Slew Speed

pcalvert

Hi, does anyone know how to adjust the slew speed for the TGP? I want to be able to slew quickly to a target in front of me and I can't seem to find it in the manual.

Asus Rampage II Extreme, i7 920 @3.8Gh, 6Gb Corsair Dominator 1600hz, Msi GTX 470 Twin Frozr, Corsair 850w Mod PSU, TIR 5, HOTAS WH

STATus page on the MFCDs (OSB 12 on the left MFCD by default), select the second page (OSB 1 iirc), scroll down to the throttle line (THRTL or a similar abbrevation). On the right side of the MFCD you will now see a field (OSB 6 or 7 i think) for slew, adjust to you preference.

Any adjustments will effect all sensors apart from the AGM-65 which has its own slew settings on the MAV page.

Apologies for the vagueness of some of the above, I'm at work so can't double check in the sim/manual.

Spoiler

Intel 13900K (5Ghz), 64Gb 6400Mhz, MSi RTX 3090, Schiit Modi/Magi DAC/AMP, ASUS PG43UQ, Hotas Warthog, RealSimulator FSSB3, 2x TM MFDs + DCS MFDs, MFG Crosswinds, Elgato Steamdeck XL

Thanks Eddie - sounds long and drawn out... I thought there may be a way to set up a simple proceedure.. so I could flip between a fast and slow slew speed.

Asus Rampage II Extreme, i7 920 @3.8Gh, 6Gb Corsair Dominator 1600hz, Msi GTX 470 Twin Frozr, Corsair 850w Mod PSU, TIR 5, HOTAS WH

Long and drawn out? that actually sounds quite simple by warthog standards! Going to try that once Im fed up of crashing blacksharks again.

Technical Specs: Asus G73JW gaming laptop... i7-740QM 1.73GHz ... GTX460m 1.5GB ... 8GB DDR5 RAM ... Win7 64 ... TIR5 ... Thrustmaster T16000m

Thanks Eddie - sounds long and drawn out... I thought there may be a way to set up a simple proceedure.. so I could flip between a fast and slow slew speed.

Once familiar with it's location on the page 2 of the Stat page it is so simple & quick to do.

I do this as part of my start up procedure every time, takes about 5 seconds to perform.

I use 1.5 as my slew speed.

i5-3570K @ 4.5 Ghz, Asus P8Z77-V, 8 GB DDR3, 1.5GB GTX 480 (EVGA, superclocked), SSD, 2 x 1680x1050, x-fi extreme music.

TM Warthog, Saitek combat pro pedals, TrackIR 4

Once familiar with it's location on the page 2 of the Stat page it is so simple & quick to do.

Yes. At first the written procedures look complicated. But if you actually go and change the settings a few times yourself, you'll notice that it's very simple after all. It's the same thing for example with loading DSMS after rearm, or changing the HOF of CBU-97.

BTW, notice TGP slew rate figures/speed difference compared with Maverick (= opposite):

Maverick... 1 = Slow

TGP.......... 1 = Fast

Edited by FreeFall
added stuff

Great question and good info!

However, I change the Slew to any value and it really doesn't seem to do anything... I guess that I'll keep testing it ..

Alienware Area 51 R5 - Intel i9 7980XE (4.7 GHz), 32GB Dual Channel HyperX DDR4 XMP, Dual NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti Graphics 11GB GDDR5X SLI, 4.5 TB combo of SSDs/HDDs, Alienware 1500 Watt Multi-GPU Power Supply, Alienware 25” 240Hz Gaming Monitor, Alienware Pro Gaming Keyboard, TM HOTAS, TM Cougar F-16C MFDs, Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedals, TrackIR5, Win10 Pro x64

Great question and good info!

However, I change the Slew to any value and it really doesn't seem to do anything... I guess that I'll keep testing it ..

That's odd, there's no enter or any type of function to enable it other than entering the value. Try changing it back and forth between 1 and 7, you should see a difference in slew speed for the TAD/TGP/HUD and whatever else goes along with it.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Mobo: ASUS Crosshair III Formula / CPU: AMD Phenom II X4 965 BE @ 3.4 GHz / RAM: Corsair XMS3 8GB / GPU: HIS Radeon HD 6850

Display: Sony Bravia 32" HDTV / Peripherals: TM Warthog, Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals, TIR5, Bose A20, Mini fridge w/ Yuengling

Apologies for the vagueness of some of the above, I'm at work so can't double check in the sim/manual.

That's two demerits for failure to always have a copy of the flight manual at hand.:D

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

That's odd, there's no enter or any type of function to enable it other than entering the value. Try changing it back and forth between 1 and 7, you should see a difference in slew speed for the TAD/TGP/HUD and whatever else goes along with it.

Roger that - I'll give it try and see what happens... Thanks!:smartass:

Alienware Area 51 R5 - Intel i9 7980XE (4.7 GHz), 32GB Dual Channel HyperX DDR4 XMP, Dual NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti Graphics 11GB GDDR5X SLI, 4.5 TB combo of SSDs/HDDs, Alienware 1500 Watt Multi-GPU Power Supply, Alienware 25” 240Hz Gaming Monitor, Alienware Pro Gaming Keyboard, TM HOTAS, TM Cougar F-16C MFDs, Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedals, TrackIR5, Win10 Pro x64

BTW, notice TGP slew rate figures/speed difference compared with Maverick (= opposite):

Maverick... 1 = Slow

TGP.......... 1 = Fast

With luck, that will be changing in the next patch. They should both operate with the same sense (1 = fast)

"They've got us surrounded again - those poor bastards!" - Lt. Col. Creighton Abrams

Really? I can't confirm but I thought I saw a post from a tester saying that the avionics behave this way IRL. I'll search around and see if I can dig up the post.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Mobo: ASUS Crosshair III Formula / CPU: AMD Phenom II X4 965 BE @ 3.4 GHz / RAM: Corsair XMS3 8GB / GPU: HIS Radeon HD 6850

Display: Sony Bravia 32" HDTV / Peripherals: TM Warthog, Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals, TIR5, Bose A20, Mini fridge w/ Yuengling

Thanks FreeFall, but anyway they could change it or leave it the same, wouldn't bother me.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Roger that - I'll give it try and see what happens... Thanks!:smartass:

Yep, I set it to value of 1 and it now seems to be working just fine. Thanks guys! :thumbup:

Confirm. I'm not sure if it were a tester, but anyway.

EDIT: Found

http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=1164098&postcount=2

:)

Yeah.

Nonetheless, in the real airplane, both the System and Maverick slew values become more sensitive at lower values. In other words, the Maverick is currently backwards.

This has been fixed in the current internal software builds. Additionally, the range of allowable values was fixed, as it's presently 'off' a little bit too.

"They've got us surrounded again - those poor bastards!" - Lt. Col. Creighton Abrams