The Valley - A-10C Version [SP Campaign]

OOOwie, u can do Coop vs AI?? :D Wow, I love that.

Regarding the campaign. I LOVE IT! Tho, its a pain in the ass to start from the parking area, atleast if you are like me and get hit by long range SAM's all the time... -.-

Like 15 attemps on the mission when ur gonna destroy like 3 APC's and 1 MBT. So now I just do automati startup and fast forward :p

X-55 Rhino guide to configure the Mouse Nipple to work as TDC slew!

My rig

AMD FX-8320 @ 4.4GHz

8GB RAM

R9 270x 2GB

SSD

Win 8.1 Pro

Tho, its a pain in the ass to start from the parking area, atleast if you are like me and get hit by long range SAM's all the time... -.-

Sounds like a good opportunity to brush up on your SAM evasion skills :D

I think Falcon 4 had a pretty good solution where the player could pick cold start (*), start from runway or air-start prior to a mission. Too bad DCS hasn't implemented that yet.

Personally though, I always like to pick cold start. Naturally, I'm in favor of this choice. ;)

(*) I think cold start was first implemented in SuperPak 3; definitely wasn't available in Vanilla.

• 5 years later...
This is the A-10A Campaign (available in FC 3 and A-10A Module) converted to use A-10C.

Original description:

Enemy forces have occupied the Ozurgeti valley in southwest Georgia after a quick and bloody occupation invasion. Friendly forces at company strength are now stationed south of Kobuleti and will push north and then east to push the enemy forces out of the valley to the east.

Tactical air will be critical in providing both Forward Edge of Battle (FEBA) Close Air Support (CAS) and behind the FEBA interdiction strike missions.

Features:

• 10 stages long, 2 missions per stage
  • In the weeds - the sky is protected by a pair of Buk SAM, so you have to fly low.

Changes from the A-10A Version

• Ramp Start - all missions start on ramp. Other flights will be activate once you're airborne, so you can go through your start-up procedure at your own pace
  • Tors disabled – The Tor SAM systems in the last two missions were disabled because the AI SEAD is too unreliable.
  • Easy Mode – You can use the custom radio item (F10- Other) to decrease the difficulty. This will disable the Buk system behind the ridge, allowing you to fly in higher altitudes, significantly lowering the mission difficulty.

Note: I'm not the original author of this campaign and all I've done is the conversion from A-10A to A-10C

Installation:

Download the zip file and extract it to DCS Saves Folder\Missions\Campaigns\en\

The campaign should appear in campaigns under 'user' tab

Download:

http://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/602596/

Enjoy and please report any bugs you'll find. :)

Hi, has anyone got this converted campaign available, and working in DCS 2.5? The download link is dead, the original camaign in FC3 was a blast, and with the new cockpit I'd like to try it again with the A-10C.

Thanks

Paul