Just getting caught up and need help deciding on a plane.

vincent_y79

I haven't been paying attention to the project but I think I'm caught up. I've been assuming I'll have all so it's difficult to just pick some out of the set. I have two planes to choose from (not the p-51 which I already have) and I'm not sure which to pick. I'd like to have a rounded collection (I hope that's the word I'm looking for) so maybe the spitfire and dora? That'll leave me with American, British and German.

I'm very casual and my knowledge regarding them are mostly based on documentaries, reputation and child like fascination on how awesome they look.

P51, Spit, 109.

All three are legends. All three can claim to be the most important type in history. Without the 109 germany would never have been able to dominate in the air at the beginning of the War. Without the Spitfire Britain would have fallen. Without the P51 the bombing campaign over Germany would have been far more costly.

I would get the P-47 and the ME-262, if you can wait to fly the planes until the Normandy map is released. The Dora, Bf-109 and Spit will have most of their bugs ironed out and be on sale by then.

If you just can't wait, go for the Spit and the Bf-109.

Windows 10 64bit, Intel i9-9900@5Ghz, 32 Gig RAM, MSI RTX 3080 TI, 2 TB SSD, 43" 2160p@1440p monitor.

I can't say much about the not released aircraft (ofc...), but from what I've heard the Spitfire is tricky to be flown on the edge of its envelope, so that could be a piloting challenge.

I guess the 109 will have a significant punch with its 30mm cannon, but as far as I understood from the product description it will not feature the EZ42 gyrosight, so shooting will be a bit tougher, especially for beginners in WWII warbirds like me... BTW: I still wonder if the 109 will feature the wingmountable cannons?

The P-47 and Me-262 will come later, so I guess my picks will be the FW190 and the BF109 and then see what time brings.

Get the 109 and Spit. There is no substitute . . .

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

DCS:WWII 1944 BACKER --- Fw. 190D-9 --- Bf. 109K-4 --- P-51D --- Spitfire!

Specs: Intel i7-3770 @3.9 Ghz - NVidia GTX 960 - 8GB RAM - OCz Vertex 240GB SSD - Toshiba 1TB HDD - Corsair CX 600M Power Supply - MSI B75MA-P45 MoBo - Defender Cobra M5