A-10C Campaign: Operation Jackal

I have converted my Ka-50 Blackshark campaign for use with the A-10C. Slight target changes but mostly the same. If you encounter any problems or any comments, please say. See Ka-50 version here: Ka-50 Operation Jackal.

Download Link (24MB)

The download includes the single player campaign package and individual multiplayer coop missions.

http://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/267095/

Individual Missions (SP)

Already completed the campaign, or finished a mission and just want to replay that mission? Download the specific mission at bottom of the post (attachments) and put it in whatever folder you wish to load it from.

Story is simple:

Jackal is a long time enemy and his reign of terror on the civilians need to end. You will systematically reduce his forces and supplies until ultimately, you find him and kill him.

Info:

• Single player or Two player MP COOP.

• Difficulty: Relatively easy. This is not an advance campaign with mass battles in each mission. The hardest parts is usually utilizing your payloads and wingman to maximum efficiency

• Voices: Yes, just mine though.

• Missions: Six total missions

• Flight times: Some are long, some are short. If they are long, remember you can ctrl+z to speed up time (in single player)

• Targets: Some missions have little, some have quite a few. For coop. most missions will have larger target types & quantities but same tasking

• Wingman: You'll have a wingman for a couple of the missions, otherwise it's solo. (no wingman in MP coop)

• Weather: Season is winter in January with low temps. Winds very from calm to a breeze. There is one night time mission.

• Weapons: Most missions have loadouts that include AGM-65D's, GBU-12's and CBU-97's.

• Jtacs: Yes, each mission uses jtacs.

Install instructions

-----------

DCS INSTALL

-----------

Drop the "Mods" folder into your DCS Folder.

------------

HOW TO PLAY?

------------

Singleplayer Campaign:

DCS World > Main Menu > Campaign > A-10C > Operation Jackal

Multiplayer COOP:

When you start a server, in the drop down menu, select A-10C > Multiplayer > choose mission # you want to play.(e.g. Jackal-coop-1 etc)

-----------------------

Play individual mission?

-----------------------

If you already beat the campaign or just want to play an individual mission, then:

Main Menu > Mission > select A-10C at top > click top folder > Campaign > select Jackal mission # you wish to play.

Playing a previous version?

Install like normal, just simply drop the mods folder into your DCS folder and continue your campaign. It will automatically update the campaign missions to the current version.

Un-install

DCS Uninstall Singleplayer Campaign package:

1. Go to - \DCS World\Mods\aircrafts\A-10C\Missions\EN\Campaigns

2. Delete the Jackal.miz and Jackal.cmp files.

DCS Uninstall MP COOP Mission package:

1. Go to - \DCS World\Mods\aircrafts\A-10C\Missions\EN\Multiplayer

2. Delete the Jackal.miz files.

Previous version fix list

v1.5 added 1/26/2013

- V1.5 is not compatible with previous versions. The reason for this is, moving forward, I did not want version numbers in filenames and campaign as it may cause confusion. The campaign is in a good state, so I will be releasing it on DCS website as well as here. You can always check your current version in the briefing.

- Mission 1 uzi ground soldier adjusted to (hopefully) avoid randomly, rarely, being stuck.

- Mission 6 payload changed.

- Mission 6 adjustment to jackal, sometimes he would go defensive on foot. This didn't prevent you from killing him or the outcome of the campaign, but it's a storyline fix to allow him to run to chopper.

- Added readme back into zip and updated it.

- Added multiplayer and single player into one package. There was really no need for two seperate installs. Now you will always have both and can simply chose which to play.

v1.4

- Mission 5: (SP & MP Fix) Fixed an issue preventing mission 5 from completing. Adjusted uzi cargo soldier route (again). Cleaned up vehicles around him and change route a little, so he shouldn't get stuck anymore. Also added a secondary trigger for a win, once Uzi takes off for RTB's it'll be a victory, in case the demo team fails to blowup ammo.

- Changed a few waypoints in all missions, (ie: removed some rtb in 2 waypoints as most missions it wasn't needed)

v1.3

- Fixed mission scoring for single player. This should prevent missions reverting to previous missions on exit, and keep you on your current mission.

- Added weather info to briefing for MP COOP, as in MP you can't see it in biefing.

- Fixed mission 1 MP COOP loadout, mistakenly had training mavericks on instead of the real ones :D

v1.2

- Mission 5: (SP & MP fix) Change UZI route and zone logic so they would always blow up the buildings, in some cases this wasn't occurring.

- Mission 5: (SP fix) Removed a couple targets from the north and south anti-air groups, this was done in single player to help compensate for the sometimes erratic or dumb wingman. Targets remain unchanged in mission 5 MP coop.

- Some minor adjustments to a couple waypoints and briefings.

v1.1

- MP COOP only - Fixed jtac assignment in first and third missions.

Edited by Quirkitized
  • Like 1

Mission Overviews

Mission 1

You are to assist UZI in retrieving documents from Jackal's house that contain the information we need for Jackal's operation locations. Take out the infantry guards to secure the area for UZI to search.

m1_bg.jpg

Mission 2

Jackal has control over Krymsk airfield. Remove his forces from Krymsk. Your CDU is pre-programmed with anti-air threat locations (WP 3, 4 and 5). After AAA threats are neutralized, contact Jtac.

m2_bg.jpg

Mission 3

Jackal has caught us off guard while relocating to Anapa and is striking Krymsk airfield with Artillery. Defend Krymsk. Land, refuel and rearm at krymsk, then take out the Artillery. Contact Jtac colt once you've rearmed for TGT location.

m3_bg.jpg

Mission 4

Today, We will be elimating Jackal's heavily guarded fuel operations. Clear the battlefield. Once cleared, UZI's Demolition team will blowup fuel related buildings.

m4_bg.jpg

Mission 5

Take out Jackal's North and South anti-air threats, jtac can give you coords. Once anti-air is clear, clean up all Vehicle and Personnel enemy units at AMMO OP. Then, UZI's Demolition team will blowup ammo related buildings.

m5_bg.jpg

Mission 6

Jackal's forces are deminished. He has fled to Novarossisysk. Find him, and kill him.

Fly to Novorossiysk, contact jtac axeman for house location. Jtac for this mission will give you only one group to hit, however, take out all targets. Jtac's coords are just to put you on-location.

m6_bg.jpg

Looks great Quirk, nice job. Might have to take the covers off my ka-50 for this one.

i7-7700K : 16Gb DDR4 2800 Mhz : Asus Mobo : 2TB HDD : Intel 520 SSD 240gb : RTX 2080ti: Win10 64pro : Dx10 : TrackiR4 : TM Warthog : ASUS ROG SWIFT PG348Q

Hi quirk!

Just tried your first MP mission with a friend and after three runs over flight route, Jtac was keep saying " no further tasks...etc" and we ended RTB with full payload.

I downloaded your 2nd zip file (v1 MP) and put entire Mod folder on my DCS mais folder.

ex:

C:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World\Mods

I don't have any mod on my DCS neither any mods folder.

Did anyone more experience this?

Windows 7 Professional x64, EVGA GTX 1060 6GB,

Intel Xeon W5650(i7) @ 4.1ghz, Asus P6TWS motherboard, 24gb DDR3, 500GB SSD.

Hybrid joystick(Base: Saitek X55 - Grip:CH Fighterstick), Saitek X55 throttle, Saitek ruder pedals.

Ok, new fixes for v1.1 MP COOP version. Fixed jtac in mission 1 and 3. they didn't have any groups assigned. While converting it to coop, I simply forgot to re-assign the group. all the jtacs should be fine now for group assignments. Talk about embarrassing, play it COOP and first mission didn't even work :/.

New missions have -v1.1 at the end. Any other feedback good or bad please post.

Edited by Quirkitized

Ive played through mission 1 and 2. Cool missions. Thanks Quirk!

System spec:

Asus P9X79, Intel 3930K @ 4.6;

GeForce GTX 680 4gb; G.Skill 16 Gb (2x8Gb) DDR3 dual channel @ 1800mhz; Corsair H100; Corsair SSD; Cooler Master 1200W SilentPro Gold (80+).

HOTAS Warthog, Helios, SoftTH, CougarMFD, Dell Multitouch, LG 27", LG 42.

--------------------------------------------------------

quick question: is this for A-10C 1.1.1.1 standalone or which version of world (if it is world?)

AWAITING ED NEW DAMAGE MODEL IMPLEMENTATION FOR WW2 BIRDS

Fat T is above, thin T is below. Long T is faster, Short T is slower. Open triangle is AWACS, closed triangle is your own sensors. Double dash is friendly, Single dash is enemy. Circle is friendly. Strobe is jammer. Strobe to dash is under 35 km. HDD is 7 times range key. Radar to 160 km, IRST to 10 km. Stay low, but never slow.

I think this campaign is fascinating and relative easy to complete. I will give it a try. Thanks for your effort.:)

System specs below

Case - Antec Three Hundred

PSU - Corsair AX750watt

Board - MSI Z170A GAMING PRO

CPU - Intel i5 6600K 3900MHz

Cooler - CoolerMaster Hyper 212 Plus

Memory - Kingston HYPERX 16G DDR4 2400Mhz CL15

Graphics - MSI GEFORCE GTX 980 GAMING 4G

SSD - Samsung 950 PRO 256GB M.2 NVMe

Monitor - Philips 277E 27" 1920x1080 60Hz

OS - Windows 10 Home 64bit

Flight Controllers - Thrustmaster HOTAS WARTHOG, Saitek COMBAT RUDDER PEDALS, TrackIR 4, Track Clip Pro

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Quirk,

Today I finished first mission and now everything went ok. Very fine mission.

Feedbak:

-We had to destroy both infantry and shilka to have a "clear to RTB" from JTAC. If our task was to destroy only infantry, I think that killing Shilka shouldn't be a goal to have a complete task.

-I think that instead of killing every infantry to complete task, a percentage number (this could be done in mission editor) is preferable.

Everything but this was spot on.

Tomorrow mission 2 is awaiting for us. :smilewink:

Hybrid joystick(Base: Saitek X55 - Grip:CH Fighterstick), Saitek X55 throttle, Saitek ruder pedals.

Thank you for the feedback. Killing the infantry was the goal in single player as that was your only targets in single player. I added the extra manpads, shilka and zu-23 emplacement aaa so in coop the two players would have enough targets. I didn't change any of the messages but maybe I should clarify that you would still need to clear all the targets so uzi can safely land, if you don't, uzi would get shot up. I believe only the first mission you'd run into that type of issue as all the other missions, as far as the briefing and voice messages, the tasks should be spot on.

Basically the coop is the same as single player in terms of your tasking, just a few of the missions have extra targets so both players can feel like they have some targets to hit. This was my thought process behind that. I will considering re-doing different voice overs or briefings for coop.

Any other feedback greatly appreciated.

Edited by Quirkitized

So far iv'e completed 2 missions on the single player version. I must say impressive job you've done.

Fist mission kill the infantry, completed no problem, dropped a cbu-87 and boom dead.

Second mission i had few problems with but was a good challenge. My CBU-97's kept missing my first targets and i wasn't using my wingman as i should, cus so far i've never really needed too. I kept running out of weapons. This mission taught me how to use wingman effectively. After several attempts i managed to complete it after a dodgy landing.

So thnx again for this campaign, hopefully more will come :)

Yeah, the overall difficulty is relatively easy, the hard part is managing your weapons and wingman. I played tested each mission a few times and even I found it a bit rough for managing weapons, especially mission 5, but they are all do-able with default payload and wingman use. However, I may change the loadouts slightly, say add 3xagm-65d's instead of 2x racks. Two extra mav's may help quite a bit, especially mission 5.

Finished second mission and again everything went ok. I added another A-10 so another mate could join but I removed 2 Mavs on each plane to balance things.

Quirk,

at least on MP missions don't add more Mavs. Not only is an unreal payload but also spoils us on weapons usage. Unfortunatly real payload doesn't seem to be a main concern to mission builders and its very common to see online people dropping bombs and using Mavs on targets that are completly inadequate to them with no care to weapons manage. Real payloads not only are more fun and challenging but also makes us better pilots and on majority of times is more than enough to get the job done if proper used.

Edited by alexbap

Understandable, this is why I tried to make the payload single gbu-12s and limited the mavs to 2x65d racks. It just doesn't seem right if there was 3xGBU-12 racks with 3xAGM-65 racks.

I have idea's of doing a new campaign with very limited lite loadouts, say just 2x mavs 2xgbu-12s.

Thanks again for good feedback.

Added version 1.2

- Mission 5: (SP & MP fix) Change UZI route and zone logic so they would always blow up the buildings, in some cases this wasn't occurring.

- Mission 5: (SP fix) Removed a couple targets from the north and south anti-air groups, this was done in single player to help compensate for the sometimes erratic or dumb wingman. Targets remain unchanged in mission 5 MP coop.

- Some minor adjustments to a couple waypoints and briefings.

My buddy and I just completed the entire campaign over the course of a few days (v1.1) Had a blast playing it, with only a few minor gripes.

I think it was mission 5 (the one with a fleet of Strela's and Shilka's) that no matter who contacted him and from where, the JTAC would not respond.

I would also suggest that you add in the weather info to the briefing for the MP side, because that kind of stuff is always in a pre-flight brief, not the pilot having to rely on the JTAC for that kind of stuff.

Overall, great campaign, fun to fly. Looking forward to more!

My buddy and I just completed the entire campaign over the course of a few days (v1.1) Had a blast playing it, with only a few minor gripes.

I think it was mission 5 (the one with a fleet of Strela's and Shilka's) that no matter who contacted him and from where, the JTAC would not respond.

I would also suggest that you add in the weather info to the briefing for the MP side, because that kind of stuff is always in a pre-flight brief, not the pilot having to rely on the JTAC for that kind of stuff.

Overall, great campaign, fun to fly. Looking forward to more!

Good notes, completely forgot about weather not showing up in MP briefings. I will make this change in next update. As far as the JTAC's not responding in Mission 5, I have tested it a few times and they always respond, I can't seem to reproduce it. If you ever play it again, please let me know if it happens again, I checked all missions and jtacs responded. Maybe the host can only contact jtac first? I'm not 100% sure why it happened and i'll keep checking.

If you've started the campaign already is there a way to play the 1.2 version and not go back and restart?

Yes good point Zeke. I have edited the initial post and changed the download link to a version that will let people continue the campaign with the update files as the .cmp package file just needs to read the file names, so long as they are the same, it's fine.

I have a habit of renaming all new files so I know what version I'm working on, but need to keep them the same for campaign package. Multiplayer missions will remain with current updated v# on them however.

Edited by Quirkitized

Thnx for the update Quirk. I just managed to complete mission 4 using set loadout. Was a tough one lol trying to get my wingman to target the vehicles leftover from my bombing run.

Managed to complete on my 3rd attempt. Another great mission, thnx again.

Today I finished mission number 2.It was my first attempt. Everything was going as planned except some missing bomb target shots. My munitions and gun ammo finished in the last phase where JTAC gave me coordinates to kill APCs. I thought go kamikaze to kill APC’s … then suddenly cross my mind the idea to go back to base and rearm. I wasn’t sure if it was possible. Anyway, I manage to rearm also refuel because my tanks were empty. I went back to target and finished mission. Satisfying mission I have to say, a little long thought.

You update campaign to ver. 1.2. Is it possible to do the update now or having to finish campaign first and then update?

System specs below

Case - Antec Three Hundred

PSU - Corsair AX750watt

Board - MSI Z170A GAMING PRO

CPU - Intel i5 6600K 3900MHz

Cooler - CoolerMaster Hyper 212 Plus

Memory - Kingston HYPERX 16G DDR4 2400Mhz CL15

Graphics - MSI GEFORCE GTX 980 GAMING 4G

SSD - Samsung 950 PRO 256GB M.2 NVMe

Monitor - Philips 277E 27" 1920x1080 60Hz

OS - Windows 10 Home 64bit

Flight Controllers - Thrustmaster HOTAS WARTHOG, Saitek COMBAT RUDDER PEDALS, TrackIR 4, Track Clip Pro

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]