Drop tank anomally

JoeDiamond

The drop tanks do not seem to feed correctly. With two drop tanks loaded and full internal fuel switching to either drop tank results in the fuel pressure dropping and the engine quitting.

Additionally, dropping either drop tank results in the internal wing fuel dropping to zero on that side, see the attached track. Note the wing fuel levels before and after dropping the external tanks.

I realize the beta is a work in progress. I didn't see any mention of this on the status list so I'm mentioning it here

Can confirm this. When carrying drop tanks, switching to them cuts fuel, and dropping them results in total fuel % to drop to 0.

i7 7700K | 32GB RAM | GTX 1080Ti | Rift CV1 | TM Warthog | Win 10

"There will always be people with a false sense of entitlement.

You can want it, you can ask for it, but you don't automatically deserve it. "

Engine Quits After Droptanks Dropped

I still had fuel remaining in the left main tank (the selected tank) when I dropped the external tanks. Immediately the engine quit. The odd thing is that I still had control over manifold pressure. The pressure at the time of failure was 50 psi and I initially could raise and lower the pressure all the way up to 50 psi using the throttle. However no power was produced and the engine was obviously dead. As the plane decelerated in the glide the pressure reduced to about 30 and thats when I hit the weeds. Planes I have flown with manifold pressure guages have always indicated outside air pressure when the engine is shutdown and something less when the engine is windmilling as the cylinders continue to suck pressure from the manifold.

EDIT: For clarity, my thread was merged with this. Otherwise it looks like I don't know how to read.

Also, it occurs to me that the continued high MP might be attributable to the supercharger but that wouldn't explain why moving the throttle would change MP.

Edited by Smokin Hole

confirmed..

same problem

i experience this yesterday

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]W10(64bit)Asus Rog Strix Z370-F - i7 8700K - Dark Rock Pro 4 - 16 giga ram Corsair vengeance 3000 - MSI RTX 2070 Super - Asus Rog Phobeus soundcard - Z906 Surround speaker - Track ir5 - HOTAS Warthog

Fuel tanks

If I release drop tanks, or use Emergency Release to drop them, the main fuel tanks go empty. Was flying with 100% fuel.

i5 4670 - Sabertooth Z87- GTX Titan - Dell U3011 30" - 2x8GB RAM 1800 - Samsung 840 EVO 512GB SSD - Warthog HOTAS - CH Pro pedals - TrackIR5 - Win7 64bit

EVERYTHING IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE :thumbup:

Also, it occurs to me that the continued high MP might be attributable to the supercharger but that wouldn't explain why moving the throttle would change MP.

Just a thought: Your prop is wind-milling the engine and therefore the pistons are still moving and sucking air. Opening and closing the throttle still changes the amount air going through the system and therefore results in a change of MP. The supercharger is still working since the engine is still turning. The only difference is, that the prop drives the engine and not the other way around.

Also keep in mind that the prop angle is controlled automatically as is the MP to a certain extend.

so long

Mathias

• Like 1

My System: Intel Core i7-4770K, Asus ROG Strix RX480 O8G, 24GB Ram