Cant connect to master: Never had it b4. Played 1 hour ago??

Alkaline

I was flying and got chopped. Now I can't even get the master server at all. I think the DCS server crashed.

The Hornet is best at killing things on the ground. Now, if we could just get a GAU-8 in the nose next to the AN/APG-65, a titanium tub around the pilot, and a couple of J-58 engines in the tail...

Good night for me too.

The Hornet is best at killing things on the ground. Now, if we could just get a GAU-8 in the nose next to the AN/APG-65, a titanium tub around the pilot, and a couple of J-58 engines in the tail...

• 2 months later...

Hi All.

For those of you struggling with the could not connect to master issue, I've been battling with this one for the last 10 days. From Format, to port forward, to calls to my ISP, to removing firewalls and antiviruses.

I might have a solution.

Someone on one of the forums posted something about the time on your pc being wrong. I tried syncing my time in windows with online time but it didn't work, untill........

On the DCS website:

Click Personal Section;

Under the "Auto Time Zone"drop down box, select the "Yes, use browser settings"

This fixed my headache. I hope it works for you all. Report back if it does.

Kindest Regards

Phr33Dumb

• 1 month later...

This worked for me and I tried everything you can think of. I had the same issue hope this works for you.

Step 1. Click the start button

Step 2. Type CMD into run

Step 3. Right click on CMD and run as ADMIN

Step 4. Once the CMD screen is up type in netsh winsock reset

Step 5. Press ENTER and reset computer

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you:)

Hello Phr33Dumb and djkillz. I'm not sure which one worked because I tried the two of them but hey it worked I got online for the first time ever last night. I only have 24 hours on DCS but could never Connect To The Master and could never figure out why. So I am delighted that I joined up the forums and got a great result. Thank you guys:)

Nice To Meet You

Elaine D Dixon :)

• 3 weeks later...
This worked for me and I tried everything you can think of. I had the same issue hope this works for you.

Step 1. Click the start button

Step 2. Type CMD into run

Step 3. Right click on CMD and run as ADMIN

Step 4. Once the CMD screen is up type in netsh winsock reset

Step 5. Press ENTER and reset computer

This worked for me. Thank you good sir S!

Ryzen 9 3900X @4.6Ghz | ASUS STRIX ROG 570-F Gaming | 32GB HyperX Predator HX432C16PB3AK2-16 DDR4-3200 | Corsair Force MP600 1TB (OS and Games) | MSI 3090 Gaming X Trio | HP Reverb G2

• 1 month later...

I have begun having the exact same issues after the last update. Never happened before.

I have tried the above recommended solutions with no result. I couldn't find an "Auto Time Zone" drop down box in my profile or Personal Section, so maybe there isn't one on the new GUI for the website. Don't know.

I believe my problem may be an issue with PW. I didn't change it, but suddenly, my LOGIN was no longer accepted on the website, so I had to click the "Can't remember PW" and have them send me a new one so I could change it. After that, my new PW works fine to log me in to the webpage and FORUMs; however, even when I made sure the new PW was correctly entered in the simulation (when prompted for entering Multiplayer), it comes back with cannot connect to Main Server.

I then tried to enter "Module Manager" and it came back with incorrect PW! I then clicked on "Register" to ensure my user name and PW were registered correctly and it said I was logged in and registered! But...the game will still not LOG me in to join Multiplayer????

Anyone with any other ideas??

• 2 weeks later...

I just started having this issue today out of the blue. I tried resetting my PW and now my forum PW login changed but the ED website says it's incorrect. I still get the "cannot connect to master" prompt at MP login. So now it seems like changing my PW only further complicates things. I own the steam version so I'm running another integrity check. It looks like I won't be playing online for quite a while as this issue has no clear fix that I'm aware of. I've done every possible countermeasure on the boards. This is very frustrating.

The issue was 2 conflicting versions of sweetFX. I wouldn't have expected it to interfere with MP connectivity. :doh:

Edited by SinusoidDelta
Issue Resolved.

Same here. When trying to login to the Modules Manager says, Wrong Username/Password. But I can see what modules I have installed. Checked the forum/shop etc users name and PW is correct.

One thing I have noticed is a variance in the first letter of my login where the forum is 'H' and the module manager is 'h'.

| i9 9900K Octa Core 2TB SSD +32GB Spectrix DDR4 @3200MHz RGB | 2 x Radeon RX480 in Crossfire. | TrackIR5 HOTAS Warthog,MFG Crosswind Pedals | Cougar MFDs |

[OCG] Oceanic Combat Group

discord.gg/ZmXEBSU

"Through The Inferno"

by deadlyfishes

Official Australian Servers

SRS: All Servers have Auto-Connect Enabled

Server 1: TTI Caucasus

Server 2: TTI Persian Gulf

Server 3: OCG Training

Server 4: OCG NTTR & Multiplayer Missions

Australian Website

AU Discord Server