Program for export data (uv26, pvi, pui800) for dcs ka50

Crivi

Hello. I'm new here.

I've been working on a program to extract data from dcs to my little circuit displays. After reading some post about getting data, I created a small sample application in c# that uses my dll to extract:

Update:

BS2: uv26, pvi, pui800, ekran, spu9, r800, r828

A10C: cmsc, cmsp, tacan, ils, uhf, vhf am and fm

I hope it will be useful for you to know those program.

I add the source code:

https://github.com/skbn/DCSExtract

ka50find.jpg?dl=1&token_hash=AAGk7vusSqjywwSNXwUR3qvn7u3CSEhFSMOXDN7MBi5LeQ

a10cfind.jpg?dl=1&token_hash=AAFJ-5KBLHTg58B1lJ18-B8ZM5isdrBWX6TI73HEJ7w_3w

Ka50%20Extract%20data.jpg

I added a function to get data ekran, but only work on 64-bit OS, the same with c #

Ka50ExtractData.jpg

Edited by Crivi
Updating
  • Like 1

Nice work!

Initial scan seems to take ~30 seconds before values are found, you might want to skip some memory regions to find the values faster...

Care to share the source for the dll also?

Yes, just change it and now takes seconds. At least now to test is not inhumane: D

Once you finish with the a10c I will publish the rest of the code, now not worth it.

• Like 1

Nice work, as far as sending information to OpenCockpits, its nice an simple basically a series of strings with variable=value. I like to use a simple UDP to TCP bridge, that way I can stop and start things without TCP hangups.

Some c#, lua and soic code here: https://code.google.com/p/bne-dcs-soic-cmd-lineconverter/source/browse/

Just be aware OC LCD interfaces only like numerics, not alphanumerics.

cheers

Peter

I updated the dll to extract more things such as radio frequencies and modes of KA50 and added support for the A10C from the cmsc, cmsp, radios, tacan and ils. If someone uses it to find a bug that you discuss me here, if you need help or anything else related to the dll :joystick:

Sweet, so we can now get display information from cmsc/cmsp without resorting to OCR techniques?

EDIT - DOH - should have looked at first page - nice work!!!!!!

Cheers

Peter

Edited by bnepethomas

really nice work - loaded into the pit this morning to give it a run through. Once its finished searching there's no load on the CPU which is a really good thing.

Couple of bugs/limitations/things to watch for:

1. Need to start the program once the sim is up and running. Not a biggie, but may be worth retrying every 5 seconds or so until the sim is found. That way you can start the program before getting into the sim

2. The CMSP (and I think CSMC) won't 'find' the display data if you launch the program when the EW panel is off, even if it is turned on later.

Neither of these are reasons not to use this code, its a huge step forward, thanks again for sharing, really nice work.

Cheers

Peter

really nice work - loaded into the pit this morning to give it a run through. Once its finished searching there's no load on the CPU which is a really good thing.

Couple of bugs/limitations/things to watch for:

1. Need to start the program once the sim is up and running. Not a biggie, but may be worth retrying every 5 seconds or so until the sim is found. That way you can start the program before getting into the sim

2. The CMSP (and I think CSMC) won't 'find' the display data if you launch the program when the EW panel is off, even if it is turned on later.

Neither of these are reasons not to use this code, its a huge step forward, thanks again for sharing, really nice work.

Cheers

Peter

Thank you for testing it.

I have located the bugs you reported and have corrected me. You should now find either the CMSC and CMSP. The program now activated you can leave without having the active dcs, as running the game will take a few seconds to warn that you found, but only when the cockpit is fully loaded, not before.

Thank you for testing it.

I have located the bugs you reported and have corrected me. You should now find either the CMSC and CMSP. The program now activated you can leave without having the active dcs, as running the game will take a few seconds to warn that you found, but only when the cockpit is fully loaded, not before.

Awesome I'll give it a run today.

Thanks again

Peter

Awesome work - handles sim restarts beautifully as CMSP does what it should. Time for me to modify my OLED drivers to receive data from this.

Only one little issue I've found (and again its nt a biggie)

When programming the CMSP the characters flick on the value you are setting, currently the exported text stays solid.

Again amazing work,

Happy days - working like a charm, CMSP running,this will definitely get me a few fps, and is much more reliable than OCR.

cheers

Peter

Edited by bnepethomas

Hi Crivi

I finally got to test the flashing characters, still looks like we have may an issue. I'm using the exe and dll dated 9/3 4:42am but still see solid characters.

Its still awesome that this exported, things are running awesome.

If I could have for one more feature request, can we get the mode from the Chaff Flare Window - this isn't the A,B,C modes but the X, M, S, A that change as the mode switch is moved.

Cheers

Peter

and here's the result of your code, thanks again

file_zpsaf5f7f5d.jpg

file_zpsf695ee93.jpg

It is awesome.

Flickering in my case it works. It must be that I have not updated either. Now I have updated everything again to add what you've told me that out among the chaff and flare.

In DCSExtract.cs:

public static bool ScanCMSC (ref string chaff, ref string separator, ref string flare, ref string jmr, mws ref string, ref bool unwrapthreats, ref bool unwrapsymbols)

separator for dividing point chaff and flare.

Edited by Crivi

Program for export data (uv26, pvi, pui800) for dcs ka50

Fantastic. What a great addition to the section! Would it be too soon Peter to ask how you got it to the display board? I've got a Gadroc CMSP that I'd like to fill out the display on.

Edited by MacFevre

Buttons aren't toys! :smilewink:

My new Version 2 Pit: MacFevre A-10C SimPit V2

My first pit thread: A-10C Simulator Pit "The TARDIS."

Dzus Fastener tutorial, on the inexpensive side: DIY Dzus Fastener

Fantastic. What a great addition to the section! Would it be too soon Peter to ask how you got it to the display board? I've got a Gadroc CMSP that I'd like to fill out the display on.

What I did was slightly modify Crivi's framework -

Here's the modified copy https://code.google.com/p/bne-dcs-extract-master/

Added speech alerts - so I knew when DCS had been discovered, and then when scanning is complete

On each cycle then export values of text boxes in a UDP Packet to an intermediate filter

The intermediate filter (which I need to upload) looks at deltas in displayed values and only sends differences, this reduces the load on the Ardunio. It sends the data over a UDP socket to the Ardunio receiver.

Finally the Ardunio receiver

https://code.google.com/p/bne-arduino-multi-oled-receiver/

Receives UDP packets, determines which display they should be displayed, and then throughs them down the comm port to the Ardunio.

The Ardunio sketch is also in the project.

I'll aim to upload the intermediate filter today.

Cheers

Peter

• Like 1