Program start hangs on Starforce window

Floyd

Ok a few more responses and I think we can peg this to Dual Core issues....

but why 1.12a and not 1.12?

There was a new version of protect.dll released with 1.12a. I think it would be safe to assume that that is where the problem is. I can't get my hands on 1.12 at the moment so maybe someone else can check to see what happens if you apply the 1.12a patch but keep the protect.dll file from 1.12.

I've already tried it with the 1.1 versions of SF on 1.12a but needless to say it was futile. Had I access to 1.12 I would'a tried it already (should hopefully have it later today but will only get to test tonight.) Chances are slim but there's no harm in trying!

As you correctly assumed, SF 's blocking Lockon once again. I had to uninstall and reinstall lomac and Flaming Cliff. I'm going to stay with FC 1.1 so far (I need to check SU25T tutorials :) ) and go to 1.12 after that. The issue is related to 1.12a with StarForce, at least that's what I reasonably presume.

Cheers

150GCT_Manta

http://www.150gct.it/

Hmmm... so much for trying to get the SF included in 1.12 working with FC 1.12a. I patched to 1.12a the replaced the SF files (protect.exe and protect.dll) with those from the 1.12 patch. Whilst SF now actually worked, Lomac.exe sorta "terminated unexpectedly"! :(

Will Black Shark have Starforce? i hope not....

Doenst Ubisoft realize the damage its doing to its good name associating itself with this product? Does anyone know if Black Shark will have Starforce? Im anxiously awaiting it, but after the problems with Flaming Cliffs, i may have to go without.

It must not be a Dual Core issue cause it happends to me too. I have a p4 3.6 HT.

But like the previous caller said, don't do anything when the SF screen comes up. It appears to hang at 30% or so, but after a few minutes it WILL load the game. Still a problem I know, but it will load. be patiant till they fix it.

Doenst Ubisoft realize the damage its doing to its good name associating itself with this product? Does anyone know if Black Shark will have Starforce? Im anxiously awaiting it, but after the problems with Flaming Cliffs, i may have to go without.

:D Don't you worry, Ubisoft is very capable in damaging it's own "good" name all by it's self. The peeps at ED saved LOMAC nuf said.

It must not be a Dual Core issue cause it happends to me too. I have a p4 3.6 HT.

Try to disable HT in your BIOS and try again. Maybe that helps?

I've sent an error report to StarForce today - let's wait.

Now, that was VERY fast. Not only that ED's support replied to my mail

within a few hours :icon_syda - I'd sent the mail with an error report

to SF and got a reply 15 minutes later :icon_excl

The mail included some sort of license(?) string i had to type in when

SF window prompted me. Game started and runs now okie dokie with

or w/o disc inserted.

You can generate the error report when you press the disc eject button

while the program hangs. SF will show some sort of 'info' button, click that

and select 'show error report'. An editor window will show up with all info.

Send that to support@star-force.com, including a short problem

description.

I will not post the string here because i have no permission to do so and

i think it's coded for my disc anyway.

Ok, I did get a reply from SF. I used the string and it works :D . Set the date to 2006-03-09 and FC asked for the disc and I did not have any problems. SF read the disc just fine.

So please if you have the same problem like I did, follow Floyd's advice. It just might work. If not SF will get more info and fix it ( I really really really hope).

I had the same problem.. Here

Alex at star-force had me d/l a 30meg zip file that overwrites serveral files.

The problem appears to be resolved for me...

email support@star-force.com..

describe the problem and include the debugtxt file that'll prompt you to generate when you manually eject the cd.....

now if we can get the F15 sst and tws to work like it used to .....

Thanks,

Brett

168th_FUDD..

how did you come about it being a dual processor issue?

you were right on the nose....

as per Alex at starforce... it was due to the the dual core AMD processor that I have (AMD 64x2 4400).

Thanks,

Brett