104th now Hosting 1.2.12

RIPTIDE

As some of you may be aware already, ED have brought back Friendly Radar Ground unit Nails in your RWR in 1.2.12. I would ask strikers to be concious of where they are, and not attack friendly radar emitters. Use common sense. Use the map.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

xVmZhF2l.jpg

We are delighted to announce that we are once again hosting more than 31 clients!!!

Our new client limit will be 51 after investing in new hardware and colocation to bring the public a more intense experience!

We look forward to getting back to the large scale battles we witnessed last month when we tested 51 clients with great success.

See you in the middle

S!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

104th Phoenix Wing Commander / Total Poser / Elitist / Hero / Chad

Hey, Apo here, whining about something in the mission... the usual.. :D

It's about the MiG-21 and helicopter target areas. On one hand I really like the missions where MiG-21 has to work the 'easy' target areas.. For example if you are alone on your team / no real comms with the rest of your side..

On the other hand it is really boring if everyone is working the 'real' target area and at times I feel left out of the fun. :D So as a compromise might I suggest to further split the MiG-21 slots to a Heli&Normal TA? I believe this change could make the Mig21 the most diverse airframe to use in your missions.

Sadly I didn't have much time in the last weeks to fly, hopefully you will see more of me again soon. :)

Apo

Yes.

We plan to do this tonight after the next mission rotation, rather than interrupting all the clients flights who are currently engaged in operations on the server right now!

Planned mission rotation is @ 23:20z unless the server crashes or A2G clients clear all Target Area's.

We will confirm here when update is complete!

Edit:

The server has now been updated to Open Beta 1.2.12.35194

Join our Help Desk channel on Teamspeak if you have trouble joining the server!

Edited by [Maverick]

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

EudKmQS.png

Operation Dragon Shield has been added into rotation!

Anapa (Blue) vs Sochi (Red) - see the mission brief for more details!

We now have 6 missions in rotation

Operation Leopard

Operation Timberline

Operation Jaguar

Operation Bison

Operation Able Archer

&

Operation Dragon Shield

Please post up any feedback good or bad and we will update the missions as required!

We hope you enjoy the new mission!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Kripzoo,

We run our missions in the format we do for a lot of very important reasons, I have previously detailed these reasons in the post below :)

Although your idea is a great one, it doesn't fit in with the formula we use to populate our server.

Read more here to find out why :)

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?p=2102399#post2102399

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

But i ask if you could add in the future some more "realistic" missions, where there is an one long frontline rather than this "active target areas" for A2G planes?

Nooo that is perfect : You just have to fly to any ennemi AO to find a great population of airborne target without defense :D

Many of the missions currently on 104th are having problems with FARPs and the Mi-8. So far, only one mission out of the lot actually allows you to arm the thing (the one with them spawning at an airfield instead of a FARP). On the rest, the ground crew will not respond. It all works fine with the Ka-50 and UH-1. The problem seems limited to the Mi-8. Arming the Mi-8 in other servers and in SP works just fine for me.