Su-25T ILS Issues after 1.2.11 update

ashwath84

The ILS seems to be pretty much messed up in this aircraft after the 1.2.11 update. I don't have any mods installed.

I usually fly the Ramp start and navigation mission and then i just fly around as i like and try to land at random airports.

Before the 1.2.11 update, when I was on final approach (i.e. Landing Mode), the HUD never used to show the Localizer and Glide slope, however these were visible on the HSI, which I used for lining up the airplane.

After the 1.2.11 update, I cannot see the Localizer and glide slope on both the HUD and HSI and makes landing difficult. (I prefer to use ILS always)

Anyone else has this problem? I don't know about other aircraft but this aircraft for sure has it at all airports (tried several - batumi, kutaisi, kobuleti, etc.)

Could someone help or replicate this issue?

+1, bug confirmed in singleplayer and multiplayer with friends (self made mission)

Module: viel zu viele...

Warte auf: Fulda Gap, MiG-23, xy (4th. Gen RED) und mehr neue und alte Propeller wie P-38, Corsair, DC-3, Transall, Tucano usw.

Projekt: OpenFlightSchool -> Thread

Hi guys, I took some time today to test this out as I noticed that A10C-s ILS was working a bit odd, so I was wondering how does it work on SU-25T, and I can say something is not working right.

I tested this on following "airports" :

I managed to get the loc and gs indication on folowing runways: MOZDOK-ID:17 R08, MAYKOP-ID:05 R22, KRYMSK-ID:04 R22 and KRASNODAR-ID:02 R27 and indication looked like in this picture

swXuPW1.jpg

Ignore the bad approach :) It seams that it only worked on airports that had 2 runways with ILS and aircraft navigation guides you only on one of them :pilotfly:

Runways I tested that didn't work and have ILS were: KOBULETI-ID:13 R07, SOCHI-ID:07 R06, NALCHIK-ID:16 R24, BATUMI-ID:11 R13, MINERALNYE VODY-ID:15 R30, TIBILIS-LOCHINI-ID:18 R31, TIBILIS-VAZIANI-ID:19

Indication on those runways looks like this

p99DufC.jpg

Some of those "airports only have one Runway with ILS, but some have both and still don't work, but i didn't find an airport with single ILS that worked.

Will post if I find something odd with my A10C.

What are your experiences with other flaming cliffs 3 aircraft because im thinking of buying them, and I really like to do some bad weather approaches from time to time with an aircraft I'll newer get an opportunity to fly in real life :D but I like realism as much as possible.

Intel I7 4790K, 32Gb DDR3, Nvidia RTX 2080, ADATA SX8200PNP 1TB,WD 500Gb SSD, Asus ROG SWIFT 27' 1440p G-Sync, Thrustmaster Warthog + TFRP Pedals

Found out interesting thing today. It is kinda weird and could be the reason for our problems. Apparently all the airports that I managed to to make Su-25T-s "ILS" to work correctly don't even have an ILS as you can see on the pictures:

h1osDHO.jpg RjwfDMb.jpg

and are using some other system which I am not familiar with and have assigned numbers next to runway heading which seams to be the same on both ends of the runway:helpsmilie:and you cant tune anything on A-10C

Other airports where I tried SU-25Ts approach had normal ILS with respected frequency and you could fly an normal ILS approach with A-10C, but not wit SU-25.

30nUAeQ.jpg

Which brings me to conclusion that SU-25T can't fly an normal ILS approach or I don't know how to tune it or set it up. Instead it can follow some kind of system I'm not familiar with,

please help :helpsmilie:

Intel I7 4790K, 32Gb DDR3, Nvidia RTX 2080, ADATA SX8200PNP 1TB,WD 500Gb SSD, Asus ROG SWIFT 27' 1440p G-Sync, Thrustmaster Warthog + TFRP Pedals

I'm sorry to say that it's not a bug. Russian military aircraft use the PRMG as primary instrument approach system. It's the russian ILS but it's NOT compatible with the western ILS. It works entirely in UHF frequencies, thus the frequency selector in the airplane is in "channels", like TACAN's or RSBN. Western and civilian ILS frequencies are VHF.

h1osDHO.jpg RjwfDMb.jpg

Other airports where I tried SU-25Ts approach had normal ILS with respected frequency and you could fly an normal ILS approach with A-10C, but not wit SU-25.

30nUAeQ.jpg

Which brings me to conclusion that SU-25T can't fly an normal ILS approach or I don't know how to tune it or set it up. Instead it can follow some kind of system I'm not familiar with,

please help :helpsmilie:

What you can see in the mission editor in Maykop or Krasnodar Center are PRMG. The numbers that appear are the PRMG channel and the final course to set in the NPP (russian HSI). Maykop has a PRMG on channel 6 with a final course os 219 or 039, depending the runway in use. Krasnodar Center has a PRMG on channel 31. Makes sense. Both are military airbases in real life. Therefore, military russian aircraft operate there their PRMG equipment.

Nevertheless, Sochi is a civilian airport in real life. It doesn't have those aircraft shelters, but in the game look fancy. As a civilian airport has an ILS with a VHF frequency of 111.10, which is the same that is used in real life.

That's why a Su25 in DCS shouldn't be able to shut an ILS approach in Sochi. As in real life a Su25 shouldn't either. So in the end, the question is whether the airport that you are intending to land with the SU25 is a russian AFB equiped with PRMG or not.

In earlier versions of DCS you could still have Flight Director indications in the landing mode to an airport not equipped with PRMG. It wasn't as accurate and sometimes had a weird behaviour but you still has some indications to shut an approach. I haven't tried in version 1.2.11 yet, but should be the same.

• Like 1

Thanks for the info, glad its not a bug than :D, question is it possible to enter this final heading in SU-25T so that you could use both runways for instrument approaches?

I'm sorry to say that it's not a bug. Russian military aircraft use the PRMG as primary instrument approach system. It's the russian ILS but it's NOT compatible with the western ILS. It works entirely in UHF frequencies, thus the frequency selector in the airplane is in "channels", like TACAN's or RSBN. Western and civilian ILS frequencies are VHF.

+1 :thumbup:

question is it possible to enter this final heading in SU-25T so that you could use both runways for instrument approaches?

Nope. DCS decides what QFU is in use (depending on the wind and particularities of the airfield) and that is the one which will be active.

where can we found the PRMG channel for each AFB?

What about looking at the editor map? The tiny blue numbers above the heading? ;)

Note: MiG-21 uses a different (custom) implementation. I don't know why and hope both systems will converge eventually.

++

Az'

spacer.png