employing rockets...

dooom

seems a bit odd to me and I'm having issues understanding it.

1 - uncage mechanical sight,

2 - set rocket depression angle

3 - set wind control to rockets/guns

4 - set sight selector to rockets

5 - set intervalometer (... i can't find this anywhere??!?!?)

6 - set rocket count (rear left console)

7 - set rocket release selection and fuzing.

8 - dive from 5k

9 - hold sight fixed (caged) (... but for how long??!?)

10 - release caging ... sight floats, hold pipper on target , sight *seems* to smooth out.

release and miss.... by alot.

Anyone figure this out yet with any consistency?

ASUS Tuf Gaming Pro x570 / AMD Ryzen 7 5800X @ 3.8 / XFX Radeon 6900 XT / 64 GB DDR4 3200 

"This was not in the Manual I did not read", cried the Noob" - BMBM, WWIIOL

5 - set intervalometer (... i can't find this anywhere??!?!?)

Turn on tooltips when you cannot find things, then turn it off again.

It is by itself, near your left hip, a little dial.

(probably the control you refer to in step 6)

Edited by chokko

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

can't get rockets to fire

For the life of me I can't get the rockets to launch from my F86.

I've read the quick start guide, and my loadout is HVARx2*8

Is there a trick to it. I have weapons release both mapped to ralt-space and my weapons release button on the HOTAS.

I perform the following actions

after take-off

set gun-missile safety switch to GUNS

set sight selector to rockets

rocket depression angle to 30 degs

Over target

uncage sight mechanically

cage sight electrically

dive from 5k

uncage electrically over target

after some time depress weapons release (have tried quick push-and-release or long push, have tried HOTAS button and ralt-space)

No reaction:( Will the rockets only fire if there is a sufficient lock on target, or should they fire in any case?

Please help, is there a tutorial video out there?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Intel Core I7 4820K @4.3 GHz, Asus P9X79 motherboard, 16 GB RAM @ 933 MHz, NVidia GTX 1070 with 8 GB VRAM, Windows 10 Pro

The is a little red covered switch on the rocket panel in front of the stick. Flip it open and click the switch down to the auto position.

Should be good to go.

Edit: It's step 7 from the above post.

Rocket_Release.JPG.a10952729f208aaa8d97a6e1a5a11bae.JPG

Edited by txmtb

Win 10 64 Pro, MSI Z390 I7-9700K @5ghz Kraken Z63, 32Gb Corsair Dominator, MSI RTX-2070, 1TB NVME 2TB SSD's, TM Warthog, Pro Rudders, OpenTrack w/ IR Clip

The is a little red covered switch on the rocket panel in front of the stick. Flip it open and click the switch down to the auto position.

Should be good to go.

Edit: It's step 7 from the above post.

Thanks man, that did the trick.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Intel Core I7 4820K @4.3 GHz, Asus P9X79 motherboard, 16 GB RAM @ 933 MHz, NVidia GTX 1070 with 8 GB VRAM, Windows 10 Pro

For me weapons release seems to be locked to the trigger of my TM HOTAS stick. I have mapped it to the button I normally use on the HOTAS but no joy... Tried clearing keybinds for it and then remapped with same result. I can only fire rockets using the trigger.

Any suggestions?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

My computer specs below:

CPU: Intel Core i5 3570K@4.2GHz | CPU Cooler: Corsair Hydro H100 | GPU: MSI Nvidia GTX 680 2GB Lightning 2GB VRAM @1.3GHz | RAM: 16GB Corsair Vengeance LP DDR3 1600 | SSD 1: Corsair Force 3 120GB (SATA 6) | SSD 2: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB (SATA 6) | Hybrid disc: Seagate Momentus Hybrid 500/4GB (SATA 3) | Keyboard: QPAD MK-85 | Mouse: QPAD 5K LE | TrackIR 5 + Track Clip Pro | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | MFG Crosswind | OS: Win7/64

Rockets or missiles? The trigger should fire guns or missiles depending on which is selected, the weapons release button should drop bombs or fire the rockets depending on which is selected on the panels.

Trigger should be mapped to Gun Fire, and weapons release to another button.

Edited by txmtb

Win 10 64 Pro, MSI Z390 I7-9700K @5ghz Kraken Z63, 32Gb Corsair Dominator, MSI RTX-2070, 1TB NVME 2TB SSD's, TM Warthog, Pro Rudders, OpenTrack w/ IR Clip

Love the Sabre, hate the Quickstart guide. Its like they were in the middle of copying some shit to paste into another area of the manual but did change anything in the pasting data and modified some headers but didnt have the right information under the rockets section. I hope my rant was as confusing and incomplete as the quickstart guide. Yes, the little switch under the hat switch is all I really need to do to activate rockets. Why the hell didnt the quickstart guide say THAT?

HawgDawg4life of MSFlights.net

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

did anybody find the line in the controls options to map the switch for missiles/guns?i could only find the rockets selector switch, but not the one responsible for switching between guns and missiles.

I'd like to know that too.

Gigabyte Z490 Gaming X | i5 10600K@4700 | 32 Gb DDR4 @ 3200Mhz | Gigabyte Aorus GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11G |

MONITOR IIYAMA 24,5" LED LCD @ 1920 x 1080 | Windows 11

| Saitek X-55 Rhino | TrackIR 5 Pro