Finally Upgraded my GFX

Guys,

I finally jumped in and purchased a Asus 780TI. Im so happy that i wanted to share the info. Honestly i have never had a Nvidia before and im really clueless on how to set the settings for DCS. As of now, my Nvidia Control panel is left in its default settings and not sure what i should activate and not activate. Any help on this is very much appreciated. By the why, should i install Nvidia Inspector?

Thank you

:thumbup::(

If you want Peace, be prepared to fight for it ! :pilotfly:

Try the Adaptive Vsync, fps drops are much smoother and cleaner.

HP G2 Reverb, Windows 10 VR settings: IPD is 64.5mm, High image quality, G2 reset to 60Hz refresh rate. OpenXR, Open XR tool kit disabled.

DCS: Pixel Density 1.0, Forced IPD at 55 (perceived world size), 0 X MSAA, 0 X SSAA. My real IPD is 64.5mm. Prescription VROptition lenses installed. VR Driver system: I9-9900KS 5Ghz CPU. XI Hero motherboard and RTX 3090 graphics card, 64 gigs Ram, No OC.

Vaicom user. Virpil Mongoose base CM3 & Mongoose stick CM2 (not set for dead stick), Virpil TCS with apache Grip. MFG pedals with damper upgrade. Total controls Apache MPDs set to virtual Reality height. Simshaker Jet Pro vibration seat.. Uses data from DCS not sound.

• 2 weeks later...
Guys,

I finally jumped in and purchased a Asus 780TI. Im so happy that i wanted to share the info. Honestly i have never had a Nvidia before and im really clueless on how to set the settings for DCS. As of now, my Nvidia Control panel is left in its default settings and not sure what i should activate and not activate. Any help on this is very much appreciated. By the why, should i install Nvidia Inspector?

Thank you

:thumbup::(

nVidia has a Profile for DCS...

I'd recommend leaving nVidia CP Settings alone and just use DCS to Change options.

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

there is a DCS Black Shark profile for DCS.exe that is embedded in nVidia's drivers.

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

Leave the profile settings of the games in the driver config at default. (in most cases)

If you are just curious , and want to explore a little as to what settings the nvidia driver uses for each game, you can click "manage 3d settings" .

It's the one in the middle of the top 3 , i say this because it may be called differently in english.

There, you can select any game that is installed on your computer (and all games that exist and are NOT installed) , and see what settings are used. (and change them individually if you want to)

You will find that most settings will be set at "application controlled" , meaning that the driver does not override the in game settings.

However, if you're playing a game, and you are not satisfied with the amount of say Anti Aliasing it offers, then you can change it to ridiculous amounts in the driver if you want to :)

This is very usefull for older games, that you never could run properly, and now DO have the horsepower to crank sh^t up :)

It is also usefull for console ports, that sometimes have horrible graphic settings like "crap" and "less crap" . ("high" and "low")

Anyway, you will love nvidia drivers very soon, i personally think they are miles ahead of ati drivers, not to mention updated every month .

If a new big game comes out and there's no profile yet for optimal performance ? A hotfix will be written by nvidia guys within days .

Anyway, that is one brutal card, i'm a little jelly . Have fun with it :smilewink:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]