BS2. Trees and Shadow tree.

P1KW

Hello

Trees penalize much of my system performance graph.

What value should be changed to reduce the number of trees?

How to remove the shadows of the trees?

Greetings.

"If adventure is dangerous, try the routine. It is deadly."

Paulo Coelho.

Hello.

Thanks for the reply Nate.

Changing the distance vision is not the solution. Even at 500m, if I am surrounded by trees performance drops a lot.

Removing the trees is much worse, not for performance, look left to the simuador is depressing.

I have two options, flying BS1, with a striking appearance, or fly BS2, a Falcon type scenario.

I think the graphics engine spends too many resources to draw trees. Just would need to adjust the number of trees, not the distance.

I hope some MOD appears to solve it.

Greetings.

Paulo Coelho.

If you like you could remove the trees models from \DCS Black Shark 2\Bazar\Terrain\Structures\High\EDM maybe?

They are named as trees_2847_2847.edm etc etc. with the larger numbers indicating the models with the larger group of trees.

Nate

Thank you! It works.

Well, I deleted (moved) all files (trees_ *.edm) with a size greater than 35 KB and I have been the edges of forests.

That is enough for me, but I is going to back up those files and rename them with names of large files. This slightly populate the forests with small groups.

Will prove it and update.

Should be an option in the graphics settings. It has a major impact on performance.

Not the same fly over a dense forest in a A-10, or a Ka-50.

When editing files, make backup.

Use Notepad++ to edit.

Greetings.

Edited by P1KW
ampliacion

Paulo Coelho.

I know we shouldn't reward bad behavior but I screwed up slightly. While attempting to mess with the bigger tree files I accidentally renamed on of the EDM tree files and don't know the original name. It's the only tree worth 466kb. If someone could post the name I would appreciate it.

Great.

In 71 files, I have kept the smaller size of 35kb. For the others I have used small files with the name of the greats.

The result? Irregular groups of trees make up the shape of the forests, the inner area of the forest is filled with irregular small groups of trees. Enough to fly without the feeling of bare mountains.

I almost like more than the original.

Greetings.

Paulo Coelho.

Great.

In 71 files, I have kept the smaller size of 35kb. For the others I have used small files with the name of the greats.

The result? Irregular groups of trees make up the shape of the forests, the inner area of the forest is filled with irregular small groups of trees. Enough to fly without the feeling of bare mountains.

I almost like more than the original.

Greetings.

Cool, got a picture or two?

Nate

Cool, got a picture or two?

Nate

Of course. :thumbup:

I really like what I found.

Not only in terms of performance.

At the tactical level.

A convoy disappear in a sea of ​​trees ... can change.

All screens "Trees Visibility 9000 m."

All:

picture.php?albumid=575&pictureid=3940

None:

picture.php?albumid=575&pictureid=3936

<50kb:

picture.php?albumid=575&pictureid=3937

<200kb:

picture.php?albumid=575&pictureid=3938

<300kb:

picture.php?albumid=575&pictureid=3939

Greetings

Paulo Coelho.

Any plans to make treeshadows an option? Right now BS2 has worse performance compared to WH.

I am worried that with the next patch, WH performace will decline as well.

I haven't noticed any performance change with the shadows to be honest.

P1KW that actually looks quite well

Nate

Hi.

Of 13 fps with everything, even 26-30 fps with the block of files <200kb.

My two options: fly without woods, or flying to 13fps on forests.

Possible cause? My resolution, Eyefinity x3, 3240x1980. I can with a single monitor. W7 may also have a saturated, because I have long load times. Although I did cleaning, remains the same.

Advantages?

-People who fly with "Scenes" in medium, and just go bare mountains, the 1st option (<50kb) allows you to maintain performance and give some life to the world.

-Who has to limit the value "Trees Visibility" may reduce slightly (<300kb) and increase the distance at which trees are drawn.

-A tactical level seems more interesting to me to "catch" a shielded through a forest with "bald". Not that almost 90% of the forest is impenetrable.

Remove the shadows of the trees, not for performance, not, for ugly, and a slider to the number of trees should be an option in the simulator.

Greetings.

Edited by P1KW
corretc

Paulo Coelho.