How do you use DCS World?

Murmur

How do you use DCS World?  

329 members have voted

1. 1. How do you use DCS World?

• Mainly for combat operations
    • Mainly for non combat (civil) operations (i.e. focusing on systems operation and flight model)
    • Both

I'm hopefully with things like the base inventory system, cargo and resupply flights might become more important in the future. IE - if the cargo flight doesn't get through, the fighters based at that station will quickly run out of ordnance or fuel or similar. There are people that play ARMA online who exclusively pilot helicopters to insert and extract troops (and direct fuel trucks and repair vehicles or drive them themselves..) - that is the similar system I envision for DCS World - civil aviation minded guys flying mission in "support" of the combat type pilots. How cool would it be if you landed your damaged helo out in the boonies and a cargo helicopter came and dropped of a mechanic and supplies to fix you up?

Maybe a pipe-dream, but who knows!

BeachAV8R

I would love to see some AWACS, like A-50 or E-2C Hawkeye type flights.

Thinking one being the pilot, and one being the operator.

If the sim is expanding more and more towards a complete combat sim, with ground and sea elements, then command roles could be implemented that would benefit from support flights.

All Modules | TM HOTAS Warthog | Saitek Combat Pedals | TrackIR |

The ideas being brought up now make a lot more sense. Not sure how many of you have served in the military, but for every font line soldier, there are dozens of support personnel. Now, I'm not suggesting DCS implement payroll simulation ;) but having those crucial support roles like AWACS, refueling, electronic warfare aircraft, etc. would be great. I'd also love to see a CSAR implementation eventually, where if you eject from your jet, you can get picked up by some guy in a huey, taken back to base and jump into another aircraft. Adding in the FPS elements to make it so the pilot can escape and evade, and CSAR crews can insert and assist would be great as well, but obviously we are talking decades down the road with ED's dev pace. Hell, imagine having a player flying a Navy MH60S out to you when you eject over water and deploying a swimmer to come pick you up? What about ASW application of helicopters and planes? The possibilities are practically endless for jobs that a pilot can fill without having to be a direct combat participant if that's not their thing.

I edited the options listed in the first post to try to make it less misleading (cannot edit the actual questions on the poll).

Of course I cannot change votes already cast. :)

Matters not. U started a very good discussion on a topic true to our hearts My friend. Nice.

This was a Boutique Builder iBuypower rig. Until I got the tinker bug again i7 920 @3.6Mhz 12Gig Corsair XMS3 ram 1600 Nvidia 760 SLi w/4Gig DDR5 Ram Intel 310 SSD HDD 160 Gb + Western Digital 4Terabyte HDD Creative SB X-Fi HD Audio Logitech X-530 5.1 Surround Speaker System Dual Acer 32"Monitors. PSU 1200 w Thermaltake Win10 64Bit.

I edited the options listed in the first post to try to make it less misleading (cannot edit the actual questions on the poll).

Of course I cannot change votes already cast. :)

Lot better, thank you. I did not understand why onboard systems and flight model were linked to civil ops.

We all would like every single aircraft to have a great flight model ;).

The same goes for systems. I am personally really waiting for the F/A-18. I hope that datalink, radar, rwr, etc. will be implemented as accurately as the developpers can. For example, it would be awesome to be able to draw different figures and use different layers on the (MFD) map or create sequences with different waypoints. Wait & see anyway :)