Please help me get FC3 working!

FFOman

I played an earlier version of this franchise more than a few years ago, and when I saw the add for a new version that integrates with DCS I just couldn't wait to try it out. Unfortunately I'm not finding it as easy as I remember and thought it would! It seems to be installed correctly, but only as an integrated F-15. There's no training, only one plane, no introductory missions, story line, etc. In fact it seems not to be a Flaming Cliffs game at all, with offering ONLY the single plane into DCS provided...the F-15 which I had purchased for DCS world some time ago!

I can only imaging that I either screwed up the installation or it was not the Sim I thought it was! Please help me work these problems out if you can

From 'Robert Meek' aka "FFOman" dba Tangentals Design Creative Concepts in Programming Design & Code

Business e-mail: TanDesign@comcast.net Gaming e-mail: FFOlonghair@comcast.net

Games I Play: DCS World, FreeSpace 2, Star Citizen, F1 2015, Chess.

FFOman's World Blog: Coming Soon!ttp://ffomansworldblog.wordpress.com/

Yes and no

I just bought fc3 not long ago. Fc3 is not lock on anymore. No story lines. It should essentially be 6 aircraft with simple flight models, and campaigns and missions for them. Training videos can be downloaded in game, but are simply videos of old training tracks. You can't fly the training missions because they've been converted so many times as to be a different game.

The aircraft in your game should be f15, mig29, su27, su25, a10a, and su33. If you bought the f15 seperately it is the same as the one in fc3.

If you purchased FC3 you got a serial. Start DCS, go to the module manager, sign in, go to available modules. Now you should be prompted to install FC3. After the installation you have to register (you will be prompted to, when trying to launch FC3).

EDIT: do you have a ED or a Steam Key?!

My Specs:

I don`t care..it is a Computer..a black one..

Thanx for the responses. Looks like I bought a pig in a poke because when an add says what it is and later you find that it's not I get upset!

I've always respected DCS for their good work and support, but I never expected this! I didn't buy it for the planes, especially if they're tuned down models, but for the campaign story line and ease of use so I can teach my grandson!

From 'Robert Meek' aka "FFOman" dba Tangentals Design Creative Concepts in Programming Design & Code

Well now I'm even more confused! <g>

Flaming Cliffs is installed as showen on the main screen of DCS, and there is some training and campaigns using a variey of aircraft but the training video tells you to hit Pause and practice basic flying, but Pause doesn't work. I'll try setting it to work under controls. But it is not offering me to get any of the planes no matter what I do! My A-10C, F-15C, P-51D, and SU-25T, were all installed before. Now the main screen shows in addition to them, the Flaming Cliffs module and the TF-51D, but has deleted the original F-15C! And under Modules it shows the same planes but doesn't allow me to add anything at all. So evidently I'm not only missimg at least two planes, the F-15C from FC3 has absorbed my original version which wories me because everyone I've talked to says the FC3 version is dumbed down in comparision to the original I had!

I think something is wrong in your install. The f15 is dumbed down compared to the blackshark and a10c, but is the exact same one you can buy seperately. You got the same aircraft twice. Which is ok if you also got the other 5 aircraft. As they are not showing up I think that you did not install fc3 fully- or something is wrong. Try and repair your install

Well now I'm even more confused! <g>

Flaming Cliffs is installed as showen on the main screen of DCS, and there is some training and campaigns using a variey of aircraft but the training video tells you to hit Pause and practice basic flying, but Pause doesn't work. I'll try setting it to work under controls. But it is not offering me to get any of the planes no matter what I do! My A-10C, F-15C, P-51D, and SU-25T, were all installed before. Now the main screen shows in addition to them, the Flaming Cliffs module and the TF-51D, but has deleted the original F-15C! And under Modules it shows the same planes but doesn't allow me to add anything at all. So evidently I'm not only missimg at least two planes, the F-15C from FC3 has absorbed my original version which wories me because everyone I've talked to says the FC3 version is dumbed down in comparision to the original I had!

The system used for training has used changed over the years. Originally they were track files that you could pause and/or take control of and fly as a regular mission file (which is what track files remain). Then they became more interactive. Unfortunately, with FC3, whether from lack of time or manpower or whatever, a decision was made that to simply to make a straight conversion of the previous version's training tracks to video. So you end up with oddities like the instructor telling you to do something that you simply can't do because you're watching a video and not interacting with a track file. As an aside, one of the downsides of track files is that tweaks and major changes to the sim would often break tracks (and training based on them) making them worthless which might be another reason for video training.

There's a bug in the main screen that, when you install FC3, shows FC3 as installed but not the individual aircraft it contains. I suppose, the proof of its installation is to either, attempt to fly a mission containing its aircraft...or see if they are available as "Player" aircraft in the Mission Editor.

Just want to mention that the F-15 now has an advanced flight model and, so, will handle differently than you might remember. The same will soon be true for the Su-27.

Rich

YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCU1...CR6IZ7crfdZxDg

_____

Win 10 Pro x64, ASUS Z97 Pro MoBo, Intel i7-4790K, EVGA GTX 970 4GB, HyperX Savage 32GB, Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB SSD, 2x Seagate Hybrid Drive 2TB Raid 0.

On the installed page of the module manager it shows FC3 as well as a seperate F15C, while on the main page the F15C is now missing, which as you have said is no longer needed seperatly...so I'm okay there. But it still appears that I may be missing a plane or two, even though it doesn't allow me to add anything. I re-installed the game but still no luck. Can one of you who has an install file: FC3_1.2.10.32582.527-355.exe give a list of all planes that show in your module manager and that came with the FC3 install?

DCS: Flaming Cliffs 3 (FC3) is the next evolution of the Flaming Cliffs series. FC3 features the F-15C, A-10A, Su-27, Su-33, MiG-29A, MiG-29S, Su-25T, and Su-25.

This is what should be there.

This was a Boutique Builder iBuypower rig. Until I got the tinker bug again i7 920 @3.6Mhz 12Gig Corsair XMS3 ram 1600 Nvidia 760 SLi w/4Gig DDR5 Ram Intel 310 SSD HDD 160 Gb + Western Digital 4Terabyte HDD Creative SB X-Fi HD Audio Logitech X-530 5.1 Surround Speaker System Dual Acer 32"Monitors. PSU 1200 w Thermaltake Win10 64Bit.

If you have FC3 installed, then it's aircrafts are not visible as separate icons on DCS World "desktop". If you don't then there should be icons for A-10A, Su-25A and F-15C (grey, if you don't have licenses for them). But since you got FC3 serial number, have it installed, and activated, I assume that icons corresponding to planes from that module disappeared, and are now represented by only one FC3 icon.

Edit: if you'd like to do quick check for available aircraft, just go for create quick mission and check aircraft list there...

Edited by ophiuchus

On the installed page of the module manager it shows FC3 as well as a seperate F15C, while on the main page the F15C is now missing...

...give a list of all planes that show in your module manager and that came with the FC3 install?

Here's what shows on the Main page and here's what is listed as installed:

Main.jpg

Installed.jpg

As already mentioned, FC3 gives you the A-10A, Su-25, F-15C, Su-27, Su-33, MiG-29A, & MiG-29S. Remember that the aircraft you can select in the ME can depend on the country you select.

Rich

YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCU1...CR6IZ7crfdZxDg

_____

Win 10 Pro x64, ASUS Z97 Pro MoBo, Intel i7-4790K, EVGA GTX 970 4GB, HyperX Savage 32GB, Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB SSD, 2x Seagate Hybrid Drive 2TB Raid 0.

Ironhand...Looks like everything is okay based upon your message. I was able to find all the other aircraft in missions, etc., but not on the main page or the Module page. It's rather confusing.

The reason I decided to get FC was that I hadn't been involved in Slight Sims for a very long time even though I had made some purchases from DCS. I figured it might be a little easier starting from there. Unfortunatly there doesn't seem to be an organized method of getting into it. What would you and anyone else suggest as the best way to start and move through FC?