F-86...initial impressions

Filament

I begin to fly now this Sabre.

My two cents? I'm schocked, 9/10. One of the best work ever seen in a flight sim.

It gets even better as you begin to unlock its full potential. Enjoy!

i9 9900k - GTX 2080 Ti - MSI Z87 GD65 Mobo - 64GB HyperX Predator RGB DDR4 3200MHz - Win10 64 bit - TM Warthog w FSSB R3 mod - TrackIr 5.

Rise of Flight

RoF more accurate than DCS, when even the devs admit there're problems with the FMs they are _not_ going to fix? And IL-2, with its simplified physics, balanced FMs and 100% arcade "press I to start everything" systems modelling?

Man, that list is so wrong it HURTS. But to each his own I suppose...

The DCS Mi-8MTV2. The best aviational BBW experience you could ever dream of.

RoF more accurate than DCS, when even the devs admit there're problems with the FMs they are _not_ going to fix? And IL-2, with its simplified physics, balanced FMs and 100% arcade "press I to start everything" systems modelling?

Man, that list is so wrong it HURTS. But to each his own I suppose...

After reading his post I was like, what?

ED have been taking my money since 1995. :P

I'm not sure who your comment is aimed at leafer, but probably toward me.

So, in that event, I'll add to it:

These are ALL among the best FM's that we have NOW in the industry.

That's all. They're dynamic.

Weights, balance, trim - these all affect the way every one of these aircraft - in every one of these sims - in how the craft flies. And there certainly are 'holes' and 'flaws' here and there, in various subtle ways - in the modeling.

Is this not the case, in your opinion?

Edited by Filament

• 3 weeks later...

I was hesitant on buying the Sabre. Watched several YouTube videos, etc. I even passed up on the recent sale. However, I recently made the purchase and I couldn't be happier. The sim is very well done and it's been a ton of fun to learn/fly. Landing was a bit of a challenge at first but I had gotten lazy after flying the more modern aircraft. Some practice landings/overhead breaks tightened things up quickly. I recommend the Sabre to anyone who may be on the fence.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]WIN 10, i7 10700, 32GB DDR4, RTX 2080 Super, Crucial 1TB SSD, Samsung EVO 850 500GB SSD, TM Warthog with 10cm extension, TIR5, MFG Crosswind Pedals, Wheelstand Pro, LG 40" 4K TV, Razer Black Widow Ultimate KB[/size]

Landing was a bit of a challenge at first but I had gotten lazy after flying the more modern aircraft.

I went the other way. Had only flown Hueys, Mi-8s and then the Mustang...and switching to the Sabre put a big smile all over my face. The difference in power was just insane! And the smoothness compared to flying the Mustang, what a cool jet! But I still love the Mustang. And the choppers ;)