Complete A-10C Cockpit Interest?

LynxDK

Looks great !!! I am a bit curious if the screw holes will work for the #8 counter sunk mounting screw and the #10 fillister head adjustment screw. or are you using a different type of screw? did you set up the holes for the instrument clamps or are they just for looks?

https://www.shapeways.com/shops/a-10c-warthog-supplies

https://forum.dcs.world/topic/133818-deadmans-cockpit-base-plans/#comment-133824

CNCs and Laser engravers are great but they can't do squat with out a precise set of plans.

• Replies 353
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

very nice it just looks like you have found some extra room the picture of the engine cluster and in my drawing it is just very tight spacing and there is no way a pan head screw would fit next to the Grimes Post light.

https://www.shapeways.com/shops/a-10c-warthog-supplies

https://forum.dcs.world/topic/133818-deadmans-cockpit-base-plans/#comment-133824

CNCs and Laser engravers are great but they can't do squat with out a precise set of plans.

I dont have the original screws, but i made it from dimensions from real bracket and screws....

But as mentioned before, i will not guarantee that it will hold the weight on 12 original instruments, as i have been told some of them a quite heavy, i can't test that because i dont have all the instruments.

But it is possible to make a simular panel to mount further behind the front, for structural support of the weight :)

Edited by LynxDK

Regards.

LynxDK

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Instagram

This really does look like the best of both possibilities, real instruments and/or made gauges. Putting my order in now! Thanks Lynx for making all of these items!

Buttons aren't toys! :smilewink:

My new Version 2 Pit: MacFevre A-10C SimPit V2

My first pit thread: A-10C Simulator Pit "The TARDIS."

Dzus Fastener tutorial, on the inexpensive side: DIY Dzus Fastener

Thank you MacFevre, ill get started on your order :)

Here is a couple of pictures of the free Cockpit plans.

Please keep in mind that they are a Work in Progress... and if someone has any ideas or questions, feel free to write.

Keep in mind that the top beam is higher/thicker than what you normal would see, this is because i want to imitate that the Canopy is closed. Which means i can mount Floodlights on the sides there.

Further more i have plans of implementing a "door" in the top beam, where you can slide out the keyboard and mouse.

This build is based on sections, for easier transport of the cockpit, And it will have a inner hull and a outer hull, since i dont want visible ribs in the sides.

cockpit_right_side_1.jpg

cockpit_right_side_2.jpg

And for those who only want the consoles, there will be a console only version.

console_right_side_1.jpg

Let me know what you think so far.

Regards.

LynxDK

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Instagram

I'm liking it! :) It is both logical and well planned out, yet looks relatively simple too. Modular, for ease of build and transport. An innovative modern evolution of the ol' "bathtub" 'pit (which other builders could do well to take note of...)

My *new* AV-8B sim-pit build thread:

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?p=3901589

The old Spitfire sim-pit build thread circa '16/17:

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=143452

Thank you.

But im not sure that its more simple than what Deadman, HMA and McFevre presented, as there are many cutouts to make for all this come together. After all theirs are based on a original A-10C trainer, mine is "guestimated" Dimensions :)

But i will have to build a few of these before i can tell how complicated it is.. and eliminate whatever problems there might show up :)

Regards.

LynxDK

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Instagram

Now that i got the right Dimensions for all the panels, i had to redo what i allready made, and since the Engine Cluster was one of the first things i showed you people in this thread, its also the first Panel i have ready for sale.

So here it is, in diferent "kits" to suit the difrent needs outthere.

lx02_1.JPG

lx02_2.JPG

lx02_3.JPG

lx02_4.JPG

This is obviously for Glass cockpits, running Helios or other Monitor based Instruments.

Im making a new thread in the for sale section, where i will add the diferent packages, with all the prices and pictures.

But the prices for this panel starts at 407 DKK for the simple Panel with only screws , and ends at 789 DKK for the complete pack with gauge rings, instrument glass and lamps.

And of course the lamps support installation of small 1,8MM Green LED's for those who want that. a DIY package with those LED's, will also be offered at some point.

The 3D printed rings, and the Glass inserts, all fits tight into the panel, with no glueing or other fastening methods nessesary. If someone want to glue them in place, its totally up to the buyer.

The holes in the Panel are also made to fit Real 2" instruments from the A-10, all the screw positions and the holes are made to work with the original bracket for installing them too.

But since this is made of acrylic, i cannot guarantee that it will support the total weight of all those instruments, since i dont have them all to test it. But if they could get supported behind the panel, i dont see a problem.

The panel comes unassembled.

Hello Lynx,

I am interested in ordering. P/M sent with a couple of questions.

--Thanks Fenmonster

• 1 month later...

Hi Gang,

I ordered some of the A-10 pit parts from Lynx and I must say I absolutely love the parts.. I ordered the complete engine cluster, RWR bezel, Pitot switch cover, landing light switch cover and the deluxe stores jettison guard with the quality button. Everything looks great. I still need to paint and assemble the light switch. I will post more pics when I can. I live in the states and the shipping took less than a week from when I ordered. I will be making additional orders and I highly recommend Lynx's products. It is nice to see parts are finally available for purchase.

Thanks Lynx for your product line!

--Fenmonster

oh shit Ill make one for sure when I get my own house, and a good job. Currently I work at shitty minimum wage job. Although I did buy a warthog 4 days ago. Still waiting for it to be shipped :/.

Can't wait, it will only take me 5 or 6 years to finish college/university.

Thank you for the nice words :) and Fenmonster, im happy that you like your parts :)

Just to update you all, i know there hasnt been much news lately, but i have alot going on at the moment, so that kinda slow things down a little.

But dont worry, its not at a stand still, i can soon show you a finished ADI Bezel, HSI Bezel and a CUB 2 Design. Im also working on the last details on the Right Side Console, when that is done, im going to build it, to correct any problems that might occour. When that is all sorted out, the plans will be released. And then the Left Console, Center Console, and the rest of the cockpit follows :)

The plans for the MIP have been ready for some time, but there is still some small details that needs to be tested before it released, for those of you who are interested in seeing how my MIP looks when it has been cut by hand, you can see it in MacFevre's thread: http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=155845

And i know many of you are waiting on news on the UFC, and here i can say that we are close.... but there are still small things that needs to be sorted out... fx. the backlight... backlighting is not as easy as i sounds, specially not when you dont have much room to work with :) But were getting there.

Again, if you guys have any questions, dont hesitate to write.

Regards.

LynxDK

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Instagram

A little fast update.

As im working on the consoles, i thought i might show you my DZUS rail Replicas.

They are made for 4mm Screws, and fits most DZUS replicas outthere, including my own.

They are 3D printed in pieces of around 243mm, and can be screwed in from the side. They have different holes for more mounting possibilities.

dzus_rail_prototype_4.JPG

dzus_rail_prototype_5.JPG

dzus_rail_prototype_6.JPG

And here you can see the center rail piece partly assembled, for the right console, with the angle on one side.

This is made to be screwed ontop of a 6mm MDF/Plywood/plastic plate which is in the middle of the Console build.

dzus_rail_prototype_1.JPG

dzus_rail_prototype_2.JPG

dzus_rail_prototype_3.JPG

The space between the holes are made to DZUS standart, which means that both replica and original panels can be mounted.

Regards.

LynxDK

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Instagram

The MIP Center Part have been tested to be sure it fits real instruments.

Now that its confirmed, it is ready for sale.

mip_center_prototype.jpg

mip_center_prototype2.jpg

The price is 564 DKK, and that includes all screws for assembling, mounting to your MIP plate, and for installing the instruments / bezels.

A template with the hole positions will be released on my web, and in this thread, and hopefully soon the entire MIP also :)

The price listed is without paypal fees and Shipping.

I will add it to this Sales Thread soon: http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=157201

As usual, if you guys have any questions, dont let anything stop you :)

Regards.

LynxDK

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Instagram

• 3 weeks later...

I have had alot of questions, if i am going to make A-10C sized MFCD bezels.

And yes, i am :) heres the first prototype drawing made.

mfcd%20model.jpg

Sry for the delayed posts i promised... but i have had alot going on lately.... Hope you understand :)

Hopefully i will soon have more time, and then more things will happen in this thread :)

Regards.

LynxDK

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Instagram

Complete A-10C Cockpit Interest?

Nice! Hey Lynx, plan on a couple of these for me too. Would have posted pics in my thread on the glareshield I received, which looks great, but due to flood in basement, haven't been able to get to the pit yet. Thanks again, though.

Looking forward to see your pictures Mac :)

Im working on the Right Console, and as you can see here, im close to cut them at assemble for testing.

I made this design as they are kinda "tapped" together, so they can be glued, and only need a few angles.

right_console_1.jpg

right_console_2.jpg

right_console_3.jpg

When they have been tested and i know they work, the drawings will be released here and on my website :)

Edited by LynxDK

Regards.

LynxDK

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Instagram