flight dynamic changed?

theropod

did anyone noticed that the flight model changed after 1.2.9? it does not enter flat and reverse spin with CAS controls on and off position anymore.

if you force it to enter spin aircraft correct its self very quick.

before patch there was dangerous spins and challenging recovery but now non of them exists.

if i am not wrong 1.2.9 patch changelog was not about fixes or corrections about fc3 or other addons but it seems that they have changed some things.

Unfortunately I don't know exactly, but I think it's an attempt to fix up rudder authority/lateral forces.

yes there was a thread about rudder and pitch effectiveness and one guy complain about unrecoverable spins but i wrote him that he is wrong because all spins were recoverable.

we'll understand when 2.0.0 released.

I let go of my stick and decrease throttle and 9 out of 10 times it gets out of the spin by itself :)

it can be acceptable if cas on but unfortunately it is same with all cas functions on or off.

i missed challenging recoveries:(

Oh man the vibration effect was on my top 3 list for DCS. Thanks you so much Belsimtek! (Or whoever did this).

I'm loving it, such a simple but AWESOME addition to make it so much more realistic.

VR Cockpit (link):

Custom Throttletek F/A-18C Throttle w/ Hall Sensors + Otto switches | Slaw Device RX Viper Pedals w/ Damper | VPC T-50 Base + 15cm Black Sahaj Extension + TM Hornet or Warthog Grip | Super Warthog Wheel Stand Pro | Steelcase Leap V2 + JetSeat SE

VR Rig:

Pimax 5K+ | ASUS ROG Strix 1080Ti | Intel i7-9700K | Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master | Corsair H115i RGB Platinum | 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 3200 | Dell U3415W Curved 3440x1440

Can you give me some test parameters?

I'll check it out. Sounds wrong-ish, but I could easily be pretty wrong myself :)

I noticed you can get fast lateral oscillations at extreme speed... what's that about? Rudder flutter?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

Around 800IAS you should lose your ailerons if you try to use them. But I don't know about the other control surfaces, and I'm not convinced there should be instability.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

I also noticed that, around 800 indicated I was getting oscillations.

I can confirm also. F-15 after 1.2.9 gets into fast yaw oscillations in supersonic flight. In external view substantial oscillating rudder deflections can be seen.

MSI GTX 770 2GB -> 1920x1200, MSI H97M, Xeon 1231v3, 16GB

Can you give me some test parameters?

Make a dive from high altitude to the deck with full afterburners so that you get about 1.4M at sea level. The plane should start oscillating in yaw axis pretty violently at that speed (looking it from big screen is uncomfortable). I had 2-3 Sidewinders on wings but otherwise clean plane when I discovered this. Also rudder use will start a decaying oscillation above 1.1M but it seemed to become self sustaining only above 1.2-1.3M.

DCS Finland: Suomalainen DCS yhteisö -- Finnish DCS community

--------------------------------------------------

SF Squadron

if you test manoeuvers with CAS on or off position,those problems shows that CAS has no overall function on aircraft. it takes only superficial

control on aircraft and makes yaw pitch and roll movements a little deeper.

we can expect all those corrections on next updates.

Edited by theropod

High'ish altitude flying is now even more unstable and unpredictable than it was with 1.2.8

@ 30.000 feet and 500 knots one would expect you can pull 1 G without going in a violent roll

You may wanna rethink your phrasing. I haven't flown it since the update, but I have a really hard time believing ya can't fly straight and level at FL 300 and 500 kts.