Looking for a few volunteers / beta testers

Ok, here we go... first flight of mission01 v.01

Because this is a conversion to Su25T others may have different expierences

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x1u7od1_enemy-within-01-1280x720

Overall a classic intro into a campaign. I liked it. And i liked the little things (realistic weather-data, surprisingly well done audio clips

despite text to speech, scenerie at Kobuliti etc.)

Edited by xentxo

I'm definitely in the mood for this kind of thing, rather than just WWIII-lite stuff :P I'll give this campaign a shot tonight and let ya know if I find any issues!

EDIT: As said above, can confirm that parking the plane leads to a mission failure :( The default campaign end-message is actually pretty humorous given that parking the plane is labeled dishonorable and leads to catastrophic campaign failure apparently! :P

Edited by Nerdwing

Hi,

so here are my findings for Mission 1. Downloaded it yesterday evening (German time zone), so i don't know what version it actually is...

- could not end mission with success (as others mentioned)

- one aircraft of first group blocks the taxiway after landing; turns right at end of runway an halts in front of the C130s

- one aicraft (don't know which group) goes nuts (up and down "flipper style") then crashes when approaching runway

I did not land "in order" but as the third aircraft...maybe thats why others go nuts...? :music_whistling:

BTW Very nice intro for a campaign...i like it

Cheers

Andreas

Thanks for the feedback! I managed to fix the end of first mission finally, and will upload it later today. As for other planes going nuts or blocking the path it happened to me too yesterday, I think I will just need to make the player's flight land first :) and move C130 to another spot I guess.

Since you probably won't like to repeat the first mission (not much is going on there after all), could you try others as single missions? the campaign doesn't really branch at this stage (begins to do so around M8 in second part which is WIP), so you won't loose much apart from slight differences in the briefings reflecting the outcome of previous ones.

Thanks once again!

***EDIT***

Now mission 1 should work properly and stop breaking the campaign (at least in my tests it dead): version 0.3

Edited by baltic_dragon
ce535d_9d347b62819c4372b3c485a4f95d2004~mv2.png

went to try the su-25T version, but you made a boo boo and made the 1 SU-25T an AI and not a client, but even before that the briefing basically made everything your trying to do to fit a SU-25T in unplausable... I think its better if you just design for A-10C, since many things seem A-10C specific. sorry.

also i looked through the 4 missions and realized your really going for an atmosphere setting and not so much any action (besides some infantry and maybe some BMPs which i would find very dull) what i would suggest is breathing A LOT more life into the area of operations around the tasks.. it just seems very very barebones and barren with no life to it at all -- and for me this is a huge turnoff. The mission may appeal to those starting out but anyone hardened a bit maybe left wanting a lil.

this is tough criticism I know, I always encourage people to be tough on my missions and to tell me what they think of it as well, without a candy coat and I'm just doing this for you so that you may flesh out the area of operations a little more and to push the designer in you a lil more.

- in intro mission there was a double radio transmission the welcoming message about entering the warzone

just not my cup of tea, but wish you the best of luck.

Edited by =LFC=Chameleon_Silk

For the first part of "OperatioN Hammerfall", my radio stopped receiving after I'd destroyed the last enemy Inf unit near the primary target. I'd already blown up the 4 trucks (CBU-105's rule :P)

I only received the ability to communicate with ATC when on final approach to Kobuleti, and at that same time I received several simultaneous text updates onscreen regarding the status of the enemy leader post-strike. So it sort of fired off 5 replies to Request Landing I'd sent to ATC, as well as the 2 post-strike messages you get upon killing targets simultaneously.

Is there some way to slew my TGP to the mosque-area precisely? I use labels currently since I'm not the best player, but that kind of ability would help alot here.

All in all, very nice mission. The one before (rescue the Heli, provide CAS) was very fun and went smoothly as well.

Hi,

downloaded your v0.3 last evening and flew first mission again.

This time i was able to end it with success, but...

...one A-10 still blocks the taxiway and another one goes nuts after approaching the runway (as mentioned before).

I also noticed, that the AI can not do a "double-landing". Each time the two aircrafts of one wing try to land together they go full throttle just before touchdown and do a new approach alone. So if player wants to land in the right order he has to wait very long in traffic pattern...

Cheers

Andreas

went to try the su-25T version, but you made a boo boo and made the 1 SU-25T an AI and not a client, but even before that the briefing basically made everything your trying to do to fit a SU-25T in unplausable... I think its better if you just design for A-10C, since many things seem A-10C specific. sorry.

also i looked through the 4 missions and realized your really going for an atmosphere setting and not so much any action (besides some infantry and maybe some BMPs which i would find very dull) what i would suggest is breathing A LOT more life into the area of operations around the tasks.. it just seems very very barebones and barren with no life to it at all -- and for me this is a huge turnoff. The mission may appeal to those starting out but anyone hardened a bit maybe left wanting a lil.

this is tough criticism I know, I always encourage people to be tough on my missions and to tell me what they think of it as well, without a candy coat and I'm just doing this for you so that you may flesh out the area of operations a little more and to push the designer in you a lil more.

- in intro mission there was a double radio transmission the welcoming message about entering the warzone

just not my cup of tea, but wish you the best of luck.

Well, yes - I warned before that I am going for atmosphere and (I hope) realism - which will lead to missions more focused on story and immersion as opposed to hot action (in truth - how much action can you expect against the terrorists? Though at later stages I have some nice surprises down the sleeve).

And also - I only own A10 and have never flown SU25. Then I realized that Su25T is the one without armament, and I do agree that Su25 does not fit well into the story.

Thanks for your remarks, I will definitely try to make things more interesting in the next part of the campaign I am now working on, with some twist in the storyline that will enable more action. If you want, I could send you some of the new missions to test - you would just have to change the client into Su25 in mission editor yourself.

As for the double radio transmission, it happens randomly and I can't figure out why, guess it is some sort of a bug.

Anyhow, all feedback appreciated.

For the first part of "OperatioN Hammerfall", my radio stopped receiving after I'd destroyed the last enemy Inf unit near the primary target. I'd already blown up the 4 trucks (CBU-105's rule :P)

I only received the ability to communicate with ATC when on final approach to Kobuleti, and at that same time I received several simultaneous text updates onscreen regarding the status of the enemy leader post-strike. So it sort of fired off 5 replies to Request Landing I'd sent to ATC, as well as the 2 post-strike messages you get upon killing targets simultaneously.

Is there some way to slew my TGP to the mosque-area precisely? I use labels currently since I'm not the best player, but that kind of ability would help alot here.

All in all, very nice mission. The one before (rescue the Heli, provide CAS) was very fun and went smoothly as well.

Thanks for the feedback!

Glad the 3rd one worked well, I will look into the radio issue in Mission 4. To have a success you have to call in the Georgian armored platoon using F10 - did that work for you? Could you PM me some more details on what exactly happened there?

As for the return, there must be something wrong, as you should only get one update - depending on what happened to the trucks. I will check that as well.

As for slewing the TGP what I would recommend is to create a markpoint over it once you find it (it is directly below WP3 if I remember correctly). You can even create separate markpoints for separate MANPADS.

Hi,

downloaded your v0.3 last evening and flew first mission again.

This time i was able to end it with success, but...

...one A-10 still blocks the taxiway and another one goes nuts after approaching the runway (as mentioned before).

I also noticed, that the AI can not do a "double-landing". Each time the two aircrafts of one wing try to land together they go full throttle just before touchdown and do a new approach alone. So if player wants to land in the right order he has to wait very long in traffic pattern...

Cheers

Andreas

I have changed it, but will try tonight if it works - I think that one of the Humvees was blocking the final part of taxi. I also moved player to be the second flight to land, otherwise there was too much traffic in the air. I'll check how it works, wait for some comments on other missions and then update the download.

Any plans to extend the campaign to coop ?

I could certainly do that once I release the final, relatively bug-free version of the SP. I never created a MP mission, but there wouldn't have to be too many changes, in some message triggers / communication with wingmen perhaps.

All well in the second mission, apart from subtitles sometimes not displaying. The mission was a bit boring, to be honest, but I guess it's because it's single player. With a friend it would have been cool to do some acrobatic maneuver here and there. Going to test the third one in the week end

All well in the second mission, apart from subtitles sometimes not displaying. The mission was a bit boring, to be honest, but I guess it's because it's single player. With a friend it would have been cool to do some acrobatic maneuver here and there. Going to test the third one in the week end

Well, guess you are right, Tblisi is really far from Kobuleti :) . That gave me an idea, I'll try to shorten mission two a bit.

Xentho, thx for the map - will definetely use it!

Alright, version 0.4 is up!

Fixes:

- M1: I've solved the issue with A10 stopping before finishing taxiing to the parking spot. It was caused by the comm tower placed too close to the runway. Still, I found it only after I altered the flight order, so now it is the player (being a squadron commander) landing first in Kobuleti. Dialogue options have been altered accordingly.

-M2: some changes taking into account Saruman's advice - the mission seemed to be too long and well, it still can be - but doesn't have to (if you are unlucky, or lucky - depending how you look at it).

-Other missions: some polishing and typos removal.

- M5: added some new dialogues, but there is no sound recorder for them as of yet. That will be added quite soon.

Enjoy! New version to be found here.

Mission 2 v0.3:

- Give us some flightplans for navigation and fuel calculation in the briefing (before cockpit enter)

Something like this (fuel calc here for su-25T), for kneeboard use

193290.png

- threat analysis/situation is missing

- low level show flight in a "War zone, where the enemy is capeable of everything" (quote from mission 1) , to put it mildly, is not very logic. We are speaking here of 100 000 000$ waste of tax and 4 pilots.

My planning before my first flight of mission 2

Kneeboard for Su-25T

469877.png

Hi,

I've flown all the missions and have a few things I think would help.

In mission 3: I can't get Pontiac (Mi24) to engage the enemy. Also, when the Hueys land, they slowly slide down the slope, and take out some of the friendly infantry.

In mission 4: The "landing" trigger has the condition "unit inside zone" set to APC 1 instead of Player.

In mission 5: the recon plane (Pontiac) gets shot down without even putting up a fight. Was this intended? Also, the flight plan, if followed, lands you back at Kutaisi, but the mission goal is set at Kobuleti, which is also where you take off.

In mission 6: the strike team have trouble navigating their waypoints with the river to traverse. For me, they went up the eastern side of the river, all the way to the top and back down the other side. They then proceeded to start climbing the side of the mountains and stopped half way up. I also think that their should be a little more resistance at the base, so that the strike team has some difficulty if you don't first clear it out. Maybe some infantry with rpg's, or a bmp or two.

Some general things:

For some missions, the callsign isn't correctly set for the player.

With the weapon loadouts, some of the weapons are training weapons as opposed to the standard versions (TGM instead of AGM)

I'd suggest making it slightly harder to find the targets in the mountains, instead of slaving the target pod to the waypoint. I liked the bullseye referencing in missions 3, which I used to find the Mi24. I think it adds to the immersion.

I really enjoyed this campaign and it's story. I think you did a really good job with creating each mission and making sure they were all unique from each other. Although I think mission 7 could be fleshed out a bit more, and it also feels a bit short. But I hope you keep up the good work, I can't wait for the second part of this campaign, and I hope these things were actually helpful for you :)

• Like 1

Hi,

I've flown all the missions and have a few things I think would help.

In mission 3: I can't get Pontiac (Mi24) to engage the enemy. Also, when the Hueys land, they slowly slide down the slope, and take out some of the friendly infantry.

In mission 4: The "landing" trigger has the condition "unit inside zone" set to APC 1 instead of Player.

In mission 5: the recon plane (Pontiac) gets shot down without even putting up a fight. Was this intended? Also, the flight plan, if followed, lands you back at Kutaisi, but the mission goal is set at Kobuleti, which is also where you take off.

In mission 6: the strike team have trouble navigating their waypoints with the river to traverse. For me, they went up the eastern side of the river, all the way to the top and back down the other side. They then proceeded to start climbing the side of the mountains and stopped half way up. I also think that their should be a little more resistance at the base, so that the strike team has some difficulty if you don't first clear it out. Maybe some infantry with rpg's, or a bmp or two.

Some general things:

For some missions, the callsign isn't correctly set for the player.

With the weapon loadouts, some of the weapons are training weapons as opposed to the standard versions (TGM instead of AGM)

I'd suggest making it slightly harder to find the targets in the mountains, instead of slaving the target pod to the waypoint. I liked the bullseye referencing in missions 3, which I used to find the Mi24. I think it adds to the immersion.

I really enjoyed this campaign and it's story. I think you did a really good job with creating each mission and making sure they were all unique from each other. Although I think mission 7 could be fleshed out a bit more, and it also feels a bit short. But I hope you keep up the good work, I can't wait for the second part of this campaign, and I hope these things were actually helpful for you :)

Thanks! Most helpful! I will work on final touches, including the data you gave me (really, appreciate it!) and then I think I will release the campaign to the public, while working on the second part (2 missions are more or less ready so far, if you're interested in trying them separately let me know).

As for your remarks to the missions above:

For Pontiac in M3, it is quite random, sometimes it works well, sometimes they just return to base. These are AI limitations, but I'll try to play with that a bit more. As for Huey's funny, I played it yesterday and they landed nicely, deploying their troops. But I will try to find a more level place for them then!

M4 - thanks, will fix it.

M5 - I am thinking about getting rid of Pontiac altogether, it is totally useless (calls out contacts once in few games, and gets shot more often than not, not having any CMS). Or I might turn it into AFAC, but this is player's role in this mission... LOL with the Kutaisi, stupid mistake. Will fix it - thanks!

M6 - again, never happened to me, but will check it. Good idea with more resistance, will work on it a bit more.

For weapons load out I will also take a look, sometimes when I open the editor the mission just forgets the settings and assigns a first available loadout.

As for the targets - some are known beforehand (like the Mosque), so it should be under the waypoint. Bulls calls might be made for M3 and M5 (in 6 enemy was spotted beforehand), although in M5 it's player's task to find the target and mark it for the Georgians.

M7 - will look into it, perhaps something more can be done. In fact, I have an idea...

Anyways, big thanks once again!

Mission 2 v0.3:

- Give us some flightplans for navigation and fuel calculation in the briefing (before cockpit enter)

Something like this (fuel calc here for su-25T), for kneeboard use

193290.png

- threat analysis/situation is missing

- low level show flight in a "War zone, where the enemy is capeable of everything" (quote from mission 1) , to put it mildly, is not very logic. We are speaking here of 100 000 000$ waste of tax and 4 pilots.

My planning before my first flight of mission 2

Kneeboard for Su-25T

469877.png

Thanks! I will include some of the ideas before the final release :) Appreciate the help!

Thank everyone for their time and contributions! I have created a new thread with the final (I hope) version of the campaign.

Should anyone be interested in helping me with part 2 (playtesting single missions rather than the whole campaign), please PM me. Some of the ideas posted here didn't make it to the first page, but will be used in the second one (especially ideas from xentxo).

Thank you all once again!