Mi-8MTV2 unable to turn on autopilot pitch/roll channel during training

Hi Guys,

I am stuck and cannot proceed with the MI-8MTV2 training because I have no freaking idea how to turn the stupid pitch/roll channel switch on. I tried mouse left click, noting happens, i tried mouse wheel, nothing happens. I even tried LWIN+A as suggested in the training video but still nothing worked. I can see the switch getting depressed when I click on it, but the yellow highlight will not go away. Also, I am pretty sure the autopilot is not on because it is extremely hard to control the helicopter once I am airborne.

unless I figure out how to turn the sucker on, the training will not proceed and I am pretty much stuck.

PLEASE HELP!!!! what am I doing wrong?

Thanks,

Thank :) you are totally correct. I didn't use the search function.

Knowing that this is a global issues, most likely related to the latest patch, makes me a feel a little better. I am a bit pissed off because I just bought it (since they announced the sell) and it's already broken. :(

ED should be responsible to follow thru with their 3rd party developers. This is a high priority bug.

Thank :) you are totally correct. I didn't use the search function.

Knowing that this is a global issues, most likely related to the latest patch, makes me a feel a little better. I am a bit pissed off because I just bought it (since they announced the sell) and it's already broken. :(

ED should be responsible to follow thru with their 3rd party developers. This is a high priority bug.

I have tried to tell ED that via a support ticket, but ED's stance on this is that it´s not their business, since Belsimtek is a 3rd party developer and it´s their problem.

In other posts ED suddently tells that Belsimtek are not just 3rd party developers, but partners.

I´m the one who found how to do the interim fix, but from my side it was merely meant as a stop gap fix until Belsimtek got their acts together and make their own official fix.

I find it sad that people who buy the Mi-8 module now, risc not finding how to fix this issue and stand back with a product thats doesn´t really work.

People should not find it necessary to search for a fix in this forum after the Mi-8 module has got broken, especially not serveral weeks after the bug has been reported and a fix has been found.

FinnJ

Edited by fjacobsen

i7-10700K 3.8-5.1Ghz, 32GB RAM, RTX 4070 12GB, 1 x 1 TB SSD, 2 x 2TB SSD2 TB,  1 x 2 TBHDD 7200 RPM, Win10 Home 64bit, Meta Quest 3.

I won´t say I have regret it, since both the Huye, Mi-8 and F-86F shows great potential.

The Huey is very much close to be regarded as finished, but I´m disappointed that they haven´t got their acts together and finished the rest (Some manual items, and the EGT).

The Mi-8 is not bad either, but the total lack of a flight manual as well as seeing the project merely at a standstill, whils still releasing new beta modules bothers me.

The Mi-8 has hardly been updated since April 2014 ansd still lacks alot of the promised features.

I bought the F-86F and find it very promising too, but I regret having bought it due to the Mi-8 not seeing progress.

I really fear that it might end up like the Mi-8 once they release the next eta module - the Mig-15.

Personally I won´t buy the Mig-15 before I see real progress on the 3 other modules, or at least a clear statement from Belsimtek why there is no progress.

I truely find that ED should take a serious talk with Belsimtek, because their businessmodel also afaect ED.

Im not saying that I won´t buy the next ED module (BF-109K), but I certainly will not buy it either before having seen progress on the FW-190D9.

I simply find that my DCS install now has been filled with more than enough beta modules.

But the main problem here is, that I have doubts about wether Belsimtek actually reads this forum. All I have seen is a single Beta tester who told he would forward our gripes to belsimtek, but no feedback has been given yet.

FinnJ

i7-10700K 3.8-5.1Ghz, 32GB RAM, RTX 4070 12GB, 1 x 1 TB SSD, 2 x 2TB SSD2 TB,  1 x 2 TBHDD 7200 RPM, Win10 Home 64bit, Meta Quest 3.

I am trying this fix that you recommended but Windows 8 will not allow me to save the Notepad in that folder it asks if I want to replace the file when I say yes it says Access Denied. There is no option to open it as admin.

Not sure what to do any help would be greatly appreciated.

I am trying this fix that you recommended but Windows 8 will not allow me to save the Notepad in that folder it asks if I want to replace the file when I say yes it says Access Denied. There is no option to open it as admin.

Not sure what to do any help would be greatly appreciated.

Easiest thing is just to drag and drop the file onto the desktop, edit it there, and then put it back in.

Win10 x64 | SSDs | i5 2500K @ 4.4 GHz | 16 GB RAM | GTX 970 | TM Warthog HOTAS | Saitek pedals | TIR5

I think Finnj is right. Just because he was able to figure out how to fix this bug, does not mean that Belsimtek can take their time and not release an official statement acknowledging it and also proving an ETA for an official fix.

This is a dirty way to do business. ED should be responsible and make sure all their 3rd party partners meet their standards and follow the protocols. If it's easy enough to charge our credit cards for a broken module, then it should be AS EASY to release a patch that addresses this issue. The least they could do it put up a statement near the mi-8 module so people know that the module is currently broken. Most game dev companies do not charge for Beta versions, therefore, if it breaks, well that's the point of Beta. But since Besilmtek charges for Beta, which I assume is to help fund their devs, they need to man up and patch critical bugs.

oh and by the way, if you go to http://www.belsimtek.com - their official web site, there is no way to contact them directly via emails. they redirect you back to ED forum. Therefore, i think ED should be responsible!!!

That's all I got to say... I will open a ticket with ED and ask them to post an official update.

I think Finnj is right. Just because he was able to figure out how to fix this bug, does not mean that Belsimtek can take their time and not release an official statement acknowledging it and also proving an ETA for an official fix.

This is a dirty way to do business. ED should be responsible and make sure all their 3rd party partners meet their standards and follow the protocols. If it's easy enough to charge our credit cards for a broken module, then it should be AS EASY to release a patch that addresses this issue. The least they could do it put up a statement near the mi-8 module so people know that the module is currently broken. Most game dev companies do not charge for Beta versions, therefore, if it breaks, well that's the point of Beta. But since Besilmtek charges for Beta, which I assume is to help fund their devs, they need to man up and patch critical bugs.

oh and by the way, if you go to http://www.belsimtek.com - their official web site, there is no way to contact them directly via emails. they redirect you back to ED forum. Therefore, i think ED should be responsible!!!

That's all I got to say... I will open a ticket with ED and ask them to post an official update.

Spot on !!

+1

FinnJ

ED and BST have been pretty clear from the beginning that you are pre-ordering a release version of their software, and that your pre-order entitles you to have access to the pre-release beta version of the game. You are specifically not paying for access to a beta. Although you may not see it that way, it is an important distinction.

If this is a showstopper for you, it would have been more prudent to wait until the product is released, when a problem like this would be more legitimate.

I understand that, and after re-reading the description, it does say access to a pre-release beta version :). however, I guess the reason I am disappointed is for two reasons: one, because no official announcement has been made, and second, according to finnJ no updates have been released since April 2014.

I think for next time, I will just be patient and wait until something is released. To be honest, the only reason I rushed to buy it was because it was on sale :). paying $50 would be too much for me.

cheers,

I am surprised how this bug has not been officially addressed... this is a major game crippler...

I am sure it is, but in DCS you have no small Bugfix updates..there are only "Major updates" from ED..so BST can`t do much, but wait for the next ED update. But you know..the fact that the Guys (ED, BST,...) release BETA Modules that remain in BETA stage nearly forever with bugs come and go is a common DCS "problem":music_whistling:

My Specs:

I don`t care..it is a Computer..a black one..

ED and BST have been pretty clear from the beginning that you are pre-ordering a release version of their software, and that your pre-order entitles you to have access to the pre-release beta version of the game. You are specifically not paying for access to a beta. Although you may not see it that way, it is an important distinction.

If this is a showstopper for you, it would have been more prudent to wait until the product is released, when a problem like this would be more legitimate.

AlphaOneSix..

I think many flightsimmers want to back 3rd party developement teams by pre-ordering.

To buy something that's clearly not finished, but also has been told not to be is really a matter of trust.

I bought the pre-order beta version of the Mi-8 back in 30-April-2013 and paid 49.99$.

I really did that in order to support Belsimtek. At that time the Huey was not quite out of beta (we could also debate if that really is out of beta at this moment).

A year after at April 2014 the last known updated files has been added and nothing has been done since.

Thats almost 1½ year since the pre-order. No comments has been made to tell about the plans - simply no communicaton has been made, apart from EvilBivol-1's announcement about the manual.

I was one of those confident backers paying the high price of 49.99$. In the meantine, where it has been updated and come nearer completion, the price has dropped to 24.99$ - thats half the price.

For a full release version getting older, that would perfectly be Ok for me.

First and foremost I doubt that You would disagree with me that a development time of 1½ year with no progress the last ½ year can be expexted fair and expected.

I also doubt that You would disagree that it isn´t fair for those early backers who paid 49.99$, taking a far greater risc investing their hard earned money, now can see this halfbaked product beeing sold for ½ the price they did pay for more than a year ago.

I really like DCS World and it´s modules, also those from Belsimtek, since they are great for what they are, but they clearly aren´t finished yet.

Instead there seems to be a steady release of fresh pre-order betas, that seemingly also are stuck in developement once the price droppes and the income declines.

It´s simply not a fair business model, so personally I won´t put more money into Belsimtek modules, before those I allready got start to show firm progress.

It´s absolute time for Belsimtek to show up here and give an update on whats going on.

The silence from them only feeds the growing uneasiness from the customers.

FinnJ

Edited by fjacobsen

Well said. Churning out new modules, getting money for "early-access" and then not completing them might work initially, but if people get the impression of Belsimtek not taking this seriously, it might backfire.

BST: You need to start responding to your customers' concerns.

Win10 x64 | SSDs | i5 2500K @ 4.4 GHz | 16 GB RAM | GTX 970 | TM Warthog HOTAS | Saitek pedals | TIR5

AlphaOneSix..

I think many flightsimmers want to back 3rd party developement teams by pre-ordering.

To buy something that's clearly not finished, but also has been told not to be is really a matter of trust.

I bought the pre-order beta version of the Mi-8 back in 30-April-2013 and paid 49.99$.

I really did that in order to support Belsimtek. At that time the Huey was not quite out of beta (we could also debate if that really is out of beta at this moment).

A year after at April 2014 the last known updated files has been added and nothing has been done since.

Thats almost 1½ year since the pre-order. No comments has been made to tell about the plans - simply no communicaton has been made, apart from EvilBivol-1's announcement about the manual.

I was one of those confident backers paying the high price of 49.99$. In the meantine, where it has been updated and come nearer completion, the price has dropped to 24.99$ - thats half the price.

For a full release version getting older, that would perfectly be Ok for me.

First and foremost I doubt that You would disagree with me that a development time of 1½ year with no progress the last ½ year can be expexted fair and expected.

I also doubt that You would disagree that it isn´t fair for those early backers who paid 49.99$, taking a far greater risc investing their hard earned money, now can see this halfbaked product beeing sold for ½ the price they did pay for more than a year ago.

I really like DCS World and it´s modules, also those from Belsimtek, since they are great for what they are, but they clearly aren´t finished yet.

Instead there seems to be a steady release of fresh pre-order betas, that seemingly also are stuck in developement once the price droppes and the income declines.

It´s simply not a fair business model, so personally I won´t put more money into Belsimtek modules, before those I allready got start to show firm progress.

It´s absolute time for Belsimtek to show up here and give an update on whats going on.

The silence from them only feeds the growing uneasiness from the customers.

FinnJ

Anyone and everyone that feels this way please do not ever purchase a BETA release again as you clearly have no idea what that means. ED is under absolutely ZERO obligation to cater to your wants in regards to beta software. PERIOD If you disagree with this statement or simply cannot take the fact that there will be long periods of no updates , fixes etc... Then do not partake in the BETA process...

It really is that simple...

Please stop clogging up the forum with complaints about software that is not finished when it was clearly labelled as BETA and WIP...

And for those that are upset that they continue to release modules for BETA without finishing the others, that has been explained many times... They are running a business and don't stop production on one module simply because another one has issues that need to be addressed. At that rate we would never have a finished module. (And everyone would bitch about how long it takes to get a module)

If you don't like BETA then wait 5 years for the modules to be released and "completed"

Personally, I enjoy being able to use the software now..

"Pride is a poor substitute for intelligence."

RAMBO

1. "ED is under absolutely ZERO obligation to cater to your wants in regards to beta software" - True if it wasn´t sold as pre-order, but at the moment You take money, You do have an obligation.

2. "...clearly labelled as BETA and WIP..." - WIP means "work in progress" - where is the progress ?

3. "If you don't like BETA then wait 5 years" - The longlivety of gaming software is very seldome 5 years.

4. "At that rate we would never have a finished module" - With Belsimteks businessmodel we also haven´t got a finished module.

Sorry for clogging up this forum, but none of Your defences seems to hold.

The point is that I don´t demand updated files now, but at least I find it fair if Belsimtek would drop in here and tell whats up with their modules for the next DCS update, even if it means 2 month from now.

FinnJ

Edited by fjacobsen

1. "ED is under absolutely ZERO obligation to cater to your wants in regards to beta software" - True if it wasn´t sold as pre-order, but at the moment You take money, You do have an obligation.

2. "...clearly labelled as BETA and WIP..." - WIP means "work in progress" - where is the progress ?

3. "If you don't like BETA then wait 5 years" - The longlivety of gaming software is very seldome 5 years.

4. "At that rate we would never have a finished module" - With Belsimteks businessmodel we also haven´t got a finished module.

Sorry for clogging up this forum, but none of Your defences seems to hold.

FinnJ

YOUR arguments are not valid..

As stated.. If you can't stomach the BETA process do not partake.. Save yourself (And the rest of us) A lot of pain.

RAMBO

Clearly, BST are strictly within their rights to work like this. They have done nothing technically wrong, or broken any agreements.

HOWEVER, we are within our rights to say that we dislike this business model and that we won't spend more money on BST modules unless they start addressing our concerns.

You can dislike the business model if you like, but they did not twist anyone's arms and were completely upfront regarding the expectations..

I completely agree that you should not participate and and spend any money on the BETA programs in the future as you folks are inappropriately upset over considerations that were communicated up front.

RAMBO

Guys, please stop it, right now, right here.

Both sides have already voiced their standpoint, more than once (and you guys know on which side I consider myself standing). But please let us not turn every thread regarding a BST product into this kind of argument - it is just pointless and not helping - neither side.

Mi-8MTV2 unable to turn on autopilot pitch/roll channel during training

Yes father

You are right, i have voiced my opinion many times in this forum - maybe too many.

Time to stop.

Next time BST breaks something that makes it unflyable, and I find a fix, I rather keep it to myself and those guys I'm in contact with.

The rest might then wait for an official fix.

Waiting for such fixes are just part of the beta programme.

But I'm out now......

FinnJ

Edited by fjacobsen
edit