Front gear

JNASova

Hello guys.

I have problem with MiG 21 wich I dont know how to solve.

During taxiing, the aircraft was constantly moving from left to right.The front wheel is also rotating to the left and right.Simply,plane cant roll straith,like pilot was drinking :helpsmilie:.

Joystick works fine.

Смрт фашизму,слобода народу!

www.jna.site50.net

You need to employ differential breaking to turn the MiG-21. Apply the break and use thr pedals to turn. There is no nose wheel steering. With a little practice it's not hard.

I know that.Problem is that nose wheel HAS steering in my case,constantly left-right.If I use external look by F2 key,I can see that.Plane move also left right whole the time.

Смрт фашизму,слобода народу!

www.jna.site50.net

Although I generally love the upgraded gear dynamics introduced in today's update, I have to admit I got this ridiculous shimmy (like on dragosmur's clip) on take-off run, for the first time in my MiG flying "career". It happened with 8xFAB and 2xUB16, 80% fuel config, during normal takeoff with flaps and afterburner.

The funny thing is, though, when I tried to replicate it later in exactly the same conditions, just to record a track, I couldn't make it happen again. There is some glitch still hidden in the nose gear code, but it's difficult to track down. Well, as long as it doesn't happen too often, I can live with it.

i7 9700K @ stock speed, single GTX1070, 32 gigs of RAM, TH Warthog, MFG Crosswind, Win10.

Just a silly question.

Have you locked the front wheel prior to take off?

" You must think in russian.."

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Windows 7 Home Premium-Intel 2500K OC 4.6-SSD Samsung EVO 860- MSI GTX 1080 - 16G RAM - 1920x1080 27´

Hotas Rhino X-55-MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals -Track IR 4

Yep I have, although in this situation, or any situation not involving braking, it shouldn't matter at all. If it does in "our" MiG, it might need to be looked into.

i7 9700K @ stock speed, single GTX1070, 32 gigs of RAM, TH Warthog, MFG Crosswind, Win10.

From what I have seen it appears more often between 150-250 km/h and when the aircraft is heavily loaded. It happens when there is heavy weight on the front gear.

When taking off with a heavily loaded aircraft you can reduce the effect by gently pulling the stick back when accelerating to lift the weight from the nose wheel.

On landing it rarely appears.

It seems to also depend on the runway. On Tblisi Lochini it happens less than on other runways. I haven't tried it multiple times so I'm less sure on this.