[NOTED] Crazy spin on when taxiing with parachute.

Farlander

So, this is the problem.

Flying the MiG-21 with my friend today, i noticed on landing that when i tried to power up and turn, my aircraft went into a crazy spin. my friend also did this and managed to recreate it.

This is how it happened.

on landing i switched braking mode to landing, but decided to just use the chute instead. i came to an stop at a bit of an angle and wanted to straighten up. I forgot to drop the chute. i held down the brake and applied right rudder. i was turning crazy to the left. i throttled down, and saw that my brakes were still in landing mode... that's the problem i tought, and i throtteled back up again holding the brake... and it still just did this wierd 360 on a dime thing.

and that's when i realized it was a bug :P i put of all brakes and gave it max throttle without breaking the chute... :joystick: and man does the MiG-21 spin!!! it's freaking glorious.. finally a aircraft that you can spin around with less than one meter clearance on all sides :P i can see this "feature" being wery useful when having to turn around when you are stuck in a corner... (although i cant remember any time i've been stuck in a corner...)

but yea. if you want to recreate.. land your airplane and put it to a stop, then turn and power on carefully so you dont break the chute. have fun bugfixing :D

also, pls fix gsh-23 gun sound being stuck on.... it kind of hurts my ears...

really like the mig-21 though! keep up the great work

Edited by Cobra847

They are saved in C:\Users\"your own user"\Saved Games\DCS\Tracks\Multiplayer

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I5 4670k, 32GB, GTX 1070, Thrustmaster TFRP, G940 Throttle extremely modded with Bodnar 0836X and Bu0836A,

Warthog Joystick with F-18 grip, Oculus Rift S - Almost all is made from gifts from friends, the most expensive parts at least

• 1 month later...

Actually having the break chute attached can be helpfull in those times when you land long and stop just just of runway threshhold. Keep the break chute attached, apply maximum wheel break, and maximum rudder, throttle up little shy of afterburner, and watch aircraft pivot about itself while remaining stationary.

As far as crazy spin is concerned I think the reasons for that are:

• Lack of pivot point on chutes rope. At slow airspeed when turning (or having side wind) drag chute should tilt to the side decreasing arm of the force trying to rotate aircraft. Currently the drag chute is rigidly mounted to the aircraft.

• Second reason may be improper drag simulation. Drag of the chute in X direction should be bigger than in Y or Z direction since area of the chute is different in mentioned directions. If this is not simulated than in crosswind situation torque applied to the aircraft would be too big causing crazy spin ( amplified by lack of pivot point)

Pls. see attached track file.

drag chute.trk

• 3 weeks later...

Had this "problem" today for the first time. I'm learning to fly this beautiful aircraft and tried it today with a little bit wind, was surprised what happend by trying to get rid of the chute.

Fast forward ~10min, after a little rough landing you can see the aircraft spinning as i was trying to get rid of the chute. This never happend to me with no wind set in the ME. This time i loaded the winter - clouds and wind - preset.

Modules: KA-50, A-10C, FC3, UH-1H, MI-8MTV2, CA, MIG-21bis, FW-190D9, Bf-109K4, F-86F, MIG-15bis, M-2000C, SA342 Gazelle, AJS-37 Viggen, F/A-18C, F-14, C-101, FW-190A8, F-16C, F-5E, JF-17, SC, Mi-24P Hind, AH-64D Apache, Mirage F1, F-4E Phantom II

System: Win 11 Pro 64bit, Ryzen 3800X, 32gb RAM DDR4-3200, PowerColor Radeon RX 6900XT Red Devil ,1 x Samsung SSD 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe, 2 x Samsung SSD 2TB + 1TB SATA, MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals - VIRPIL T-50CM and VIRPIL MongoosT-50 Throttle - HP Reverg G2, using only the latest Open Beta, DCS settings

• 2 weeks later...