[EVALUATING / NO BUG] FFB Trimming

MBot

When trimming with a Force Feedback joystick (Logitech G940), it both adjusts the stick forces on the joystick as well as moves the in game elevator/virtual stick. Since I am holding my joystick steady, the virtual stick should also remain steady when trimming, with only FFB forces being adjusted.

This worked correctly at release of the MiG-21. Some when at the end of last year, FFB trimming started to incorrectly move the in-game stick.

Edited by Cobra847

• 8 months later...

I just noticed this is labeled as "no bug". Any explanation why this is so?

This is still a problem in 1.5. Trimming is moving the in-game virtual stick (and hence the control surfaces) in addition to adjusting centering forces on my G940. This means that my in-game virtual controls and my FF stick are not in sync. But the virtual stick position should replicate my joystick position (while the positioning of my joystick itself is affected by game driven FF effects and my own manual input).

Again this worked correctly in the release version of the MiG-21.

• 2 weeks later...
I just noticed this is labeled as "no bug". Any explanation why this is so?

This is still a problem in 1.5. Trimming is moving the in-game virtual stick (and hence the control surfaces) in addition to adjusting centering forces on my G940. This means that my in-game virtual controls and my FF stick are not in sync. But the virtual stick position should replicate my joystick position (while the positioning of my joystick itself is affected by game driven FF effects and my own manual input).

Again this worked correctly in the release version of the MiG-21.

Just saw that too. That´s weird.

To LN, try this.

Just create a new mission with a mig on the parking hot.

Method 1:

When inside the aircraft trimm fully forward and let the Joystick move until the real joystick doesn´t move forward anymore. It should be completely forward now. Now either use the outside view to see the elevator or use Rctr+Enter. If you start to pull the joystick towards the aft end of its movement range, you will notice that the elevator won´t move until the real joystick reaches ist mechanical center. When reaching the real joysticks mechanical aft position the virtual stick is just at the center. Thus you have lost 50% of control movement and cannot apply opposite movement of the elevator anymore.

Method 2:

Pull the real Joystick in its complete aft position and hold it there against the trim forces. While holding the stick, trimm forward. The virtual stick moves, while the real one doesn´t. This, again, reduces control authority.

Is this how the trimm function should work?

Fox

Spoiler

PC Specs: Ryzen 9 5900X, 3080ti, 64GB RAM, Oculus Quest 3