USN: The future is now

Raven68

Intel i5-9600K @ 3.7GHz

Gigabyte Z370XP SLI Mobo

G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin DDR4

GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 2070 8GB 256-Bit GDDR6(Assume the latest driver version)

Thermaltake Water 3.0 Certified Liquid Cooling System

Windows 10 Professional

Oculus Rift-S /TrackIR 5 in case VR dies

Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog w/ Thrustmaster T-Flight Rudder Pedals

Rail Guns are already in testing on ships, it's only a matter of time before they are widely deployed.

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

Would be my guess.

Damn sure they lying about its output

Intel i5 7600K @ 4.2GHz | 32GB G.Skill Trident RGB DDR4 @ 3200MHz | MSI RTX 4060 Gaming X 8G | WD Black NVMe 2TB | Sound Blaster Audigy RX | MSI Z270 Gaming M3 | Corsair H80i v2 | Corsair RM750x | Thrustmaster T.16000M FCS Flight Pack | TrackIR 5 | Windows 10 Home 64-bit |

Sig1.png

The U.S. already has counters for systems like the DF-21D, and more conventional cruise missiles, namely in the form of the SM-2 ER Block IV's and now the newer SM-6 systems.

The laser's would be equivalent more to a point defense system, like a Phalanx, but probably with longer range. Also to compliment that, the Navy uses ESSM missiles for close range intercept of incoming cruise missiles, not to mention the multitude of Nulka, SLQ-32 ECM and OECM systems, decoys, deception jammer's, and the Offensive ECM capabilities of the Aegis radar for endgame, weapon finders like the Mk46 NightConqueror, the 5" guns, and SLQ-25 Nixie systems.

A single Arleigh Burke is a pretty impressive ship I've learned.

Once they get the railguns though, it will greatly save on the cost of missiles to engage long range with the guns.

Added new info for those interested.

http://www.wired.com/images_blogs/dangerroom/2010/05/LaWS-Background.pdf

It's going to compliment the CIWS apparently.

Edited by Invader ZIM

• 2 weeks later...