Pagnian Vs Obutto

CookPassBabtridge

Evening

I am looking at two potential cockpits for simming, and hoped you guys could offer some experience on the following two likely candidates:

1. Pagnian Next Level Flight Simulator Cockpit

2. Obutto Revolution (Flight Sim setup).

The Revolution looks like its better specced, but the chair and finishing on the Pagnian is very nice. Anyone tried out either? The Pagnian seems to have a dearth of information on it, but the revolution looks quite popular. For the setup I want, the Obutto comes out about £80 more so its not much of a difference.

As well as racing, I will be playing A-10C / DCS and want to mount my TM HOTAS Warthog on them, I believe they are both accommodating to it :)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I LIKE TO PLAY

PRODIGAL WOMBAT STIMULATOR

Unless there is something specific about the Next Level that makes it a better choice for you, I would get the Obutto.

1. Difference in price is not significant.

2. Obutto has a history, not so much for the other guy.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

Evening

I am looking at two potential cockpits for simming, and hoped you guys could offer some experience on the following two likely candidates:

1. Pagnian Next Level Flight Simulator Cockpit

2. Obutto Revolution (Flight Sim setup).

The Revolution looks like its better specced, but the chair and finishing on the Pagnian is very nice. Anyone tried out either? The Pagnian seems to have a dearth of information on it, but the revolution looks quite popular. For the setup I want, the Obutto comes out about £80 more so its not much of a difference.

As well as racing, I will be playing A-10C / DCS and want to mount my TM HOTAS Warthog on them, I believe they are both accommodating to it :)

I am in the same boat but i am also looking at the Omega GT cockpit.

If you are thinking about the Obutto, they have specially-made mounts for the Warthog. I can't speak for the Pagnian, I had never heard of them before now. But I can tell you that Chris at Obutto provides very good customer service.

MinipitA10C.JPG

• Like 1

DEFENSOR FORTIS

Spoiler

Systems: Falcon NW Talon: Ryzen 9 5950X @4.9GHz, 64GB DDR4, RTX 3090 FE; Falcon NW Mach V: Core i7 3930K @3.2GHz, 32GB DDR3, GTX 1080 FE

Cockpit: MonsterTech MTX F, 42" 4K TV, HP Reverb G2, Oculus Rift S, PointCTRL

Controls: RS F16SGRH CE, RS F18CGRH, VPC T-50CM2, VFX, WarBRD (Grips); VPC T-50CM2, RS FSSB R3L (Bases); Winwing F/A-18C, VPC T-50CM3, VPC T-50CM, TM Warthog, Cougar (Throttles); VPC ACE2 (Rudders)

Hi chaps

Thanks all for the info, especially RogueSqdn for the illustration! I have the warthog and the same pedals, so it makes it easier to imagine it in my living room :) That seat looks comfy and I will probably never get out of it again.

Are there any 'downsides' to speak of? I will be going for centre stick mount, but it will also be good to use the mouse and keyboard tray for normal FPS and surfing etc. How does the desk fare for that kind of use?

I will also be investing in triple monitors, which I have heard can be fun to install?

Also how did you do your MFCD's? Are there 8" screens behind them or something? If so, did they come from ebay?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I LIKE TO PLAY

You're welcome. It's the most comfortable I've ever been for general computer use, adjustable in just about any way you can think of.

I keep the mouse on the tray with the keyboard, and use that same mouse when flying. That does make it a little awkward to use the keyboard when flying, so I also have a wireless keyboard that you can see on the movable acrylic tabletop to the left.

The iPad is kept on the right tabletop for checklists and flight manuals.

DEFENSOR FORTIS

Spoiler

Systems: Falcon NW Talon: Ryzen 9 5950X @4.9GHz, 64GB DDR4, RTX 3090 FE; Falcon NW Mach V: Core i7 3930K @3.2GHz, 32GB DDR3, GTX 1080 FE

Controls: RS F16SGRH CE, RS F18CGRH, VPC T-50CM2, VFX, WarBRD (Grips); VPC T-50CM2, RS FSSB R3L (Bases); Winwing F/A-18C, VPC T-50CM3, VPC T-50CM, TM Warthog, Cougar (Throttles); VPC ACE2 (Rudders)

You're welcome. It's the most comfortable I've ever been for general computer use, adjustable in just about any way you can think of.

I keep the mouse on the tray with the keyboard, and use that same mouse when flying. That does make it a little awkward to use the keyboard when flying, so I also have a wireless keyboard that you can see on the movable acrylic tabletop to the left.

The iPad is kept on the right tabletop for checklists and flight manuals.

Ahh man, sold. My hand is soooo close to my wallet right now. If I hadn't just sent payment for a DK2, I'd be ordering right about now :)

Sorry to badger you on those MFCD's and all, but would you mind spilling the beans on how you made them?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I LIKE TO PLAY

No problem. They're Thrustmaster Cougar MFDs. The UFC is a Genovation 682U keypad (see this thread).

There are two Lilliput UM80 screens behind them. The case holding it all is simply homemade out of 1/2" plywood and painted flat black. I also have an Aimsworth F-16 ICP that I can swap out with the Genovation when I want to fly Falcon 4.

DEFENSOR FORTIS

Spoiler

No problem. They're Thrustmaster Cougar MFDs. The UFC is a Genovation 682U keypad (see this thread).

There are two Lilliput UM80 screens behind them. The case holding it all is simply homemade out of 1/2" plywood and painted flat black. I also have an Aimsworth F-16 ICP that I can swap out with the Genovation when I want to fly Falcon 4.

Thanks again. I love those build threads, got so much respect for you guys that put these together.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I LIKE TO PLAY

I would buy the obutto. I bought my R3volution about a year ago and like it every day! For me its one of the best hardware pieces. Everything is rock solid and you have also a beer holder :music_whistling: for the long sessions. The support from Chris and his staff in Portugal is phenomenal :thumbup:

I also bought the warthog mount and the 5.1 speakes mount. You can play FPS for hours as well

Windows 10 | i7-8700K@5GHz | 2080 Ti | Intel Z370 Chipset | 32GB RAM@1866 MHz | SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 1TB| Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS w. FSSB R3 Mod | Saitek Switch Panel + Radio Panel + Multi Panel + FIP + Flightpanels Software | MFG_Crosswind | TrackIR5 | TM Cougar MFD Pack | Obutto R3volution | 1 x LG38 | GAMETRIX KW-908 JETSEAT

• 2 months later...

Hammer, (or anyone else using the Obutto Rev/TM WH mount) Does the flight stick mount allow for a 15 degree counterclockwise rotation if desired, or are you stuck using it in the 12 o'clock position?

Thanks,

Bull

i9 9900k - GTX 2080 Ti - MSI Z87 GD65 Mobo - 64GB HyperX Predator RGB DDR4 3200MHz - Win10 64 bit - TM Warthog w FSSB R3 mod - TrackIr 5.

Hammer, (or anyone else using the Obutto Rev/TM WH mount) Does the flight stick mount allow for a 15 degree counterclockwise rotation if desired, or are you stuck using it in the 12 o'clock position?

Thanks,

Bull

With the Obutto R3volution Center Mount you need some third party adapter to get the stick with the correct 15 degree offset.

I got mine here:

http://www.simpit.co.nz/index.php/products/tm-warthog-extension

Edited by JaBoG32_Prinzartus

Windows 10, I7 8700k@5,15GHz, 32GB Ram, GTX1080, HOTAS Warthog, Oculus Rift CV1, Obutto R3volution, Buttkicker

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] ЯБоГ32_Принз

With the Obutto R3volution Center Mount you need some third party adapter to get the stick with the correct 15 degree offset.

Thanks, JaBo, but there's no way i can justify spending that much money along with the $1000 or so I'd be spending on the Obutto Rev itself.

Any other options aside from taking it apart and doing it manually, guys?

i9 9900k - GTX 2080 Ti - MSI Z87 GD65 Mobo - 64GB HyperX Predator RGB DDR4 3200MHz - Win10 64 bit - TM Warthog w FSSB R3 mod - TrackIr 5.

• 4 weeks later...

I think the easiest way for the 15 degree offset is to drill four new holes

Windows 10 | i7-8700K@5GHz | 2080 Ti | Intel Z370 Chipset | 32GB RAM@1866 MHz | SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 1TB| Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS w. FSSB R3 Mod | Saitek Switch Panel + Radio Panel + Multi Panel + FIP + Flightpanels Software | MFG_Crosswind | TrackIR5 | TM Cougar MFD Pack | Obutto R3volution | 1 x LG38 | GAMETRIX KW-908 JETSEAT

Well, yes and no. If you look at the Warthog stick base you see a square plastic box that defines the stick's travel limits. If you only rotate the base those limits go with it and make it very awkward. DudleyAZ has a thread on SimHQ that I followed to actually mod the WH handle to have a rotation. If you can't find the link I can find it later... I have to get ready for work.

Edited by RogueSqdn
Typo

DEFENSOR FORTIS

Spoiler

Here's the link.

http://simhq.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/topics/3174378/1

Also if you rotate the base you will have to use TARGET to rotate the stick values.

DEFENSOR FORTIS

Spoiler