Wondering if I should buy

Which other DCS do you have? The black shark is easier to fly than other helos, but there is a lot more hands on stuff to do and plenty to learn. I would definitely get it if I were you, there is plenty of challenge in this chopper and a good amount of enjoyment. I would recommend BigfootMSR's training missions and some cockpit and sound mods for a totally immersive experience!

And I will add that Ka-50 has the best singleplayer experience, as it has 2 great campaigns which are somewhat story driven, and another which is more focussed on random missions.

• Like 1

RTX 2070 8GB | 32GB DDR4 2666 RAM | AMD Ryzen 5 3600 4.2Ghz | Asrock X570 | CH Fighterstick/Pro Throttle | TM MFDs | TrackIR 5

Mixed reviews? About the module or the shark itself? Because the module is on par with A10C. The quality is stellar.

Now, weither people reviewing it like the shark or not is a different story. It certainly is a very different beast and may not please pure helo flying afficionados. For those, the Huey is the way to go.

If you were refering to the way your Rhino would fit the module specifically, don't worry. It will handle well enough ;)

I can recommend it also. I have learned to fly it in few days. Mastering it is quite challenging especially when it comes to combat engagement and target finding before they find you. The quality is on par with A-10

The only real problem I have is the trimmer. It just takes too much time to trimm the chopper properly. I have no such issue in Huey for example.

Do, or do not, there is no try.

--------------------------------------------------------

Sapphire Nitro+ Rx Vega 64, i7 4790K ... etc. etc.

Try EECH 2 Desert Operations with PPJoy and GlovePIE using my scripts. If you find the flight experience is too boring, in spite of it feeling pretty darn close to X-Plane with the Comanche helo, Artificial Stability, and Yaw Damping turned on, maybe better than that since you don't have to screw with slight roll or tail trimming in EECH with GlovePIE, then go for Blackshark.

Blackshark is a lot of effort to fly and you may or may not want that. The EECH campaigns have a lot more variety and feel more engaging, but the gauge as to whether you'll enjoy Blackshark enough has more to do, I believe, with the flight model. If you like EECH2DO and don't need the stereoscopic, then the modified version of EECH1 is actually better and less buggy than EECH2, aside from its ugly terrain. EECH2DO has really nice terrain textures and a gorgeous (in my opinion) low-requirement graphics engine.

Personally, I like all three for different reasons...

EECH2DO has the most FBW feel with a lot of power and crisp, fast graphics.

EECH1 (modded version) is now more realistically power-limited on the weaker helos and has more realistic weapons than EECH2DO with my GWUT.

And Blackshark has both realistic weapons, good but taxing graphics, and a very laborious flight model that is definitely an approximation of an old hybrid SAS flight control system.

Edited by Reticuli

X65 and X52, Glide, Winx3D, and GlovePIE Profiles http://library.avsim.net/search.php?SearchTerm=reticuli&CatID=miscmisc

http://library.avsim.net/register.php

X52 + Silicone Grease = JOY stick

The only real problem I have is the trimmer. It just takes too much time to trimm the chopper properly. I have no such issue in Huey for example.

With the trimmer you hold it down until you are alying straight and level, or however you want to fly, and then you release.

RTX 2070 8GB | 32GB DDR4 2666 RAM | AMD Ryzen 5 3600 4.2Ghz | Asrock X570 | CH Fighterstick/Pro Throttle | TM MFDs | TrackIR 5