just want

nvidiageforce 6150 se graphics

If i'm corect this is a motherboard integrated videocard...not really suited for playing games.

Win11 Pro 64-bit, Ryzen 5800X3D, Corsair H115i, Gigabyte X570S UD, EVGA 3080Ti XC3 Ultra 12GB, 64 GB DDR4 G.Skill 3600. Monitors: LG 27GL850-B27 2560x1440 + Samsung SyncMaster 2443 1920x1200, HOTAS: Warthog with Virpil WarBRD base, MFG Crosswind combat pedals, TrackIR4, Rift-S.

Personal Wish List: A6 Intruder, Vietnam theater, decent ATC module, better VR performance!

And in any case, you should wait a month or so for the Flaming Cliffs 2.0 to be released. Not only will it bring alot of new stuff, it will run better.

I don't know about how good his computer can handle Flaming Cliffs 1.12

But as he'll have to upgrade through Flaming Cliffs anyway, he might as well get it now. There's a lot of content(missions/campaigns) that Lockon Flaming Cliffs 2.0 won't be able to run.

And the wait might be a few months

Better to fly now than wait :) - that's what my pilot heart says

ZoomBoy

My Flight Sims Page

- Link to My Blog - Sims and Things - DCS Stuff++

- Up-to-Speed Guides to the old Lockon A10A and Su-25T

- Some missions [needs update]

Sorry to say but that computer is not up to LOFC let alone the new 2.0 soon to be released. Go to a good computer shop that builds computers and tell them what you intend to do and they SHOULD be able to suggest a computer for your needs. I will say that C2duo,at least 3.0ghz and a very good medium priced graphics card are a must plus at least 4gigs of memory. Higher if you can afford it. My 2 cents. If you would like Brand names, just ask and I am sure the forum here will give you some good advise.Cheers.

lol

I can run it on a celeron 2.4ghz machine... it doesn't look amazingly pretty, but it works fine.

You should be able to run it, no hassles, as long as your GPU is 256mb

AMD Phenom II 965 BE @ 3.8GHz, 8GB OCZ AMD BE RAM, ATI HD5970 2GB XFX BE @ 875/1215, TM HOTAS Cougar, TM Cougar MFDs, TrackIR 5, CH MFP, GoFlight Switch Panel, iMo Mini-Monster Touch, Mimo 720S, Saitek Pro Flight Headset

Sorry to say but that computer is not up to LOFC let alone the new 2.0 soon to be released. Go to a good computer shop that builds computers and tell them what you intend to do and they SHOULD be able to suggest a computer for your needs. I will say that C2duo,at least 3.0ghz and a very good medium priced graphics card are a must plus at least 4gigs of memory. Higher if you can afford it. My 2 cents. If you would like Brand names, just ask and I am sure the forum here will give you some good advise.Cheers.

If he doesn't have Win7 64bit there's no need to buy more than 4 gigs of RAM, the OS can't address more than that anyway.

EVGA GeForce GTX 1070 Gaming | i5 7600K 3.8 GHz | ASRock Z270 Pro4 | Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200 16 GB | PNY CS2030 NVMe SSD 480 GB | WD Blue 7200 RPM 1TB HDD | Corsair Carbide 200R ATX Mid-Tower | Win 10 x64

One wants to play at a reasonable performance level not just barely getting by. Try running large missions or even install mods. All mods affect performance to some degree some much less than others and some may not change anything. A bare bones system just able to keep up at low levels is not the way to experience LOFC or the new v2.0 or any other sim.:music_whistling:

Does the motherboard have an available PCIe slot? If so, popping in a mid-range videocard will improve your system performance drastically. Also, if you know what type of CPU socket the motherboard has, you may be able to upgrade your CPU as well. If you upgrade just those two components, you can get drastically better performance for just a couple hundred dollars, instead of buying an entire new system. If you have a buddy who builds computers, get him to take a look inside the case and tell you what your options are. Or post the specific brand and model here, and I'll see if can find the specs and give you some advice.

EVGA GeForce GTX 1070 Gaming | i5 7600K 3.8 GHz | ASRock Z270 Pro4 | Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200 16 GB | PNY CS2030 NVMe SSD 480 GB | WD Blue 7200 RPM 1TB HDD | Corsair Carbide 200R ATX Mid-Tower | Win 10 x64

One wants to play at a reasonable performance level not just barely getting by. Try running large missions or even install mods. All mods affect performance to some degree some much less than others and some may not change anything. A bare bones system just able to keep up at low levels is not the way to experience LOFC or the new v2.0 or any other sim.:music_whistling:

One might not have a choice due to finances, or a variety of reasons.

At least he (and I) can play and learn in the meantime.

Not everyone is able to dedicate all their funds and time towards a sim.

AMD Phenom II 965 BE @ 3.8GHz, 8GB OCZ AMD BE RAM, ATI HD5970 2GB XFX BE @ 875/1215, TM HOTAS Cougar, TM Cougar MFDs, TrackIR 5, CH MFP, GoFlight Switch Panel, iMo Mini-Monster Touch, Mimo 720S, Saitek Pro Flight Headset

GhostDog

Yes you are correct. What I meant by higher was a larger overall computer, not ram. I just tried to give him a minimum starting point idea, for a good experience with LOFC or v2.0. If he can afford a more top end computer by all means go for it. Thanks for picking up on that, Good point. Cheers.:thumbup:

Digital Steve

Your statement is also correct. However for what I have suggested, the price is not high. The computer would be a reasonable choose without breaking the bank. You have to also realize that he is talking about a flight sim. not an arcade game. Yes I know they are all games. This one and BS are in the top end of sim. games(?). I think you would get some different points of view about sim. or game but lets not get into that area. The point of getting a computer is to find one that meets your needs and enjoyment, hence the suggestion. Lets face it, it is a personal choice. If you ask a question on the forum, you will get a reasonable response, built on previous knowledge of this lets say software.:)

P.S.

Just look at GhostDogs replies and you will understand. He is giving good replies and ideas and is willing to help out. This is the norm here!

Edited by rattler