Saitek Combat rudder Braking Problem

Hi guys, I have searched this all over the net and forums, and was wondering if anyone could give me some assistance!

My toebrakes worked fine, but over time (about a year) almost everytime I depress the toebrakes, when I release them, they stay partially activated! (especially the left pedal) causing me to taxi out of control a lot of the time!. Usually depressing and re-realising eventually returns the axis to 0.

I have tried putting a deadzone, but it doesnt minimizes the problem rather than solves it.

I tried opening up the pedals to see if the toebrake sensor needed cleaning, but I simply couldn't get to it!

Please help!

Thank you in advance

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Got a strange developement on the story.

So i blew out some of the inside for dust etc.

In windows gamecontrol, the axis seems to reset to 0 perfectly everytime, but I still have the same problem within DCS. Any ideas?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I have noticed with my Saitek pedals that if I release the brakes "too quickly", they don't always go back to zero. You can clearly see that by activating the controls indicator of DCS A-10C (RCtrl + Enter). However, if I go to Windows Game Controllers and see the brake axis, they always seem to go back to zero. Even if I release the brakes very quickly. So, especially with takeoff, I usually release the brakes rather gently.

Some other forum members confirmed that phenomenon, so it was not only me.

These experiences are from standalone versions of DSC A-10C. Haven't installed DSC World version yet.

Some other forum members confirmed that phenomenon, so it was not only me.

Indeed, I have seen this although I certainly can't explain it. I can release the pedals fast or slow 100 times and get dozens of different results in DCS. If I do the same thing in Windows, or other utilities, they go to zero every single time.

I am pretty sure the last time I tested it was in World though not positive.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

• 2 months later...

I have the Saitek Combat Rudder pedals as well and can confirm that this is most definitely a real problem that I'm running into as well. The pedals are correctly read out in Windows' own properties dialog window no matter how fast I press and depress the pedals, but I'm usually left with sticky toebrakes when I don't release the toebrakes very gently in DCS.

This issue sends me careening down the runway during take-offs and is making me look really bad to the other folks I'm flying with on-line! It's getting to the point I'm thinking of using the keyboard for my braking, differential braking be damned.

Is there really no fix for it? I've tried with and without the Saitek drivers, and I've tried deleting the calibration from the registry too as per the instructions found in other threads. Bumping the saturation way up is not really a fix when the toebrake gets stuck halfway....

• 2 months later...
Seems I have fixed the problem, Cleared out my Rudder profile which I had imported a long from the previous version of world. Seems to have made my problem dissapear! :)

I've got the same problem and will give this a go. How did you clear the profile?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

HTC Vive

Windows 10 Maximus VIII Hero i7-6700k CPU @ 4.2GHz 16GB Nvida GeForce GTX 1080. Ram Duel SSD's

I have previously used the thread mentioned with good result but last week after having reconnecting my Saitek rudder I could not get it to recover back to working condition. I tried all the good programs PeterP's very nice thread but no joy.

I finally decided to try an bypass the Saitek controller board and send the potentiometers directly to my Leo Bodnar BU0836X card. I was very suprised to find out that a simple potentiometer hooked up to the BU0836X card and mapped in DCS for right or left wheel brake acted in the exact same way as the when using the Saitek pedals. Setup is only done in DCS

When setting up the same potentiometer and same analogue input channel for anything else than wheel brakes it worked perfectly. As soon as I mapped the same input to right or left wheel brake it was misbehaving again.

Eventually I tried to map left toe brake on the Saitek pedals to wheel brake (common). There the input was fine as smooth. Then I tried mapping right toe brake on the Saitek to right wheel brake in DCS..... Surprice now that was working perfectly. I then remapped left toe brake on Saitke to left wheel brake in DCS....now it worked perfectly.

Unfortunately I am not able to replicate rudder toe brake erratic behavious beacuse now of cause I can't get mess up. Thus I cannot be absolutely positively sure that erratic behavious of wheel brakes can be rectified by starting applying mapping to wheel brake (common) before trying to map it to left and right but it worked for me.

But if you can't get thread http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=1398682&postcount=27 to work I suggest you give it a shot..

Cheers

Edited by Hansolo

• 1 month later...

Hi

I recently have been plagued with the same issue with my Saitek Combat rudder pedals as mentioned in this thread. I undertook all of the fixes mentioned in this thread and still had the spike. Even though in the windows control panel no spike could not be found.

However I think I have found a solution and after a week of testing with no ill effects it has seemed to have fixed my problems.

Possibly this may help someone alleviate the same issue that I had.

I adjusted the toe brake axis to the following.

Left Toe Brake

ToeBrake_zps849c3eb6.jpg

Right Toe Brake

ToeBrakeRight_zpsb6a08f6c.jpg

I haven't done any of this with mine it occurred to me the spiking only happens when your feet are not on the peddles or rather the weight of feet.

You will notice this if you open the control panel for the pedals from the ribbon you will see pedals displaying left and right toe half red bar simply applying the weight of your feet and the bars have gone.

I think personally its a little to much tension in the build quality coupled with perhaps slightly off parts.

All I did was change Axis to slider and invert plus 5 DZ.

Eagles may soar high but weasel's don't get sucked into jet engines.

System Spec.

Monitors: Samsung 570DX & Rift CV1

Mobo: MSI Godlike gaming X-99A

CPU: Intel i7 5930K @ 3.50Ghz

RAM: 32gb

GPU: EVGA Nvidia GTX 980Ti VR Ready

Cooling: Predator 360

Power Supply: OCZ ZX Series 80 Plus Gold

Drives: Samsung SSD's 1tb, 500g plus others with OS Win10 64 bit

Had this enoying problem with my brand new Saitek Combat Rudder peddals.

Found this post and tryed the solition from 14th_JAR

Worked like a charm.

Very happy with this guys.

Was afraid i've bought garbage.

Rainbow

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Gigabyte Z270X| Intel i5 7600K 3.8Ghz | Gigabyte GTX1060 6GB | Samsung 960 240GB SSD | 240GB SSD HyperX DCS disk | 16Gb Kingston HyperX DDR4 | Thrustmaster Warthog - 15506 | Saitek Combat Rudders | Thrustmaster MFDs | Oculus Rift CV1 with 3 sensors | Creative X-Fi Titanium | Windows 10 64-bit Prof | 2x HP 24" LED | Logitech Z623 THX 2.1 | Corsair 550Watt Professional PSU

This is weird if I do the above to mine then my brakes are on the minute I lower the landing gear and as soon as a wheel touches the black stuff its all over.

If I leave mine default reverse the axis make it slider add 5 DZ and all is good no lock ups smooth controlled braking which I only really use to control taxi speed the speed brake does a good enough job slowing the aircraft before exit.

Eagles may soar high but weasel's don't get sucked into jet engines.

System Spec.

Monitors: Samsung 570DX & Rift CV1

Mobo: MSI Godlike gaming X-99A

CPU: Intel i7 5930K @ 3.50Ghz

RAM: 32gb

GPU: EVGA Nvidia GTX 980Ti VR Ready

Cooling: Predator 360

Power Supply: OCZ ZX Series 80 Plus Gold

Drives: Samsung SSD's 1tb, 500g plus others with OS Win10 64 bit