LockOn Flaming Cliffs demo

Hey people, I'm new here, but I've been looking for a good combat flight sim for ages, so I'm not sure why I didn't buy lomac when it first came out.. It's on budget now though so no excuses :icon_supe

I will wait though until April, as they're releasing a 'gold' version that includes flaming cliffs.

However, I downloaded the FC demo, which is a big improvement over the simple lomac demo but there's a wierd thing that happens:

every once in a while (and it's quite often... maybe once every 20 mins or so) the game becomes insensitive to commands from either the keyboard or the joystick. For example, you move the stick to roll gently and two seconds later the plane responds by doing a victory loop, barrel roll and then suicide run toward the terrain at about 240 mph.

The only way to stop all of this is to exit the game completely which is also hard to do as key commands don't always respond either.. It's like i have to pres esc 5 times before it allows me to quit.

Lastly, I've left the key-config as is but I can never seem to switch between ground targets.

Em, the gold version has been out for some time now. And those problems you are having in the demo do not exist in the game at all. You can get it from many online retailers.

can't seem to find it - Amazon say it's coming out on April the 28th. I know it's out though..

Lock On gold is available for purchase at Wal Mart for $19.99. I got it the other day.

Thermaltake Kandalf LCS | Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3R | Etasis ET750 (850W Max) | i7-920 OC to 4.0 GHz | Gigabyte HD5850 | OCZ Gold 6GB DDR3 2000 | 2 X 30GB OCZ Vertex SSD in RAID 0 | ASUS VW266H 25.5" | LG Blue Ray 10X burner | TIR 5 | Saitek X-52 Pro | Logitech G930 | Saitek Pro flight rudder pedals | Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit

Most of you guys are from the US, except the irish chappy :)

I can't for the life of me find the gold, and since Amazon are saying it's coming out at the end of next month, I'll make do with the demo till then. It's 16 GBP for the Gold edition, so when Black shark comes out, probably around then, I'll get a fair few missions to play. (plus with flaming cliffs, the game is a cool new beasty)

Question though...

When Eagle dynamics did Flaming cliffs, they tweaked the physics models. However, while crashing is bad... sometimes you do get a bit low and get smacked around. The only plane that can actually crash land though is the SU-25.. (i'm playing demo).

If you kiss the grass with an A-10, with wheels down, flaps down, brakes on you're toast, yet with the su-25 you're treated to a lovely bit of game where by you try not to disintegrate on touch down. Even if it does go a bit pear-shaped, it's still nifty to watch..