Custom colored animated Props for the Mustang

Shahdoh

After a little digging, and a lot of testing, finally found what it takes to create custom colored animated props for the Mustang.

There are 3 different files used for 3 different animation speeds for the prop.

p51D_prop.dds

p51D_prop_blade.dds

p51D_prop_3.dds

These can be found in the P-51D.zip file located in: DCS WorldBazarWorld extures

add these lines in to your description.lua for your custom skin like this:

{"P51_PROP", 0 ,"p51D_prop_HPMA",false},

{"P51_PROP_2", 0 ,"p51D_prop_blade_HPMA",false},

{"P51_PROP_3", 0 ,"p51D_prop_3_HPMA",false},

NOTE: the _HPMA is part of my custom naming convention for the skin, can be whatever you name the appropriate DDS file to be.

Example, My edited p51D_prop.dds file is now p51D_prop_QuickSilver.dds, so the line would be:

{"P51_PROP", 0 ,"p51D_prop_QuickSilver",false},

An issue I ran into using these files, is that I used to use semi-colons ( ; ) at the end of each line in the description.lua(this was how I seen almost every other custom skin was setup), but then, some of the custom graphics would not load. It was random and hard to figure out. Then I seen somewhere someone said to use commas ( , ) at the end of each line. Now, so far, everything seems to be loading properly.

If anyone familiar with Lua can explain the difference between semi-colons and commas effect on ending the line, it would be appreciated. It seems both work, in certain circumstances, but comma works better.

Here is a link to my "Miss America Too" skin that now has the custom prop.

http://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/665621/

Here is a short video showing the effects:

• Like 2

To put that final touch on completing a finished skin. There are many paint jobs where the prop is not the standard prop of black with yellow tips. Every time I seen these start up, and the non-standard colored prop changed to the black with yellow tips when spinning, made me feel the skin was incomplete. To me, it just adds another detail to a well done, finished product.