by EinsteinEP

Shoot to Kill.

Play to Have Fun.

It's a punchline without a good joke.

Q: Why'd the Ka-50 pilot start climbing immediately after takeoff, maintaining 130 KIAS the whole way, turning on his rotor-anti ice AND engine anti-ice once he got to about 2000 m altitude?

The important part to just to clear the mountain ridge. On more than one attempt at that mission I've had to make a couple climbing circles within that valley to gain enough altitude to make the ridge. Remember even though the Ka-50 is a badass helicopter, it climbs better with some forward airspeed than in a dead hover. It's also safer!

Kind of like Why did the chicken cross the road?

To prove to the squirrels it could be done!

I always knew it would take Einstein to work that one out :).

• Like 1