A/A TACAN not implemented yet?

Kelevra9987

Hey folks,

yesterday I was flying around and testing some of the Systems in the AvioJet.

I came to a point where i tried to catch the TACAN signal from a Tanker which is on X2 TCN so I put 02X in the TACAN panel and put it on A/A TCN and on the front dash from VOR to TCN but I got no range to the Tanker. Good, maybe i've done it wrong. So I switched to 20X with the same end. Now I cranked the Volume on the Intercom Panel up and listend for an Morse-Code but I heard nothing.

So, is it possible that the A/A TACAN is not implemented yet?

Regards...

Kelevra

Modules: Well... all of 'em

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Motherboard: ASUS Maximus VIII Hero | CPU: i7-6700K @ 4.6GHz | RAM: 32GB Corsair Vengance LPX DDR4 | GPU: GTX TITAN X (Maxwell) | SSD1: 256GB NVMe SSD System | SSD2: 250GB Games | HDD 4TB WD Red

A/A TACAN has been working since the beta days of A-10C, and I haven't heard anything about it being broken as of late.

What do you mean by "X2"? Channels should be on the format "nnX" or "nnY".

Did you put the TCN unit in the aircraft in Tx/Rx mode, T/R? If it is on receive only, you won't get distance readings as the DME part of a TCN is a transponder responding to the interrogations you send out.

Cheers,

/Fred

In the Mission-Briefing was mentioned:

Tanker Texaco - 155.000 AM - X2 TCN

And in the A-10C I get the signal by setting 02X and A/A T/R on the TACAN Panel.

I had the same Config in the C-101 and got no signal. Same Server, same Mission.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Motherboard: ASUS Maximus VIII Hero | CPU: i7-6700K @ 4.6GHz | RAM: 32GB Corsair Vengance LPX DDR4 | GPU: GTX TITAN X (Maxwell) | SSD1: 256GB NVMe SSD System | SSD2: 250GB Games | HDD 4TB WD Red

Ah, my bad - didn't realize it could be a module issue. If it works in the A-10C, the tanker does what it is supposed to, obviously. I'll let those who know answer for the module but by elimination it would seem the module is at fault.

All in all, I think the navigation infrastructure and how it relates to the various modules is a mess, getting worse with every release. :/

Thanks for the Answer.

Regards...

Kelevra