Does free track work with newest version of dcs world?

Yes, it does work. Unfortunately, I have had it installed for so long that I forget how to do it. Search FreeTrack and you should find more info. There is a (or some) file that needs to be added to get it working. I think there are several versions of the additional file out there. I'd search for latest posts about it.

OpenTrack uses the FreeTrack protocol. It works flawlessly "out of the box".

You will have to carefully modify the settings and response curves (mapping).

The advantage over FaceTrackNoIR is the Accela mk4 filter (better reactivity/reduced latency).

The last stable OpenTrack release is available >>> HERE <<<

/// ВКБ: GF Pro MkII+MCG Pro/GF MkII+SCG L/Black Mamba MkIII/Gladiator/T-Rudder MkII | X-55 Rhino throttle/Saitek Throttle Quadrant | OpenTrack+UTC /// ZULU +4 ///

/// "THE T3ASE": i9 9900K | 64 GB DDR4 | RTX 2080ti OC | 2 TB NVMe SSDs, 1 TB SATA SSD, 12 TB HDDs | Gigabyte DESIGNARE mobo ///

you need a version of headtracker.dll in Bin folder:

\DCS World\bin

I attach my version that I use.

It works, only problem is on F86F module that has a problem in

\DCS World\Mods\aircraft\F-86\Input\F-86F\headtracker

The file Default.lua has the first line (useless) added several patches before and it blocks Freetrack from working with that module. If you just delete that line from the file and save it... works no problem.

HeadTracker.zip

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I5 4670k, 32GB, GTX 1070, Thrustmaster TFRP, G940 Throttle extremely modded with Bodnar 0836X and Bu0836A,

Warthog Joystick with F-18 grip, Oculus Rift S - Almost all is made from gifts from friends, the most expensive parts at least

ok i found the default lua in the f15c module, which line do i erase? the "return" line?

return {

axisCommands = {

-- headtracker axes

{combos = {{key = 'HEADTRACKER_PITCH'}}, action = iCommandViewVerticalAbs, name = 'Absolute Camera Vertical View'},

{combos = {{key = 'HEADTRACKER_YAW'}}, action = iCommandViewHorizontalAbs, name = 'Absolute Camera Horizontal View'},

{combos = {{key = 'HEADTRACKER_X'}}, action = iCommandViewHorTransAbs, name = 'Absolute Horizontal Shift Camera View'},

{combos = {{key = 'HEADTRACKER_Y'}}, action = iCommandViewVertTransAbs, name = 'Absolute Vertical Shift Camera View'},

{combos = {{key = 'HEADTRACKER_Z'}}, action = iCommandViewLongitudeTransAbs, name = 'Absolute Longitude Shift Camera View'},

{combos = {{key = 'HEADTRACKER_ROLL'}}, action = iCommandViewRollAbs, name = 'Absolute Roll Shift Camera View'},

{combos = nil, action = iCommandViewZoomAbs, name = 'Zoom View'},

},

}

the only problem im having now is that the feed stops working after 5 minutes, on facetracknoir and free track the video screen freezes and i stops tracking my ir leds, then i have to disconnect the camera and reconnect it and then stop and restart the feed. idk if its a driver issue or my camera, im using the ps3 eye toy.

I have OpenTrack 2.2 installed with the latest released (non-Steam) DCS World (v1.2.11) and every module I own works perfectly with the headtracking.

I just installed and configured OpenTrack and connected my three points IR emitter - no file manipulation or anything tricky.

And I'm also using the PS3 Eye.

Can you confirm you're using OpenTrack 2.2 with the PointTracker 1.1 (Main Tracker) and FreeTrack 2.0 (Game Protocol)?

Is your preview video clear and stable?

Unless the Steam version has a different configuration, you should be able to use your headtracking without any issue.

/// ВКБ: GF Pro MkII+MCG Pro/GF MkII+SCG L/Black Mamba MkIII/Gladiator/T-Rudder MkII | X-55 Rhino throttle/Saitek Throttle Quadrant | OpenTrack+UTC /// ZULU +4 ///

/// "THE T3ASE": i9 9900K | 64 GB DDR4 | RTX 2080ti OC | 2 TB NVMe SSDs, 1 TB SATA SSD, 12 TB HDDs | Gigabyte DESIGNARE mobo ///

the only problem im having now is that the feed stops working after 5 minutes, on facetracknoir and free track the video screen freezes and i stops tracking my ir leds, then i have to disconnect the camera and reconnect it and then stop and restart the feed. idk if its a driver issue or my camera, im using the ps3 eye toy.

Glad that you've done what was needed and copied-in the headtracker.dll. A shame about the freezing issue, though. What version of Windows are you running?

I found I had similar issues under Win8.1. I changed the Compatibility settings for FreeTrack to Vista SP3 with RunAs Administrator.

WTB FreeTrack Software Support

I don't always openly list my things. But when I do, I put it in my signature.

i stopped using opentrack v 2.2 because it wasnt tracking my ir leds as well as facetracknoir, but on facetrack no ir, i am using pointtrack 1.1 and freetrack 2.0 as game protocal, it works really well the camera just freezes within a few minutes. Im running windows 7 ultimate, i will try to change the compatibility settings and see if that works. i was reading online and quite a few people have the problem with it freezing, they say its only stable at a low resoltion and frame rate, which i might try, but i dont want it to slow down the headtracking

I run OpenTrack the same as Bourrinopathe does and there is no need for a headtracker dll file as long as you have the Freetrack 2.0 Game Protocol selected and Enable Both under the settings for the game protocol.

It was one of the reasons I switched to it for simplicity's sake, along with the reverse side to side views working properly.

The version is opentrack-2.2-end-of-alpha-2-g2e1b49f used with a PS#3 Eye on CL-Eye-Driver-5.3.0.0341 with 320 x 240 @ 130 FPS, don't have any lockups. No special admin or compatibility settings.

Win 10 64 Pro, MSI Z390 I7-9700K @5ghz Kraken Z63, 32Gb Corsair Dominator, MSI RTX-2070, 1TB NVME 2TB SSD's, TM Warthog, Pro Rudders, OpenTrack w/ IR Clip