Reset Trimmer missing in 1.2.12

Svend_Dellepude

There's only one 'trim reset' in the real aircraft, and that's 'TO trim'. You press the TO trim button to put the controls into TO trim.

In the air, YOU are the trim reset. It's really not that hard to do when using a stick.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

Thank you for these informations GGTharos. I have to admit that I agree with you , it is easier on a plane like a twin engines or single engine fighter like the Eagle.

That is not the case on a bigger aircraft(according to my experience of big jets, DC8, DC10). I saw so many pilots lost in their trimming and may be the reason why there trims indicators position.

Edited by Jef Costello

I think it has to do with how trim is mechanized. I don't know how it is on other aircraft, but in the F-15 the trim sets the 'zero force' position of the stick. In the game you can only feel this with an FFB stick, but the idea is - if your stick position isn't what you want it to be, you move it to a new position and trim out the stick force to zero (ie. hands-free).

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

Isn't the T/O trim supposed to trim neutral? in that case it doesn't.

I find T/O trim adjusts the elevator so that the plane takes off by itself when it reaches speed. Depending how many times you press the T/O key stroke, will determine how aggressively it lifts off.

TO trim is bugged. The correct TO trim position for the F-15 was actually achieved in .10/11 by using 'center trim'.

You set 'TO trim' in your pre-take-off check-list and your after-landing checklist. Never in the air.

Edited by GGTharos

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Isn't the T/O trim supposed to trim neutral? in that case it doesn't.

In the real F 15, the T/O trim sets the lateral and rudder trim to central and the elevator to T/O position, when the button is held down till the light comes on.

The light goes off when the button is released.

There is no trim reset button.

I7 2600K @ 3.8, CoolerMaster 212X, EVGA GTX 1070 8gb. RAM 16gb Corsair, 1kw PSU. 2 x WD SSD. 1 x Samsung M2 NVMe. 3 x HDD. Saitek X-52. Saitek Pro Flight pedals. CH Flight Sim yoke. TrackIR 5. Win 10 Pro. IIyama 1080p. MSAA x 2, SSAA x 1.5. Settings High. Harrier/Spitfire/Beaufighter/The Channel, fanboy..

In the real F 15, the T/O trim sets the lateral and rudder trim to central and the elevator to T/O position, when the button is held down till the light comes on.

The light goes off when the button is released.

There is no trim reset button.

But T/O trim is still bugged and the trim reset that worked is gone.

So now we have a button that's named the right thing but not doing what it's supposed to.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Win10 64, Asus Maximus VIII Formula, i5 6600K, Geforce 980 GTX Ti, 32 GB Ram, Samsung EVO SSD.

But T/O trim is still bugged and the trim reset that worked is gone.

So now we have a button that's named the right thing but not doing what it's supposed to.

The game T/O trim button works with exactly the same method as the real one I described, except that the aft stick trim is way too far aft, giving a scary lift off, which is basically useless, but then in 10 years I've never used it, (until today). That part needs fixing.

With regards to the reset button, the RL plane doesn't have one so it shouldn't be there, so sorry, I have to disagree on that .

Regards.

I7 2600K @ 3.8, CoolerMaster 212X, EVGA GTX 1070 8gb. RAM 16gb Corsair, 1kw PSU. 2 x WD SSD. 1 x Samsung M2 NVMe. 3 x HDD. Saitek X-52. Saitek Pro Flight pedals. CH Flight Sim yoke. TrackIR 5. Win 10 Pro. IIyama 1080p. MSAA x 2, SSAA x 1.5. Settings High. Harrier/Spitfire/Beaufighter/The Channel, fanboy..

The game T/O trim button works with exactly the same method as the real one I described, except that the aft stick trim is way too far aft, giving a scary lift off, which is basically useless, but then in 10 years I've never used it, (until today). That part needs fixing.

With regards to the reset button, the RL plane doesn't have one so it shouldn't be there, so sorry, I have to disagree on that .

Regards.

That's what i'm trying to say.

The "reset trim" did exactly what "T/O trim" is supposed to do. i.e. put controls in neutral.

Basicly the devs could just have changed the name of the "reset trim" to "T/O trim" in the LUA and it would work as intended. So call it whatever you want.

Post by GG:

http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=2251754&postcount=8

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Win10 64, Asus Maximus VIII Formula, i5 6600K, Geforce 980 GTX Ti, 32 GB Ram, Samsung EVO SSD.

The "reset trim" did exactly what "T/O trim" is supposed to do. i.e. put controls in neutral.
T/O trim on an F-15 does NOT put controls in neutral.

It puts roll and rudders in neutral and stabilator in a pre determined T/O attitude and therefore cannot and should not, be used in the air to reset trim .

Edited by Holbeach