How to edit Shaders in 1.2.1.6192

PeterP

Editing Shader has no effect in 1.2.1.6192 - Why?

Background:

Mustang,

the screen shot that you have posted,...

In which exact version did you made it?

1.2.1.6192 ?

If yes - how?

I'm asking because I see that you use the modified nvd.fx .

I'm not able to see my changes to shader files since 1.2.1.6192 .

Background :

I started to reading papers about shader programming and working to implementing a very simple 2-pass Depth-of-Field filter for the NVG overlay.

And I already made a little progress - but since the newest patches I'm not able to work further on it.

(...)

More info:

The planned outcome is something like this (the image is edited!!):

blur.jpg

Originally Posted by Mustang viewpost.gif

Yes i've been using the most recent 1.2.1 with your mod along with the nvd.fx, i haven't had to do anything to get it all to work, it just does smile.gif

Thanks for answer.

... I did run a couple of tests again - I don't get my modified nvd.fx shown up in the sim.

I can even brake the file - that would normally cause a crash when switching the NVG On.... but they still work.

As Sumerion confirms : It will always look like the default.

I have the suspicion that "our" version has compiled shaders and don't reads the functions - while the "Tester" version uses the original files.

This relates:

HDR.fx was changed in recent versions, try reverting to this older version if you dislike the current one (extract to Bazar\shaders\PostMotionEffect\HDR) i will ask the devs if they can investigate.

Thanks for the FX shader file - but it fixes/changes nothing.

As mentioned before :

Originally Posted by Mustang viewpost.gif

Yes i've been using the most recent 1.2.1 with your mod along with the nvd.fx, i haven't had to do anything to get it all to work, it just does smile.gif

Thanks for answer.

... I did run a couple of tests again - I don't get my modified nvd.fx shown up in the sim.

I can even brake the file - that would normally cause a crash when switching the NVG On.... but they still work.

As Sumerion confirms : It will always look like the default.

I have the suspicion that "our" version has compiled shaders and don't reads the functions - while the "Tester" version uses the original files.

Same applies to the HDR.fx.

It is not possible for the end-user to use edited shader files anymore.

Besides the new subtitle glare that is always visible - even if the sun is hidden - I noticed this annoyance :

newsun.jpg

I feel kinda honoured that you used a modified version of the "alternate version when flickering" of this mod Realistic Sun 1.2.4 for DCS World as the new standard for DCS and also used the rays.tga template that I made.

(my annotations that I made can still be found in the fx files)

But you should be aware that community driven mods like this are now something of the past as long there is no possibility for the end-user to take their hand on the FX files.

Edited by PeterP

• 2 weeks later...
Leave it in or out - i don't care as long I can edit it.

Agreed here. To be fair, however, things like that aren't always going to make the changelog in that kind of detail. A changelog would say "Reverted to old shader model," but your question would still have to be asked.