NVG ANVS-9 more REAL...

Your mod worked flawless with my 1.2.0 installation, but after upgrading to 1.2.1 I tried your mod and my game wont even start.

The window of the DCS launches, flashes for a blink of an eye and then it shut down.

I had to reinstall World and the A-10 modul to get my game working again.

Could some1 please verify this, or is it just my installation?

Thanks

-Hammer- out

Edited by -Hammer-

Windows 10 | i7-8700K@5GHz | 2080 Ti | Intel Z370 Chipset | 32GB RAM@1866 MHz | SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 1TB| Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS w. FSSB R3 Mod | Saitek Switch Panel + Radio Panel + Multi Panel + FIP + Flightpanels Software | MFG_Crosswind | TrackIR5 | TM Cougar MFD Pack | Obutto R3volution | 1 x LG38 | GAMETRIX KW-908 JETSEAT

• Replies 250
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Seems like anything related to shaders are a NO Go At the moment!

:pilotfly:Wolfpack Production:pilotfly:

-=<[WiN 10, I7 3770K @ 4,5 Ghz, Corsair H100i, Sabertooth Z77, 16 GB Dominator, Sapphire 7970 VaporX 6GB, C70 Vengance, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Saitek Pro rudder, Track IR, Beyerdynamics MMX 300 ]>=-

DCS/FC2/FC3/Arma videos on my channel:

https://www.youtube.com/user/WolfpackproductionDK

"Fortes Furtuna Juvat"

I believe found the crashing problem. Simply remove any of the aircraft folders that you do not own from the Mod\aircrafts directory. I only have A-10C, so removing the Ka-50 and P-51D folders solved the crashing issue for me.

All-in-all still works great in 1.2.1.

Edited by Tholozor

REAPER 51 | Tholozor
VFA-136 (c.2007): https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3305981/
Arleigh Burke Destroyer Pack (2020): https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3313752/

Thanks Tholozor!

The Mod works perfect again :thumbup:

Windows 10 | i7-8700K@5GHz | 2080 Ti | Intel Z370 Chipset | 32GB RAM@1866 MHz | SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 1TB| Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS w. FSSB R3 Mod | Saitek Switch Panel + Radio Panel + Multi Panel + FIP + Flightpanels Software | MFG_Crosswind | TrackIR5 | TM Cougar MFD Pack | Obutto R3volution | 1 x LG38 | GAMETRIX KW-908 JETSEAT

Mustang,

the screen shot that you have posted,...

99LTN.jpg

In which exact version did you made it?

1.2.1.6192 ?

If yes - how?

I'm asking because I see that you use the modified nvd.fx .

I'm not able to see my changes to shader files since 1.2.1.6192 .

Background :

I started to reading papers about shader programming and working to implementing a very simple 2-pass Depth-of-Field filter for the NVG overlay.

And I already made a little progress - but since the newest patches I'm not able to work further on it.

(...)

More info:

The planned outcome is something like this (the image is edited!!):

blur.jpg

Edited by PeterP

I´m using 1.2.1.6192 with your mod. didn´t do anything to get it to work.. but the shader is not as white as it was before in 1.2.0. It´s more green, like before you released the "new shader". I liked it better with the more withish.

Don´t know if what i´m trying to say make any sense, I say it anyway :)

Really hope you are working with this mod wich in my opinion is one of the best mods for this sim.

ASUS P7P55D - i5@3.8 - 8GB RAM - ATI6950 2GB - Logitech G940 - TIR 5

Yes i've been using the most recent 1.2.1 with your mod along with the nvd.fx, i haven't had to do anything to get it all to work, it just does :)

Thanks for answer.

... I did run a couple of tests again - I don't get my modified nvd.fx shown up in the sim.

I can even brake the file - that would normally cause a crash when switching the NVG On.... but they still work.

As Sumerion confirms : It will always look like the default.

I have the suspicion that "our" version has compiled shaders and don't reads the functions - while the "Tester" version uses the original files.

Edited by PeterP

?- please elaborate.

I think he means that your mod is so much more realistic, that it should become the default effect for DCS. As in, it would be nice if it were incorporated into the game as standard.

Edit: Sniped! Don't leave the room when posting, kids.

"They've got us surrounded again - those poor bastards!" - Lt. Col. Creighton Abrams

NVG-Mask for DCS World 1.2.1 Release candidate 3

Change-log:

Fix:

-New instruction and file-structure of the package.

Separates the installations for each module to fix the the crash when coping files for a module you do not own into the DCS World root folder.

-Updated the "Macro_sequencies.lua" for P-51D to include the new auto-start sequence that came with 1.2.1 .

added:

New NVG Shaders

(>>>>even if they don't seem to work in the end-user version).

Edited by PeterP

Thank you for compiling the files, PeterP. I was a bit daunted by adding this mod but since you've taken this action and ED fixed the cursor in the A-10C, I'll be flying the Warthog more often and looking forward to nights.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

CPU - Intel 8088 @ 4.77 MHz; Memory - 128KB; 360KB double-sided

5 1/4" full-height floppy disk drive; 10MB Seagate ST-412 hard drive

JG-1 MiG-21bis Checklist

Thank You, I waiting for this mod again in new version! :)

Webmaster of http://www.yoyosims.pl

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

Win 10 64, i9-13900 KF, RTX  4090 24Gb OC, RAM 64Gb Corsair Vengeance LED OC@3600MHz,, 3xSSD+3xSSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5, [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor2, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

New NVG Shaders are now working in 1.2.1

(>>>How to edit Shaders in 1.2.1.6192 )

NVG-Mask for DCS World 1.2.1 Release candidate 4

Change-log RC4:

Fix:

Separates the installations for each module to fix the the crash when coping files for a module you do not own into the DCS World root folder.

-Updated the "Macro_sequencies.lua" for P-51D to include the new auto-start sequence that came with 1.2.1 .

added:

New NVG Shaders for P-51D and A-10C

Edited by PeterP

Hi there and thanks for your work with this.

RC4 with new shaders works perfect in 1.2.1.6288

I´ve said it before and I will say it again.. awesome awesome mod :thumbup:

I have tested it with the A-10, KA50 and P51...

my wife is not going to like this, I´m planning for some serious night missions right now.... but I will blame you... :music_whistling:

back to the pit

Thanks

• Like 1

ASUS P7P55D - i5@3.8 - 8GB RAM - ATI6950 2GB - Logitech G940 - TIR 5

Hi Guys

I think this mod was interfering with the centre trim method on in DCSW BS2.

Please look here for an explanation.

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=95390

This was the RC3 version and I have not tried RC4 yet.

I really like this mod but unfortunately I also really like having the controls indicator and a working central trim method :-(

Sorry- The "unchain rudder from trim" mod slipped into the release candidate.

I have now fixed the package.

A-10C and P-51D users don't have to reload it.

I deeply apologize for any inconveniences this may have caused.

Change-log RC4b:

Fix:

-removed accidental slipped in new trim logic from the "Ka-50" files.

added:

-New NVG Shaders for P-51D and A-10C

-included in this mod the option to use the "unchain rudder from trim" logic for Ka-50

>>> more info : http://files.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/218201/

Edited by PeterP
  • Like 1

On the contrary, I am happy that I contributed ( in a very small way ) to this mod. Excellent work as always PeterP

I don't suppose there is any way of having this mod and the control indicator working ? As a Non FFB Ka-50 pilot I find the control indicator vital ( mainly to know the rudder trimmed position ).

Edited by LupinYonder